• Where are Sandy Shaw and Durk Pearson now?

From chpinsp@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Hoffmann Yen-Wei Liu on Fri Mar 9 11:29:13 2018
    On Sunday, October 26, 2003 at 8:54:24 AM UTC-6, Hoffmann Yen-Wei Liu wrote:
    Hello,

As I went to lifeservices.com, Sandy and Durk's long-time partner, I found out
    now it is redirected to ketofoods.com, dedicated to keto food. There are no traces of S&D left any more.

My wild guess is their cooperation ended as LS tended to move to the more lucrative keto market. But does anyone know what was really going on and where I
    can find the past articles and newsletters of S&D ? Any news about them ?

Thanks for your attention.

ywliu

Amazing how old some threads are getting. I would imagine this one is getting a few grey hairs. Ha. I have followed Durk & Sandy since the 80's. It has always seemed to me that they were both a little quirky even back then, as most scientist and
    engineers are. I don't think that they ever were the poster candidate for Muscle Magazine or Cosmo, and getting older isn't changing that, or their DNA. They both pioneered nutritional science, and fought a good fight against those that make money by
    keeping the sick uninformed. My hat is off to both of them and the amazing achievements they made in their professional carriers.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From forpeilin@gmail.com@21:1/5 to John H. Gohde on Thu May 17 15:07:40 2018
    On Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 4:22:01 AM UTC-8, John H. Gohde wrote:
    On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 9:48:53 PM UTC-5, carlotasa...@gmail.com wrote:
    Dirk was born in 1943. I happen to know both Durk and Sandy. Studied with them in the 80s. If you knew these two very humble kind persons you would not entertain all this negative babble. I have taken their super foods since the 80s and can testify
    to good health a sharp mind and energy that makes younger constituents marvel. Instead of running these two genuinely honest persons down try having an open mind. Try the WOW and Inner power. Get out from under the control of the AMA; FDA and
    prescription drugs and try pure nutrition. It will clear your befuddled minds. You might gain clarity and live a longer life.

They're just a bunch of capitalistic frauds, IMHO. Following their advice in their book nearly killed me.

Every bit of their advice was totally worthless, as far as I am concerned.

Plus, both of them look uglier than ever in the flesh, and that is no understatement.

http://www.life-enhancement.com/images/LEM1305DandS300.jpg

I have had the exact opposite (that is very successful) results. It is important to let your doctor know whenever you are following a naturopathic regimine and have any needed tests performed to check important levels and always start with lower than
    recommended doses to ensure that you won't have bad reactions or incompatibilities. It is also risky to combine medications with nutraceuticals. Also bad reactions can be indicative of as yet undiagnosed underlying medical problems. Lastly, their advice
    was given in the early 80's reflecting work performed primarily in the 70's. It should be only used as a starting point for formulating treatment plans if they are to be used some 48 years later. I'm sorry that you were not pleased with the results you
    had. I have thanked heaven that I found their advice when I did.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From costantiniandrew@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 3 19:49:31 2018
    Awesome answer. I was exposed to their products decades ago and still look for them online

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From yenweiliu@gmail.com@21:1/5 to costanti...@gmail.com on Thu Aug 30 18:33:50 2018
    On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 10:49:33 AM UTC+8, costanti...@gmail.com wrote:
    Awesome answer. I was exposed to their products decades ago and still look for them online

I started this thread about fifteen years ago and to my surprise I just found it is still kind of alive.

Last year, life-enhancement.com started to drop S&D's formulations gradually, citing "Management made that decision .... and we are being certified as organic" in answer to my inquiry.

I don't know how is S&D's relationship with LE, or if they are the management themselves. And life-enhancement.com seemed to have been stale since last year too. So far I haven't found any clues if S&D will switch to a different partner. It's hard to
    find replacement for some of their products.

ywliu

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mpryor@lifepriority.com@21:1/5 to Hoffmann Yen-Wei Liu on Sat Sep 1 12:37:25 2018
    On Sunday, October 26, 2003 at 8:54:24 AM UTC-6, Hoffmann Yen-Wei Liu wrote:
    Hello,

now it is redirected to ketofoods.com, dedicated to keto food. There are no traces of S&D left any more.

My wild guess is their cooperation ended as LS tended to move to the more lucrative keto market. But does anyone know what was really going on and where I

ywliu

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mpryor@lifepriority.com@21:1/5 to yenw...@gmail.com on Sat Sep 1 12:49:31 2018
    On Thursday, August 30, 2018 at 8:33:52 PM UTC-5, yenw...@gmail.com wrote:

I started this thread about fifteen years ago and to my surprise I just found it is still kind of alive.

Last year, life-enhancement.com started to drop S&D's formulations gradually, citing "Management made that decision .... and we are being certified as organic" in answer to my inquiry.

