• Re: Stupid labeling

    From rbowman@21:1/5 to Don Y on Mon Aug 15 16:12:37 2022
    On 08/15/2022 04:06 PM, Don Y wrote:
    Chicken breasts at costco:

    "99% fat free PER SERVING" (emphasis mine)

    Is there some other unit that's NOT "99% fat free"?

    https://www.target.com/p/pam-100-natural-fat-free-original-canola-oil-spray-8oz/-/A-13145693

    Puzzle me this: how is a can of canola oil fat free?

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Don Y@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 15 15:06:35 2022
    Chicken breasts at costco:

    "99% fat free PER SERVING" (emphasis mine)

    Is there some other unit that's NOT "99% fat free"?

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com@21:1/5 to blockedofcourse@foo.invalid on Mon Aug 15 19:11:21 2022
    On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 15:06:35 -0700, Don Y
    <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:

    Chicken breasts at costco:

    "99% fat free PER SERVING" (emphasis mine)

    Is there some other unit that's NOT "99% fat free"?

    I see lots of products that say

    IMPROVED FORMULA!

    Bonus Pack! 23% MORE!

    All Natural! No PRMBs!

    but it doesn't say what it IS.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Don Y@21:1/5 to rbowman on Mon Aug 15 20:14:08 2022
    On 8/15/2022 3:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
    On 08/15/2022 04:06 PM, Don Y wrote:
    Chicken breasts at costco:

    "99% fat free PER SERVING" (emphasis mine)

    Is there some other unit that's NOT "99% fat free"?

    https://www.target.com/p/pam-100-natural-fat-free-original-canola-oil-spray-8oz/-/A-13145693


    Puzzle me this: how is a can of canola oil fat free?

    Puzzle me THIS: How long do you have to hold the nozzle of the
    aerosol depressed to meter out "one serving"? What if you overshoot;
    is there a mechanism to suck it back into the can??

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From rbowman@21:1/5 to Don Y on Mon Aug 15 21:36:00 2022
    On 08/15/2022 09:14 PM, Don Y wrote:
    On 8/15/2022 3:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
    On 08/15/2022 04:06 PM, Don Y wrote:
    Chicken breasts at costco:

    "99% fat free PER SERVING" (emphasis mine)

    Is there some other unit that's NOT "99% fat free"?

    https://www.target.com/p/pam-100-natural-fat-free-original-canola-oil-spray-8oz/-/A-13145693


    Puzzle me this: how is a can of canola oil fat free?

    Puzzle me THIS: How long do you have to hold the nozzle of the
    aerosol depressed to meter out "one serving"? What if you overshoot;
    is there a mechanism to suck it back into the can??


    Approximately 17 milliseconds. I have a mister but I don't delude
    myself; olive oil in, olive oil out.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Don Y@21:1/5 to rbowman on Mon Aug 15 22:28:14 2022
    On 8/15/2022 8:36 PM, rbowman wrote:
    On 08/15/2022 09:14 PM, Don Y wrote:
    On 8/15/2022 3:12 PM, rbowman wrote:
    On 08/15/2022 04:06 PM, Don Y wrote:
    Chicken breasts at costco:

    "99% fat free PER SERVING" (emphasis mine)

    Is there some other unit that's NOT "99% fat free"?

    https://www.target.com/p/pam-100-natural-fat-free-original-canola-oil-spray-8oz/-/A-13145693



    Puzzle me this: how is a can of canola oil fat free?

    Puzzle me THIS: How long do you have to hold the nozzle of the
    aerosol depressed to meter out "one serving"? What if you overshoot;
    is there a mechanism to suck it back into the can??

    Approximately 17 milliseconds. I have a mister but I don't delude myself; olive
    oil in, olive oil out.

    We just pour from the bottle. We use a fair bit, here -- at least a qt per week.

    Olive oil and butter.

