• Where is Gordon Barnes?

From langleycpl@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 10 07:55:20 2015
    He was in Myrtle Beach at the old Pavilion working one night while we were on vacation. That was in the late 80's I think

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From pjwagner1210@gmail.com@21:1/5 to srpo...@gmail.com on Tue Jan 5 06:54:27 2016
    On Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 7:03:53 PM UTC-4, srpo...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 8:12:50 PM UTC-4, bethha...@gmail.com wrote:
    Gordon Barnes, Meteorologist and Pilot, is my next door neighbor here in Fort Worth, Texas! He is, indeed, someone awesome to know!

We used to watch Gordon Garnes on Long Island in the late 1960's! We still think of him and late Jim Jensen who was the anchorman for WCBS, New York channel.

Yes! I remember him well growing up on Long Island, doing the weather segment on WCBS television, and AM radio "Newsradio 88" at 10:10 pm every night. They called him "Gordy" from Bermuda. It was past my bedtime, and I would listen to my little
    transistor radio on the pillow with the volume turned just low enough that no one else would hear and know that I was still awake. He piqued my interest in the weather as a child, an interest that I've maintained all my life.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From dougspero@gmail.com@21:1/5 to DAVID TURNER on Sun Feb 21 06:35:48 2016
    On Monday, October 20, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, DAVID TURNER wrote:
    Back in the 60s and 70s there was a meteorologist working out of NYC at WCBS-TV and on Newsradio 88, his name was Gordon Barnes.

After that, I believe he went to the Washington DC area. He was one of
    my favorite meteorologists and I was wondering if anyone knows of his whereabouts, as I am very curious as to what happened to him.

If you know where he is now working, if at all, please Email me or put a
    post in this ng.

Thank you

DAVE

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From dougspero@gmail.com@21:1/5 to DAVID TURNER on Sun Feb 21 06:43:59 2016
    Hello Dave and others. Gordon is very much alive, living in Fort Worth, Texas. He is having some health problems at this time and I am worried about him. He went to live in Fort Worth after leave the ABC affiliate in Florence/Myrtle Beach in the late 90'
    s. Before that he was in a Florida market working for news director Dave Gilbert at both of those stations. I now speak with him at least once a week. We are very close. Although I never worked with him in NY (I was at NBC in those days when he was at
    WCBS). I think he is one of the best ever. He created the wind-chill factor and predicted the Lindsay snow storm "on the button". His is now divorced. I will pass along all of these nice notes.
    Best wishes, Doug Spero (dougspero@hotmail.com)

Back in the 60s and 70s there was a meteorologist working out of NYC at WCBS-TV and on Newsradio 88, his name was Gordon Barnes.

my favorite meteorologists and I was wondering if anyone knows of his whereabouts, as I am very curious as to what happened to him.

post in this ng.

Thank you

DAVE

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From dougspero@gmail.com@21:1/5 to DAVID TURNER on Sun Feb 21 06:34:12 2016

post in this ng.

Thank you

DAVE

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From sunsetemeraldisle@gmail.com@21:1/5 to joh...@gmail.com on Tue Mar 14 16:02:51 2017
    On Sunday, December 4, 2016 at 7:37:33 PM UTC-5, joh...@gmail.com wrote:
    Found one of Gordon's national reports from CNN Daybreak in July of 1983: https://youtu.be/M9cMAD2bWYA?t=13m46s

Today, March 14, 2017, I thought of Gordon Barnes as the CNN Daybreak weatherman in the CNN Washington, D.C. on Wisconsin Ave., Washington, D.C. today. I am not sure why Gordon came to my mind. Except I can tell you - I was 23 years young in 1983 when
    Gordon was anchoring the weather at CNN. I made $8,000.00 a less as a tape supervisor at CNN. Gordon and I had a great friendship - full of early morning jokes, which included weather forecasts. In addition, there was a Greek Mom and Pop breakfast /
    lunch place near CNN in the alley. Dear Gordon made me a deal...I would get his egg/cheese sandwich and he would buy mine. Such a deal. I was delighted to call Mama and Pop to place the order and pick the sandwiches up for the two of us. A beloved treat
    and a very grateful treat that I will always thank Gordon for in the beginning of my career. He taught me to pass what you have "Forward." Gordon was a heartfelt man - who shared many of his traveling stories. Which led me to travel to 68 countries thus
    far in my life. Gordan if you are alive- I thank you...and give you a hug of life for egg/cheese sandwiches. If you have passed on - I thank you for your generously and the heartfelt lessons of "pass it forward!" This is what I am doing today, Gordon, at
    Elon University, Elon, North Carolina. If anyone knows if Gordon Barnes is alive - please tell Gordon, Linda Lashendock, (Stewart, Florida) said HI. I think of him often and the lovely lessons that he taught me during his time at CNN- Washington, D.C.
    On March 14, 2017, in Elon, NC the weather is 31 degrees and with winds up to 20 miles per hour. Smiles and egg/cheese sandwich, Linda Lashendock sunsetemeraldisle@gmail.com P.S. Thank you everyone for your comments on Gordon. I so appreciate your
    comments...and reading them. Linda

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From houstontwirler@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 30 07:30:58 2017
    Gordon was my flight instructor back in 2005, as well! A truly wonderful (and goofy!) person to know! I can't say "Albuquerque" without his commentary in my head! I could not have been blessed with a better instructor!! Last I heard he's completely
    retired from teaching and is living the leisure life in theFt Worth Area. =)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05