I don't know how is S&D's relationship with LE, or if they are the management themselves. And life-enhancement.com seemed to have been stale since last year too. So far I haven't found any clues if S&D will switch to a different partner. It's hard to

ywliu

Durk and Sandy are still working and offering products at www.lifepriority.com

Life Priority Inc. was formed in 1994 as a customer oriented company with Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaws approval.
    https://www.lifepriority.com/articles.asp?ID=133

800-787-5438

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From mpryor@lifepriority.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 1 12:44:12 2018
    9/1/2018
    I have known Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw since 1991 when I met them at a health and wellness event.

I have been using Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw supplements ever since.
    There is nothing more important than investing in your health! We are honored to help support you in your quest for good health!

We believe that investing in your physical and mental health is the most important investment you can make. We appreciate the opportunity to serve your nutritional needs and make it our goal to treat your health as our priority.

My wife, Michelle and I started Life Priority in 1994 with the help and support of Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw, research scientists, and co-authors of the bestselling book, Life Extension: A Practical Scientific Approach. Their 1.5 million copy
    bestseller was published in 1980 to inform doctors about the value of using certain nutrients to provide optimal health.

For the last 35 years, Durk and Sandy have been at the forefront of the nutritional research industry. Life Priority has joined with Durk and Sandy to support the legal effort (see www.emord.com) to protect the nutritional supplement industry from
    unnecessary government restrictions. Every order that you place helps to support this great cause.

I became a retail customer of the Pearson and Shaw Designer Food formulas in 1991. I simply wanted to feel better. Their formulas changed my life. I played professional baseball for 16 years with the original Washington Senators, Texas Rangers, New York
    Yankees, Chicago White Sox and the Kansas City Royals. I was lucky enough to be on the 1985 World Series Champion Royals. I feel as though I am on a world championship team every day with Life Priority and the expertise of Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw.

Our commitment is to give you excellent service and the quality nutritional supplements you deserve. Along with the 9 different Pearson and Shaw formulas, we also offer Joint Decision (Glucosamine HCI),Total Joint Complex, Omega3 Priority (Omega 3 Fatty
    Acid) and PS Priority.

Our customer list is proprietary information and is not shared with anyone. Call me personally if there is anything about our products or service that I can make better.

To stay informed on Life Priority product promotions and events, please join our mailing list by visitingwww.lifepriority.com. You can friend us on Facebook!

Thanks for allowing us to share the World Series winning products at Life Priority!

To Your Health!
    Live Long and Prosper--

Greg & Michelle Pryor, Owners
    The Team at Life Priority Health and Nutrition
    www.lifepriority.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From yenweiliu@gmail.com@21:1/5 to mpr...@lifepriority.com on Mon Sep 3 17:45:07 2018
    Thanks for your information. But unfortunately my country, Taiwan, is not on your list of available countries.

Anyway, at least it's good to know Life Priority still carries their formulations.

ywliu

On Sunday, September 2, 2018 at 3:49:32 AM UTC+8, mpr...@lifepriority.com wrote:

ywliu

Life Priority Inc. was formed in 1994 as a customer oriented company with Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaws approval.

800-787-5438

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Madman2001@21:1/5 to yenw...@gmail.com on Sat Sep 29 08:29:44 2018
    On Monday, September 3, 2018 at 7:45:08 PM UTC-5, yenw...@gmail.com wrote:
    Thanks for your information. But unfortunately my country, Taiwan, is not on your list of available countries.

Anyway, at least it's good to know Life Priority still carries their formulations.

ywliu

On Sunday, September 2, 2018 at 3:49:32 AM UTC+8, mpr...@lifepriority.com wrote:

I don't know how is S&D's relationship with LE, or if they are the management themselves. And life-enhancement.com seemed to have been stale since last year too. So far I haven't found any clues if S&D will switch to a different partner. It's hard
    to find replacement for some of their products.

ywliu

800-787-5438

I recently ordered from Life Enhancement and noticed that they changed their packaging. For example, the label for Lithium Plus formerly listed Durk & Sandy's name above the product name, and the label was in color. Now, Durk & Sandy are missing and
    the label is simply in blue and black.

I don't like it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From carpdc@aol.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 13 20:00:14 2018
    I’m looking to find anyone that sells a replacement for their two skin care products that have been epic for my skin and have not been available for about 4 years. Specifically New Skin and Forever Young I believe we’re the names. One was a red
    liquid that actually came off on the collars of my shirts but I still over the results with my skin!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From bgracegrandon@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Hoffmann Yen-Wei Liu on Mon Sep 2 12:33:25 2019
    On Sunday, October 26, 2003 at 6:54:24 AM UTC-8, Hoffmann Yen-Wei Liu wrote:
    Hello,

ywliu

I first saw Durk and Sandy on Merv Griffin show, way back in the 70s maybe? I appreciated their cutting edge approach and research. I've been very curious to follow up with them and see if they exemplify what they advise. I do believe there is a
    correlation between appearance and health. We do know more now that in the 80s though that there is NO one size fits all on nutrition due to genetic variations.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ladyofwhimsy477@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 16 13:01:57 2020
    He was born in 1943

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Doug Selsam@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 21 15:40:59 2020
    I guess the internet (increasingly) has its limitations. Can't find any recent info on D.P. and S.S. Nothing... Crickets...
    I think it's time to replace google. Almost any search ends up at one of about 5 websites these days.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Howie Levit@21:1/5 to Doug Selsam on Sat Oct 24 16:20:57 2020
    On Monday, September 21, 2020 at 6:41:01 PM UTC-4, Doug Selsam wrote:
    I guess the internet (increasingly) has its limitations. Can't find any recent info on D.P. and S.S. Nothing... Crickets...
    I think it's time to replace google. Almost any search ends up at one of about 5 websites these days.

