• Antarctica.

From Doc Martian@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 18 22:50:31 2021
    The answer is yes. At the same time. There was also another hit then.

I'm keeping this really simple right now. I'm personally a little shaken.

It lines up, the ice shelves should match the Gulf of Bothia.

My grandfather used to say, "It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."

I was mebbe too willing to accept that this hit 81.631553, 118.394462 was an earlier cleave of Eurasia, later built up by vulcanism. It should match the Taklamakan Desert hit as far as its impact time. That's probably the last of the big surprises for
    awhile.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Doc Martian@21:1/5 to Doc Martian on Tue Aug 24 05:28:27 2021
    On Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 10:50:32 PM UTC-7, Doc Martian wrote:

My grandfather used to say, "It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."

I was mebbe too willing to accept that this hit 81.631553, 118.394462 was an earlier cleave of Eurasia, later built up by vulcanism. It should match the Taklamakan Desert hit as far as its impact time. That's probably the last of the big surprises for
    awhile.

It rolled like a wheel. Then fell here… 34.043888, 100.939542. The parallel N/S line to the West? I'm thinking like a pressure fracture from the weight of Antarctica.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Doc Martian@21:1/5 to Doc Martian on Tue Aug 24 13:15:14 2021
    On Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 5:28:28 AM UTC-7, Doc Martian wrote:

I was mebbe too willing to accept that this hit 81.631553, 118.394462 was an earlier cleave of Eurasia, later built up by vulcanism. It should match the Taklamakan Desert hit as far as its impact time. That's probably the last of the big surprises
    for awhile.
    It rolled like a wheel. Then fell here… 34.043888, 100.939542. The parallel N/S line to the West? I'm thinking like a pressure fracture from the weight of Antarctica.

Antarctica rolled like a wheel. Then fell here… 34.043888, 100.939542. Also, in folk ritual, there's a 30 foot walking puppeted midsummer giant of Douay, with a baby. Madagascar, my thought. You can see where it landed, right here, -3.972462, 55.459773

Also in fire-rituals, a rolling firey cartwheel is a standard element.

Antarctica is right-reading, it didn't flip from its Eurasian origin. So when it tipped up, y-axis counterclockwise, then landed y-axis clockwise.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Doc Martian@21:1/5 to Doc Martian on Tue Aug 24 13:34:52 2021
    On Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 1:15:15 PM UTC-7, Doc Martian wrote:

I was mebbe too willing to accept that this hit 81.631553, 118.394462 was an earlier cleave of Eurasia, later built up by vulcanism. It should match the Taklamakan Desert hit as far as its impact time. That's probably the last of the big surprises
    for awhile.
    Antarctica rolled like a wheel. Then fell here… 34.043888, 100.939542. Also, in folk ritual, there's a 30 foot walking puppeted midsummer giant of Douay, with a baby. Madagascar, my thought. You can see where it landed, right here, -3.972462, 55.

Antarctica is right-reading, it didn't flip from its Eurasian origin. So when it tipped up, y-axis counterclockwise, then landed y-axis clockwise.

Frazer - The Golden Bough V.11, 3rd ed. Chap. 7 § 2

"These wicker giants of the Druids seem to have had till lately their representatives at the spring and midsummer festivals of modern Europe. At Douay, down to the early part of the nineteenth century, a procession took place annually on the Sunday
    nearest to the seventh of July. The great feature of the procession was a colossal figure, some twenty or thirty feet high, made of osiers, and called “the giant,” which was moved through the streets by means of rollers and ropes worked by men who
    were enclosed within the effigy. The wooden head of the giant is said to have been carved and painted by Rubens. The figure was armed as a knight with lance and sword, helmet and shield. Behind him marched his wife and his three children, all constructed
    of osiers on the same principle, but on a smaller scale.87 At [pg 034]Dunkirk the procession of the giants took place on Midsummer Day, the twenty-fourth of June. The festival, which was known as the Follies of Dunkirk, attracted such multitudes of
    spectators, that the inns and private houses could not lodge them all, and many had to sleep in cellars or in the streets. In 1755 an eye-witness estimated that the number of onlookers was not less than forty thousand, without counting the inhabitants of
    the town. The streets through which the procession took its way were lined with double ranks of soldiers, and the houses crammed with spectators from top to bottom. High mass was celebrated in the principal church and then the procession got under weigh.
    First came the guilds or brotherhoods, the members walking two and two with great waxen tapers, lighted, in their hands. They were followed by the friars and the secular priests, and then came the Abbot, magnificently attired, with the Host borne before
    him by a venerable old man. When these were past, the real “Follies of Dunkirk” began. They consisted of pageants of various sorts wheeled through the streets in cars. These appear to have varied somewhat from year to year; but if we may judge from
    the processions of 1755 and 1757, both of which have been described by eye-witnesses, a standing show was a car decked with foliage and branches to imitate a wood, and carrying a number of men dressed in leaves or in green scaly skins, who squirted water
    on the people from pewter syringes. An English spectator has compared these maskers to the Green Men of our own country on May Day. Last of all came the giant and giantess. The giant was a huge figure of wicker-work, occasionally as much as forty-five
    feet high, dressed in a long blue robe with gold stripes, which reached to his feet, concealing the dozen or more men who made it dance and bob its head to the spectators. This colossal effigy went by the name of Papa [pg 035]Reuss, and carried in its
    pocket a bouncing infant of Brobdingnagian proportions, who kept bawling “Papa! papa!” in a voice of thunder, only pausing from time to time to devour the victuals which were handed out to him from the windows. The rear was brought up by the daughter
    of the giant, constructed, like her sire, of wicker-work, and little, if at all, inferior to him in size. She wore a rose-coloured robe, with a gold watch as large as a warming pan at her side: her breast glittered with jewels: her complexion was high,
    and her eyes and head turned with as easy a grace as the men inside could contrive to impart to their motions. The procession came to an end with the revolution of 1789, and has never been revived. The giant himself indeed, who had won the affections of
    the townspeople, survived his ancient glory for a little while and made shift to appear in public a few times more at the Carnival and other festal occasions; but his days were numbered, and within fifty years even his memory had seemingly perished.88"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Doc Martian@21:1/5 to Doc Martian on Mon Sep 27 20:21:31 2021
    On Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 1:34:53 PM UTC-7, Doc Martian wrote:
    On Tuesday, August 24, 2021 at 1:15:15 PM UTC-7, Doc Martian wrote:

