• Cracked molar has (almost) fixed itself?

From Steven Bornfeld@21:1/5 to miguel.manara@mail.com on Wed Aug 28 10:33:38 2019
    On 8/28/2019 10:18 AM, miguel.manara@mail.com wrote:
    A few months ago, I reported that I had massive pain in one molar. The tooth was diagnosed as cracked by my ex-dentist, but I did not trust him to perform any operation on it, because he didn't look very confident.

Then I visited two more NHS dentists, who both suggested removing the tooth altogether. I did not want to remove the tooth, so I waited, in order to save money and maybe try the route of going to a Hungarian dentist.

Anyway, in the meantime I started using aloe vera toothpaste and mouthwash after each meal, and I basically avoided any sugars and carbohydrates in my diet. The pain has completely gone; that dodgy feeling of having a precarious tooth in my mouth is
    still there, but it doesn't bother me that much. I sometimes forget I have a dodgy tooth and occasionally bite on something very hard (like pork rinds or nuts) and did not experience any major incidents.

The only thing that bothers me is that my breath is not great. Maybe the crack has exposed the tooth to some cavities? But all dentists said there was no cavity?

Granted that this tooth needs checking by a good dentist one day, is it fair to say it might be healing itself, or am I just deluding myself?

If the tooth is cracked, well...cracks don't heal themselves. But
    sometimes a cracked segment will fall off (if the crack doesn't extend significantly under the gum) , and the symptoms improve. But if there
    was an abscess--due to a crack or other problem, abscesses may wax and
    wane. If the abscess is periodontal it can resolve more or less
    completely, but these tend to recur. The other major causes of abscess--fracture, decay, trauma--these may become more or less painful,
    but they rarely if ever resolve on their own.

Steve

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From miguel.manara@mail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 28 16:18:59 2019
    A few months ago, I reported that I had massive pain in one molar. The tooth was diagnosed as cracked by my ex-dentist, but I did not trust him to perform any operation on it, because he didn't look very confident.

Then I visited two more NHS dentists, who both suggested removing the tooth altogether. I did not want to remove the tooth, so I waited, in order to save money and maybe try the route of going to a Hungarian dentist.

Anyway, in the meantime I started using aloe vera toothpaste and mouthwash after each meal, and I basically avoided any sugars and carbohydrates in my diet. The pain has completely gone; that dodgy feeling of having a precarious tooth in my mouth is
    still there, but it doesn't bother me that much. I sometimes forget I have a dodgy tooth and occasionally bite on something very hard (like pork rinds or nuts) and did not experience any major incidents.

The only thing that bothers me is that my breath is not great. Maybe the crack has exposed the tooth to some cavities? But all dentists said there was no cavity?

Granted that this tooth needs checking by a good dentist one day, is it fair to say it might be healing itself, or am I just deluding myself?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)