• What specialties deal with occlusion analysis/correction?

From Alex S@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 21 15:39:03 2020
    Just chanced on this old thread after searching for occlusion in the forum. I've been having bite problems (overgrown molars likely due to a partial night guard, loss of canine guidance on the left side) and going from dentist to dentist trying to figure
    them out.

I've learned that prosthodontists get more training in occlusion than other specialties because it is needed in reconstruction work. In my experience this has been true. A prosthodontist was able to recognize and diagnose my bite issues, whereas multiple
    orthodontists and general dentists couldn't. Kois-trained dentists also get special training in occlusion. They learn to perform occlusal adjustments using Kois deprogrammers. However, they are general dentists for the most part and (in my experience)
    tend to be hands-on and less theoretical. I've learned that occlusion is generally poorly understood in the profession, and orthodontists may be the most qualified to diagnose it (esp. those who are also involved in teaching).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)