I was mebbe too willing to accept that this hit 81.631553, 118.394462 was an earlier cleave of Eurasia, later built up by vulcanism. It should match the Taklamakan Desert hit as far as its impact time. That's probably the last of the big
    surprises for awhile.
    Antarctica rolled like a wheel. Then fell here… 34.043888, 100.939542. Also, in folk ritual, there's a 30 foot walking puppeted midsummer giant of Douay, with a baby. Madagascar, my thought. You can see where it landed, right here, -3.972462, 55.

Frazer - The Golden Bough V.11, 3rd ed. Chap. 7 § 2

"These wicker giants of the Druids seem to have had till lately their representatives at the spring and midsummer festivals of modern Europe. At Douay, down to the early part of the nineteenth century, a procession took place annually on the Sunday
    nearest to the seventh of July. The great feature of the procession was a colossal figure, some twenty or thirty feet high, made of osiers, and called “the giant,” which was moved through the streets by means of rollers and ropes worked by men who
    were enclosed within the effigy. The wooden head of the giant is said to have been carved and painted by Rubens. The figure was armed as a knight with lance and sword, helmet and shield. Behind him marched his wife and his three children, all constructed
    of osiers on the same principle, but on a smaller scale.87 At [pg 034]Dunkirk the procession of the giants took place on Midsummer Day, the twenty-fourth of June. The festival, which was known as the Follies of Dunkirk, attracted such multitudes of
    spectators, that the inns and private houses could not lodge them all, and many had to sleep in cellars or in the streets. In 1755 an eye-witness estimated that the number of onlookers was not less than forty thousand, without counting the inhabitants of
    the town. The streets through which the procession took its way were lined with double ranks of soldiers, and the houses crammed with spectators from top to bottom. High mass was celebrated in the principal church and then the procession got under weigh.
    First came the guilds or brotherhoods, the members walking two and two with great waxen tapers, lighted, in their hands. They were followed by the friars and the secular priests, and then came the Abbot, magnificently attired, with the Host borne before
    him by a venerable old man. When these were past, the real “Follies of Dunkirk” began. They consisted of pageants of various sorts wheeled through the streets in cars. These appear to have varied somewhat from year to year; but if we may judge from
    the processions of 1755 and 1757, both of which have been described by eye-witnesses, a standing show was a car decked with foliage and branches to imitate a wood, and carrying a number of men dressed in leaves or in green scaly skins, who squirted water
    on the people from pewter syringes. An English spectator has compared these maskers to the Green Men of our own country on May Day. Last of all came the giant and giantess. The giant was a huge figure of wicker-work, occasionally as much as forty-five
    feet high, dressed in a long blue robe with gold stripes, which reached to his feet, concealing the dozen or more men who made it dance and bob its head to the spectators. This colossal effigy went by the name of Papa [pg 035]Reuss, and carried in its
    pocket a bouncing infant of Brobdingnagian proportions, who kept bawling “Papa! papa!” in a voice of thunder, only pausing from time to time to devour the victuals which were handed out to him from the windows. The rear was brought up by the daughter
    of the giant, constructed, like her sire, of wicker-work, and little, if at all, inferior to him in size. She wore a rose-coloured robe, with a gold watch as large as a warming pan at her side: her breast glittered with jewels: her complexion was high,
    and her eyes and head turned with as easy a grace as the men inside could contrive to impart to their motions. The procession came to an end with the revolution of 1789, and has never been revived. The giant himself indeed, who had won the affections of
    the townspeople, survived his ancient glory for a little while and made shift to appear in public a few times more at the Carnival and other festal occasions; but his days were numbered, and within fifty years even his memory had seemingly perished.88"

One more way (besides continental core drilling) to determine the original placement of Antarctica, is that when Antarctica hit the sea floor and left an impression, there is very likely to be magmic elements beneath the sand there, from where the
    continent landed after it rolled from Asia. Those magmic (and other) elements are likely to be very similar (with some metamorphic activity) to the similarly buried surface from which it was cleaved. I'll call a few spots later, but right now, I'd
    estimate that most of you that should be reading this are headed towards the existing core samples. #ucberkeley #cambridge #oxford #yale #beijinguniversity

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05