• Can a border line lyme test really be Lyme disease?

From lutermark@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 26 20:43:46 2017
    I don't believe there is such thing as a borderline lyme disease, for this reason:
    0.99 LIV or less
    Negative. Antibody to Borrelia burgdorferi not detected

1.00-1.20 LIV
    Equivocal. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful

1.21 LIV or greater
    Positive. Probable presence of antibody to Borrelia burgdorferi detected

Once the test is performed; if negative, no further testing is done.
    If positive or equivocal, immunoblot testing will be performed on the original sample upon receiving a request.
    Sample will be held for 30 days only.

If you tested above 1.21 you are proof positive.
    Downgrading a positive lyme result as a 'borderline' is what it is. It doesn't change the fact that it is proof positive and presently surviving in your system.

On Saturday, August 8, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, SAS59 wrote:
    My blood test results came back as borderline for Lyme disease. All my other blood work was great...no problems. I am having tingling in my hands and legs constantly, shortness of breath (I've never had asthma), chest pains about a month ago (and a chest x-ray showed no problems), basic body aches and pains especially in the neck and shoulders. I am convinced it is lyme and my doctors
    in treating me for 21 days on doxcyclin. But I get the feeling they don't really think it is lyme because the test was borderline. I thought I read that
    sometimes even a negative lyme test could be lyme disease. Does anybody know if this is true?

Sharon

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From cyndi8814@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Oct 4 09:05:57 2018
    I had tested boarderline positive for years 15 years to be exact and it was about 5 years ago I started having symptoms and yes I had lyme than and had the doctor prescribed me antibiotics I may of been Lyme free today so yes you can be boardline
    positive and be positive I tested 92 on the Elisa test which test YOUR BODYS response to the Lyme not for the Lyme bacteria itself so don’t let no one tell you differently. If your boarderline positive you ARE positive. I now have a test score that is
    103. I suffered terribly with Lyme in my joints and heart brain bowels bladder. Please don’t wait find another doctor if the one your seeing says your not positive

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From marccisn@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 4 16:39:47 2020
    Check for EDS

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05