    Finestkind.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadenc@21:1/5 to rbowman on Tue Aug 16 19:37:28 2022
    rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote in
    news:jlvumpF4sl4U1@mid.individual.net:

    On 08/15/2022 04:06 PM, Don Y wrote:
    Chicken breasts at costco:

    "99% fat free PER SERVING" (emphasis mine)

    Is there some other unit that's NOT "99% fat free"?

    https://www.target.com/p/pam-100-natural-fat-free-original-canola-o il-spray-8oz/-/A-13145693

    Puzzle me this: how is a can of canola oil fat free?


    Becasue it is an MCT instead of a LCT like Coconut oil.

    Very 'fatty'. This site is for coconut oil but has a data sheet of
    nearly ever oil we use in our foodstuffs:

    <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_oil>

    1 tbsp of cocnut oil is supposed to contain 14 grams of fat.

    Anybody tell me how coconut oil took on the holey moley mass of
    solder paste?

    How do you fit 14 grams into 1 tbsp? That is more than the entire
    volume for water and I know that coconut oil does not weigh that much
    more than water.

    So anyway, Canola is one of the loswest on fat content.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadenc@21:1/5 to jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com on Tue Aug 16 19:41:45 2022
    jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news:0vulfhpgi1d8khu95s56ik0blrd3oevnbi@4ax.com:

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 15:06:35 -0700, Don Y
    <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:

    Chicken breasts at costco:

    "99% fat free PER SERVING" (emphasis mine)

    Is there some other unit that's NOT "99% fat free"?

    I see lots of products that say

    IMPROVED FORMULA!

    Bonus Pack! 23% MORE!

    All Natural! No PRMBs!

    but it doesn't say what it IS.


    You should watch the 1969 film "The Magic Christian"

    "Getting it Ready for You NOW" "F R E E M O N E Y"

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Clive Arthur@21:1/5 to DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadenc on Tue Aug 16 21:08:31 2022
    On 16/08/2022 20:37, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadence.org wrote:
    <snip>

    How do you fit 14 grams into 1 tbsp? That is more than the entire
    volume for water and I know that coconut oil does not weigh that much
    more than water.

    1 tbsp = 1 tablespoon = 15ml.

    --
    Cheers
    Clive

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Clive Arthur@21:1/5 to jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com on Tue Aug 16 21:11:12 2022
    On 16/08/2022 03:11, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
    On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 15:06:35 -0700, Don Y
    <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:

    Chicken breasts at costco:

    "99% fat free PER SERVING" (emphasis mine)

    Is there some other unit that's NOT "99% fat free"?

    I see lots of products that say

    IMPROVED FORMULA!

    Bonus Pack! 23% MORE!

    All Natural! No PRMBs!

    but it doesn't say what it IS.


    I get suspicious about things like 'No Artificial Colourings".

    OK, so the colouring isn't artificial. But the rest of is is probably
    minced kittens and Plutonium.

    --
    Cheers
    Clive

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Larkin@21:1/5 to clive@nowaytoday.co.uk on Tue Aug 16 15:32:04 2022
    On Tue, 16 Aug 2022 21:11:12 +0100, Clive Arthur
    <clive@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:

    On 16/08/2022 03:11, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
    On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 15:06:35 -0700, Don Y
    <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:

    Chicken breasts at costco:

    "99% fat free PER SERVING" (emphasis mine)

    Is there some other unit that's NOT "99% fat free"?

    I see lots of products that say

    IMPROVED FORMULA!

    Bonus Pack! 23% MORE!

    All Natural! No PRMBs!

    but it doesn't say what it IS.


    I get suspicious about things like 'No Artificial Colourings".

    OK, so the colouring isn't artificial. But the rest of is is probably
    minced kittens and Plutonium.

    I like Fritos. Ingredients are corn, corn oil, and salt.

    So do the squirrels and birds in our back yard. Extensive comparison
    testing shows Fritos as the clear favorite.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)