• Skybuck's Super PC 2023, Questions about FAN cables... confusing... not

From Skybuck Flying@21:1/5 to All on Sat Oct 7 12:02:48 2023
    The MSI MEG Prospect 700R only has room to connect to additional FANs.

However I want three fans at the top... It's possible to daisy chain the cooler master sickleflow fans 140 mm ARGB cables... However the fan power cables cannot be daisy chained ?! That's kinda weird...

Anyway I could daisy chain two of them, but then what to do with the front top power fan cable ? stick it in motherboard ? Will this effect the lightning patterns ?

On a more serious note/question: There are also some undocumented cables running at the back of the PC Case, I believe these might be ARGB power cable and FAN power cable, perhaps the power cables for the FAN controller at the top.

The sata power cable is also kinda weird... not seen that before... as well as the big usb 3.x cable... but I think I can manage those.

There is also a strange sensor cable I think... what to do with that ?! Just leave it in the back ? I can remember seeing something about but not sure how to use it or where to place it.

Here is out of band video I made to show you and ask questions about it, I'll probably also post this on MSI forum, they kinda did a sloppy job documenting this :( maybe they can help out, though there is also a techgaming video in dutch about this case,
    where you can seem them build it with two people, in high speed, maybe if I watch it in slow motion I might actually see what they are doing with the cables.

This system is a bit more complex than I thought but I am not yet too worried :) Though a little bit, there is room to make mistakes maybe... ! ;) I don't want to make mistakes and short circuit anything...

https://youtu.be/ApDvLACD5AI

Give me your best advise pls ! ;)

Bye for now,
    Skybuck =D

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Skybuck Flying@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 8 11:39:56 2023
    I think I figured it out.

I made at least two new videos about it to inspect it more thorougly and try to understand it at a more deeper level, this also required unpacking the cable mess/straps somewhere to inspect the cables better and to understand where what goes ! ;)

Soon the following two youtube videos will be available to shine some light on this:
    Skybuck's Super PC, Part 51, Inspecting fan controller board and inspecting cable straps
    Skybuck's Super PC, Part 52, Understanding the fan controller board,

In short one must pay close attention to the online/full digital manual.

It explains the controller board and if you look carefully you can see how the cables are routed and one splits and such...

My questions have been self-answered mostly... the fan cables are documented... it was just hard to see/recgonize them between all that cable mess ! ;)
    The two hardest to understand:
    One fan power cable to motherboard sys fan header.
    One arbg cables to motherboard argb header
    Your question about the bigger USB header/plug on the fan controller has also been answered, it's also it the manual, it solely routes with two cables to the display panel.

The display panel indeed requires SATA power cable/connector to give it power. There is also a usb cable I believe to control it further via software I think.

And the special tiny little symetrical connector has also been explained. It's to connect female to female, so there are multiple ways to daisy chain the ARGB cables of the fans. Not all of them might be safe though, some might route back and thus it's a
    bit strange design, but it gives flexibility.

I wonder what happens if both male and female are connected/routed back ?! Would this cause a feedback and/or a short circuit ?! I worry about this a little bit for in the future, when I might have forgotten about this and might have to disconnect/
    reconnect for cleaning or so ! ;)

There is also indeed a temperature sensor cable connected to this fan controller board.

Bye for now,
    Skybuck.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)