• Running

From Zero Drop Shoe@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 28 14:27:03 2020
    I've decided to start running again.
    I am at the start of my third week and seem to be able to do 5 miles without soreness.
    I'll do 5 miles for awhile and then when I feel like it, I'll add in a hill.
    In time, I'll start to time myself. Currently my times aren't worth timing but that will change as I tend to get good gains without soreness.
    Work keeps me relatively fit but I do need to add certain exercises beyond it and running.
    Also I have mountain/ridge that I'll run up when I more fit;-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Edward Montague@21:1/5 to Zero Drop Shoe on Tue May 5 20:34:04 2020
    On Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 9:27:05 AM UTC+12, Zero Drop Shoe wrote:
    I am at the start of my third week and seem to be able to do 5 miles without soreness.
    I'll do 5 miles for awhile and then when I feel like it, I'll add in a hill. In time, I'll start to time myself. Currently my times aren't worth timing but that will change as I tend to get good gains without soreness.
    Work keeps me relatively fit but I do need to add certain exercises beyond it and running.

I used to run a fair bit.
    However I tended to get quite warm, so the night time
    seemed to be most appropriate time.

I live in a rural town, nevertheless I have difficulty finding a suitable location to go for a sprint, let alone a longish run.

I found that after awhile I was mostly concerned about running and not much else, have you ever found this to be the instance.
    Also, perhaps other exercises alongside your running
    might be appropriate; like light weight training.

Lastly, running might be addictive, is this going to
    play havoc with your regulation of serotonin levels or enhance this.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Zero Drop Shoe@21:1/5 to Edward Montague on Mon May 18 11:29:14 2020
    On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 8:34:06 PM UTC-7, Edward Montague wrote:
    I'll do 5 miles for awhile and then when I feel like it, I'll add in a hill.
    In time, I'll start to time myself. Currently my times aren't worth timing but that will change as I tend to get good gains without soreness.

I used to run a fair bit.
    However I tended to get quite warm, so the night time
    seemed to be most appropriate time.

I live in a rural town, nevertheless I have difficulty finding a suitable location to go for a sprint, let alone a longish run.

I found that after awhile I was mostly concerned about running and not much else, have you ever found this to be the instance.
    Also, perhaps other exercises alongside your running
    might be appropriate; like light weight training.

Lastly, running might be addictive, is this going to
    play havoc with your regulation of serotonin levels or enhance this.

I should do weight and stretch band exercises and have been to an extent.
    My work is physical and often heavy and always a bit dangerous when in the field.
    For running good shoes with after market insoles really help.
    If anything running help balance the brain. And as to serotonin, I have been know to supplement with myo-inositol at high dose levels such the secondary messenger system is fully enhanced downstream of serotonin.
    Anyway, I am not a depressive or someone locked into recursive and unrelenting thought loops;-)
    I have decent areas to run though the virus lock down has the local track shut down.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Edward Montague@21:1/5 to Zero Drop Shoe on Sat Jun 13 00:38:53 2020
    I'll do 5 miles for awhile and then when I feel like it, I'll add in a hill. In time, I'll start to time myself. Currently my times aren't worth timing but that will change as I tend to get good gains without soreness.

As I listen to Youtube Mozart, brain power; I feel uplifted.

Recently I introduced some more butter to my oatmeal and date loaves; my lower back feels better and I'm more rested.
    This is rather important as any type of walking jars the spine.Obviously this is something you're aware of.

Hadn't known about the secondary pathway for
    serotonin, I imagine serotonin gets depleted
    by those who use narcotics.

Being in a rural town like I am, I thought
    that there'd be somewhere to run about.
    The nearest possibility is a long intercity
    road that's unpaved and occasionally frequented by heavy trucks oft times ferrying stock.

I purchased some shoes for general usage, brand
    New Balance; Addidas are probably better.
    Insoles are a good idea, most times.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05