• A basic set up to weld aluminum with a airco 300 square wave

From Mikec@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 21 22:18:02 2021
    I cannot find a manual for this,I have with much time and flipping this switch that nob finally got it stick welding.great but my issue is ,I was a pipe welder for years useing GTAW and stick every day usually with 70 series rod
    and filler wire for Tig bit never in my life ran into a older machine like
    this old girl,got it to do aluminum looking for a simple setup starting point to just get started a basic starting point there is so many nobs and switches it would be greatly appreciated if someone out there could give me a starting point with that perticular machine what my settings would ruffly be for 3/32 tungsten and filler wire for.3/16 aluminum plate Thanks a bunch to anyone who can help me out here

--
    for full context, visit https://www.polytechforum.com/welding/a-basic-set-up-to-weld-aluminum-with-a-airco-300-square-wave-54687-.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From randy333@aol.com@21:1/5 to 0f8503901d844703eea1acecb7a4938a_27 on Mon Aug 23 15:32:34 2021
    Controls look similar to a Miller Syncrowave. Get a manual for that
    machine. Look for an older Syncrowave 350.

contactor = remote for a foot pedal or finger tip switch.

Weld current = local, or remote if using a foot pedal or finger tip
    control.

crater fill = OFF

spot time = OFF

start current = OFF

preflow = set to 1

post flow = set to 5 - 10 or to keep tungsten clean.

ac balance = full CW for max penetration ( clean your work piece
    first) or start at 50/50

pulsar = off, ignore the rest of those controls.

high freq = ON Continuous ( always continuous for AC TIG )

Big switch set to AC

range = high

amps = 150

That should get you started.

On Sat, 21 Aug 2021 22:18:02 +0000, Mikec <0f8503901d844703eea1acecb7a4938a_2779@example.com> wrote:

I cannot find a manual for this,I have with much time and flipping this switch >that nob finally got it stick welding.great but my issue is ,I was a pipe >welder for years useing GTAW and stick every day usually with 70 series rod >and filler wire for Tig bit never in my life ran into a older machine like >this old girl,got it to do aluminum looking for a simple setup starting point >to just get started a basic starting point there is so many nobs and switches >it would be greatly appreciated if someone out there could give me a starting >point with that perticular machine what my settings would ruffly be for 3/32 >tungsten and filler wire for.3/16 aluminum plate Thanks a bunch to anyone who >can help me out here

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)