• Speed reducer / transmission for vehicle motor

From zwgearbox@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 9 02:03:35 2015
    在 2006年5月9日星期二 UTC+8下午2:56:20,Paul E. Schoen写道:
    I am working on a project that will use electric motors for vehicle propulsion and energy regeneration. I had hoped to use a direct drive
    motor, but it would need to be quite large to provide adequate starting and low speed torque. It looks like a two speed transmission with ratios of 4:1 and 1:1 would be a good solution.

I will probably be using a roller chain and sprocket set so I can mount the motor(s) on the frame. One possibility would be two sets of sprockets and two chains, with some way to couple only one at a time to the drive wheel. I'm thinking about magnetic clutches or a mechanically positioned sliding disk on a splined axle with pins to engage holes in either sprocket.

Another idea would be a planetary gear system that would have a 4:1 ratio from the outer ring gear to the sun gear, with the planetary gears held stationary, and then free the planetary gears but lock up the entire assembly together to get a 1:1 ratio.

I would be grateful for any insight any of you may have for a good way to accomplish this. I am an electronics engineer with some mechanical experience, but not enough to make a good choice for this design. The assembly would need to handle about 20 HP at up to 3600 RPM.

There has been some discussion in a hybrid/EV group about efficiency of mechanical speed reducers and transmissions. One member claimed it would have only about 70% efficiency. My initial research and common sense indicate it should be at least 90-95% efficient, and I would think it
    should be nearly 100% efficient in 1:1 ratio (with only bearing friction
    and maybe some windage).

I would like to be able to obtain a suitable transmission for something
    like $200 each in moderate quantity. Any suggestions on sources for this?

Thanks,

Paul E. Schoen
    www.pstech-inc.com

China Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co. Ltd engages in designing, manufacturing and marketing all kinds of electric motors. They are mainly suitable for the following applications: smart home application used in smart kitchen and laundry,
    medical instrument for personal care, smart E-transmission applied in automobile, industry automation applied in telecommunication and a great variety of plastic/metal planetary gearbox in different sizes.
    In order to develop the oversea market, we are current seeking new partners around the world to create a bright future together. ZhaoWei is a right choice and excellent partnership with sincere services.

Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd
    URL: http://www.zwgearbox.com/
    Tel:+86-755-27322652
    Fax:+86-755-27323949
    E-mail:sales@zwgearbox.com
    Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Bao’an Dist., Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)