• Please help! Allergic to Tegaderm

From jpadamonsky@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 20 07:39:28 2017
    Have them tape it in old school

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From hbutterworth130@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 1 09:48:22 2018
    Hi. I have had tegaderm dressings applied twice after two operations. I had a reaction only after the dressings were removed. The first time I had a minor rash within a few hours, around the site of the op. This subsided after a day or so. The second
    time the rash moved from the original site of the op ( on my chest ) up to the hairline at the back of my neck and over my eyelids causing swelling. The itching was unbearable, I did talk to a nurse and doctor who had t acknowledge it probably was an
    allergy to the dressing. The nurse said she had seen it before.
    My opinion is the glue and residue from the dressing, once exposed to the air creates an unpleasant side effect from an innocuous dressing.,

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From geoff@harrow.us@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 8 12:16:17 2018
    Recent operation for appendicitis. Tegaderm used to dress wound in theatre. Where the adhesive part of the dressing met with my skin. I developed hidous and painful blisters. These and the original wound site had to be dressed with gauze and micropore
    tape. Not ideal as the wound area should be "sealed". After the blisters burst I found moisturiser to be very affective in reducing the soreness. I have reported my incident to 3M, the manufacturers.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From marylouswanberg@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 28 11:03:51 2019
    On Wednesday, October 25, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Mvv11 wrote:
    I had the same problem and have had better results with OpSite IV3000 (by Smith
    and Nephew). I also develop rash from the tape and have to move the dressing around each week to let the rash breath. You may also try Triamcinolone acetonide cream(prescription) on the rash to help the itch and dry it up. Good
    luck.

I also had good results with Op Site IV3000

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05