- Newspapers are (again) full of stories about "anomalous" happenings
in Antarctica. Some place was record cold.
- The data from the 1950 shows annual min temps in Antarctica are
- But at the same time annual average min temps are increasing rapidly.
- Journalists and hillbillies yet again have been tricked by how
- Not only is the Antarctic a continent at extreme latitudes, it is a
continent of high elevations. Extremes are amplified in all kinds of
ways and we should all be not surprised that outliers can be more
outlier-y as time goes by.
But even so average temps go right on rising in line with the rest
of the world, modulo polar amplification -- the tendency for polar
regions to warm about 2x faster than the global average
because AGW don't quit in winter or nighttime like the sun does.
|Location:||Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK|
|Nodes:||16 (2 / 14)|