So where are they now and can either one be " followed " on FB or twitter,, etc....
    Thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From tribulu@21:1/5 to Howie Levit on Sun Jan 31 17:47:47 2021
    On Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 7:21:02 PM UTC-4, Howie Levit wrote:
    So where are they now and can either one be " followed " on FB or twitter,, etc....
    Thanks
    I miss Durk and Sandy big time. I have followed them since 1983. Have not read anything new from them in a couple years. I would love to hear what they think of covid

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Kim Hasse@21:1/5 to tribulu on Wed May 12 17:38:52 2021
    On Sunday, January 31, 2021 at 5:47:48 PM UTC-8, tribulu wrote:
    On Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 7:21:02 PM UTC-4, Howie Levit wrote:
    Thanks
    I miss Durk and Sandy big time. I have followed them since 1983. Have not read anything new from them in a couple years. I would love to hear what they think of covid

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Thanks Again@21:1/5 to Gene Haywood on Sun Aug 22 09:44:25 2021
    On Tuesday, October 28, 2003 at 5:24:39 PM UTC-5, Gene Haywood wrote:
    "Russell.Beale" <Russ...@nonespam.com> wrote in message news:<3xmnb.2603$sP5....@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net>...
    "Gene Haywood" <geh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bd56540c.03102...@posting.google.com...
    Saw a photo of Durk in a newspaper a few months back. These flashbulb photos are never flattering but he looked like a 65 year old (probably
    10 to 15 years older than his actual age) grossly obese man.

I see: for reasons which we can only guess at, you want us to think that Pearson is between 50 and 55. In which case you will kindly explain to us how he came to graduate *38 years ago*:

"Durk took a triple minor at MIT in physics, biology and psychology,
    with a triple minor in electrical engineering, computer science, and chemistry, graduating in 1965." (http://www.nuvobody.com/pages/professionals/durk_sandy.aspx)

Was he really *12 years old* when this happened? Or maybe he'd reached *17*?? Or is the truth simply that you are just another Usenet asshole shooting your mouth off?

Russ.
    Sorry about the inaccurate guess as to his actual age, but no reason
    for you to become another vicious flaming Usenet asshole yourself.
    Point was, that for an anti-aging guru he should look in better shape
    than that.

He's not the "Usenet asshole" here, brah--- -- you're dates are so off, it should bring SHAME to a sane person.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Juan Daugherty@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 26 22:36:30 2023
    It's a tough call on these two. OTOH, as pioneers even if they failed they should be lauded, in the early '80s there was nothing like their book, the stuff like Adele Davis that came before didn have a scientific character.

OTOH. they are not 80 and both what they looked like 20+ ya and the fact that they won't show themselves speak for themselves.

80 isn't that old and substantial numbers of people reach it in good shape with nothing more than common sense and decent genes. I understand how their financial interests and possibly pride keep them from showing themselves but it's still disappointing
    that they can't be truthful and forthcoming.

Pity because so much more is known now and the field of anti aging is incomparably more advanced than in their time but their character prevents them from being lauded as the pioneers they in fact were.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Juan Daugherty@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 26 22:41:19 2023
    It's a tough call on these two. OTOH, as pioneers even if they failed they should be lauded, in the early '80s there was nothing like their book, the stuff like Adele Davis that came before didn have a scientific character.

OTOH, they are now 80 and both what they looked like 20+ ya and the fact that they won't show themselves speak for themselves.

80 isn't that old and substantial numbers of people reach it in good shape with nothing more than common sense and decent genes. I understand how their financial interests and possibly pride keep them from showing themselves but it's still disappointing
    that they can't be truthful and forthcoming.

Pity because so much more is known now and the field of anti aging is incomparably more advanced than in their time but their character prevents them from being lauded as the pioneers they in fact were.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Juan Daugherty@21:1/5 to Juan Daugherty on Wed Jul 26 22:38:43 2023
    On Thursday, July 27, 2023 at 5:36:32 AM UTC, Juan Daugherty wrote:

OTOH. they are not 80 and both what they looked like 20+ ya and the fact that they won't show themselves speak for themselves.

80 isn't that old and substantial numbers of people reach it in good shape with nothing more than common sense and decent genes. I understand how their financial interests and possibly pride keep them from showing themselves but it's still
    disappointing that they can't be truthful and forthcoming.

*both are now 80

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05