• Peter Ponders PID YouTube Channel

From pnachtwey@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 22 12:21:48 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/user/pnachtwey

The name sounds basic but I am actually targeting control professionals and those with math skills to understand the math behind the control theory.

This channel is NOT YET ANOTHER this gain does this and that gain does that channel. This channel is not meant for the "tweak gains and drink coffee" people either. I want to provide insight that many control books don't provide because my approach is
    based on symbolic math instead of arrays of numbers.

If you don't understand Laplace transforms and differential equations don't bother. My analytics tell me that most people bail out probably because they don't understand the math. Those that stay and understand give thumbs up.

My main emphasis is on:
    1. System Identification. Text books seem to think the plant transfer function is know when in reality I have NEVER seen a system supplied with a transfer function. All the stuff the text books cover is useless until you have the plant transfer
    function.
    2. Pole placement. Tuning should be done "backwards". Instead of tweaking gains an looking at the results one should pick the desired response, where the poles should be to achieve that response and calculate the controller gains to place the closed
    loop poles at the desired location.
    3. Model based/observer based control. The main purpose is to estimate the first, second and even third derivative of the process variable if needed.

I am a little irreverent towards instructors that teach control theory the same old way they have been taught. Much of what they teach may be right but useless in real world applications.

Peter Nachtwey
    President
    Delta Computer Systems, Inc.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From bouwens.mehl@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 25 12:58:53 2018
    hi peter,
    yes, i have followed a few of your videos.
    thanks for sharing!

on plctalk you mention: I also implented a faster way to compute the LQR gains the link to the paper isn't valid anymore.
    but i would like to read this paper :-)

can you publish it using dropbox or a similar source.

best
    robert

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)