• Genetic algorithms can often make things 30 to 2 to 3 times better; (3/

From Treon Verdery@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 12 09:14:45 2022
    [continued from previous message]

a brain-computer link that has, additively, the production of greater longevity at the human linked to the computer: Putting a pacemaker on the pineal, or also putting an output modifier on the pineal, could be a straightforward way to produce more
    optimal amounts of melatononin, at certain times, than the body naturally produces; this is also true of other pineal/thymic chemicals like epithalon and thymosin. Now of course the person could just take the oral pills, but a neural interface that cause
    greater longevity and wellness immediately would have a negative risk profile, installing it would actually benefit people. Similarly, antidepressants reduce risk of heart attack (or perhaps it was heart attack survival) either 20 or 43%, so noting there
    is an melatononin chemical-similar antidepressant, a pineal pacemaker could also be an antidepressant. Use of a neural implant could make living extra pleasuable enough and interesting enough to function like an antidepressant at decreasing risks of
    heart disease. Neural implants strongly support people living in simulations.

sometimes thinking about things with higher computational power per milligram than 1 nM process semiconductors running a turing machine I think of the brain, now, groovily, I found out there is something 1 million times more computationally rich than the
    human brain on a per mg basis, the amoeba, at quora a person writes, “brain that works in such a way that you need maybe thousands, even a million neurons to outthingk a single amoeba - whatever the amoeba uses for its intelligence” So there is
    something the size of 1 cyte that does a million neurons amount of computational equivalence. Basing new computers on unicellular organisms, at its crudest, can simply have a swapping out parts and flow cytometry screen a library multitrillion amoeba
    aspect (10 million yeast/second, 86 billion/24 hours, 14 days to screen a trillion amoebas, or 24 hours if you have 14 flow cytometers.
    I bring this up because, crudely, using amoebas to do computation has technology improvements. Very simple ones, like does an osmotically squinched amoeba contain just 1/3 as much water, but maintains full vitality and computational ability with
    literally 1/3 as many atoms, thus takes up 1/3 as much space; obvious things like engineering/breeding/other the amoeba to do the most computing with the fewest atoms; engineering/breeding/other the amoeba to to be an extremeophile, capable of living on
    a deliquescent coating (or perfluorocarbon) on a computer chip but doing living computtions anywhere between subfreezing to 111C. That could provide compatibility with cool-process logic (optical computing, quantum computers) ranging to 2020AD IC surface
    temps. Again, that amoebas have about a million times the computational density of neurons suggests value.

Antibodies to stem cell differentiation factors as longevity drugs, glom the circulating “make foam cells”(foam cells are part of atherosclerosis) , or block the stem cell differentiation factors that make any [hyperplasia] thing then there is less
    of it and the stem cells make some other thing.

I apologize to Ben Shairer of Seattle for writing a cuss word in his 7th grade yearbook when I was in 8th grade.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)