• Brushing teeth vs rubbing toothpaste

From Mario Micro@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jan 8 15:51:01 2019
    Since my dentist suggested that I rub fluoride toothpaste on my teeth at night, I've felt that this gives me more protection against cavities. Besides, it leave my mouth fresh for longer. I also have an Aloe Vera toothpaste (no fluoride) and when I have
    gum pain, I just rub the paste on my gum and the pain disappears for a while.

My question is: if I floss my teeth after a meal, can I get away with using the toothbrush at all, and just rub the paste on my teeth?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Steven Bornfeld@21:1/5 to Mario Micro on Tue Jan 8 16:25:46 2019
    On 1/8/2019 9:51 AM, Mario Micro wrote:
    Since my dentist suggested that I rub fluoride toothpaste on my teeth at night, I've felt that this gives me more protection against cavities. Besides, it leave my mouth fresh for longer. I also have an Aloe Vera toothpaste (no fluoride) and when I
    have gum pain, I just rub the paste on my gum and the pain disappears for a while.

My question is: if I floss my teeth after a meal, can I get away with using the toothbrush at all, and just rub the paste on my teeth?

No. If you're using fluoride you want to apply it to a clean surface.
    Flossing will handle the surfaces between your teeth but not the
    surfaces toward the cheek or tongue (palate).
    If you have a lot of cavities your dentist may want to recommend a high-fluoride gel such as Prevident 5000, which is a prescription
    medication. It's designed to brush with, but after use you spit it out
    but don't rinse.

Steve

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)