• OT: United States Supreme Court v. The Deep State

    From John Doe@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 3 15:29:42 2022
    The recent leak of a Supreme Court preliminary decision has potential for fireworks (or maybe a dud of great consequence).

    It's the Deep State overtly opposing one branch of our government. In
    congress and in the executive branch, it's not so obvious, as described
    over 200 years ago in a London Times article on Nov 11, 1815...

    "it is in this bureaucracy, Gentlemen, that you will find the invisible
    and mischievous power which thwarts the most noble views, and prevents or weakens the effect of all the salutary reforms which France is incessantly calling for" (quoted on Merriam-Webster's site). According to a USENET
    poster, that passage originated from an item headed "Courts of Justice in France", on page 2 of the Times for Saturday November 11, 1815, a report
    of a speech by Jean Guillaume Hyde de Neuville [good thing they weren't
    using multiple last names back then].

    But the Supreme Court leak was an overt direct attack, the most obvious, concentrated Deep State operation in our history.

    Will it be prosecuted and punished? But even if it is, that won't
    necessarily be the end of it. The cannibal left is insatiable.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Doe@21:1/5 to John Doe on Fri Jun 3 15:41:14 2022
    XPost: free.spam

    Off topic troll.

    --
    John Doe <always.look@message.header> wrote:

    Path: not-for-mail
    From: John Doe <always.look@message.header>
    Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
    Subject: OT: United States Supreme Court v. The Deep State
    Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 15:29:42 -0000 (UTC)
    Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
    Lines: 21
    Message-ID: <t7d9d6$s0$1@dont-email.me>
    Injection-Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 15:29:42 -0000 (UTC)
    Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="75dc12d498acd91626b0e0e995a2de56";
    logging-data="896"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+Ozz36Ib1Q9vt6VVmfGFkEWwqOGQlYTZY="
    User-Agent: Xnews/2006.08.05
    Cancel-Lock: sha1:el+LPr57BvseZhWAnVJQxAEAm38=
    X-Received-Bytes: 1957

    The recent leak of a Supreme Court preliminary decision has potential for fireworks (or maybe a dud of great consequence).

    It's the Deep State overtly opposing one branch of our government. In congress and in the executive branch, it's not so obvious, as described
    over 200 years ago in a London Times article on Nov 11, 1815...

    "it is in this bureaucracy, Gentlemen, that you will find the invisible
    and mischievous power which thwarts the most noble views, and prevents or weakens the effect of all the salutary reforms which France is incessantly calling for" (quoted on Merriam-Webster's site). According to a USENET poster, that passage originated from an item headed "Courts of Justice in France", on page 2 of the Times for Saturday November 11, 1815, a report
    of a speech by Jean Guillaume Hyde de Neuville [good thing they weren't
    using multiple last names back then].

    But the Supreme Court leak was an overt direct attack, the most obvious, concentrated Deep State operation in our history.

    Will it be prosecuted and punished? But even if it is, that won't
    necessarily be the end of it. The cannibal left is insatiable.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Edward Hernandez@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 3 15:45:54 2022
    XPost: free.spam

    In message-id <t6nt3e$7bp$3@dont-email.me> (http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=165357273000) posted Thu, 26 May 2022
    12:50:54 -0000 (UTC) John Doe stated:

    Always Wrong, the utterly foulmouthed group idiot, adding absolutely
    NOTHING but insults to this thread, as usual...

    Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe's post ratio to
    USENET (**) has been 59.2% of its posts contributing "nothing except
    insults" to USENET.

    ** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe has posted at
    least 1533 articles to USENET. Of which 165 have been pure insults and
    742 have been John Doe "troll format" postings.

    The John Dope troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$4@dont-email.me>:

    The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

    And the John Dope troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$1@dont-email.me>:

    The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
    breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
    CLUELESS...

    And yet, the clueless John Dope troll has itself posted yet another
    incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Fri, 03 Jun 2022 15:41:14 GMT in message-id <uYpmK.22576$h01.14017@usenetxs.com>.

    This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups
    readers who happen by to point out that Troll Doe does not even follow
    the rules it uses to troll other posters.

    pJBgz4gCg35y

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Doe@21:1/5 to John Doe on Fri Jun 3 16:04:20 2022
    XPost: free.spam

    This porn-sucking retard is a nym-shifting stalker troll now.

    Eddie has never posted anything NORMAL except when it got a spanking...

    https://groups.google.com/g/sci.electronics.repair/c/MesPLcGU4BE

    See also...
    John Doe <always.look_message.header> (Astraweb, Aioe.org)
    Peter Weiner <dtgamer99_gmail.com>
    Edward H. <dtgamer99_gmail.com>
    Edward Hernandez <dtgamer99_gmail.com>

    Eddie is an example for all newbies. Don't get spanked!

    Spanked Eddie...

    --
    John Doe <always.look@message.header> wrote:

    Path: eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!news.uzoreto.com!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer01.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx04.ams4.
    POSTED!not-for-mail
    From: John Doe <always.look@message.header>
    Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,free.spam
    Subject: OT: United States Supreme Court v. The Deep State
    Followup-To: alt.test.group
    References: <t7d9d6$s0$1@dont-email.me>
    User-Agent: Xnews/2006.08.05
    Lines: 42
    Message-ID: <uYpmK.22576$h01.14017@usenetxs.com>
    X-Complaints-To: https://www.astraweb.com/aup
    NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 15:41:14 UTC
    Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 15:41:14 GMT
    X-Received-Bytes: 2600
    Xref: reader02.eternal-september.org sci.electronics.design:670453 free.spam:18490

    Off topic troll.

    --
    John Doe <always.look@message.header> wrote:

    Path: not-for-mail
    From: John Doe <always.look@message.header>
    Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
    Subject: OT: United States Supreme Court v. The Deep State
    Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 15:29:42 -0000 (UTC)
    Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
    Lines: 21
    Message-ID: <t7d9d6$s0$1@dont-email.me>
    Injection-Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 15:29:42 -0000 (UTC)
    Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="75dc12d498acd91626b0e0e995a2de56";
    logging-data="896"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+Ozz36Ib1Q9vt6VVmfGFkEWwqOGQlYTZY="
    User-Agent: Xnews/2006.08.05
    Cancel-Lock: sha1:el+LPr57BvseZhWAnVJQxAEAm38=
    X-Received-Bytes: 1957

    The recent leak of a Supreme Court preliminary decision has potential for
    fireworks (or maybe a dud of great consequence).

    It's the Deep State overtly opposing one branch of our government. In
    congress and in the executive branch, it's not so obvious, as described
    over 200 years ago in a London Times article on Nov 11, 1815...

    "it is in this bureaucracy, Gentlemen, that you will find the invisible
    and mischievous power which thwarts the most noble views, and prevents or
    weakens the effect of all the salutary reforms which France is incessantly >> calling for" (quoted on Merriam-Webster's site). According to a USENET
    poster, that passage originated from an item headed "Courts of Justice in
    France", on page 2 of the Times for Saturday November 11, 1815, a report
    of a speech by Jean Guillaume Hyde de Neuville [good thing they weren't
    using multiple last names back then].

    But the Supreme Court leak was an overt direct attack, the most obvious,
    concentrated Deep State operation in our history.

    Will it be prosecuted and punished? But even if it is, that won't
    necessarily be the end of it. The cannibal left is insatiable.



    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Doe@21:1/5 to Edward Hernandez on Fri Jun 3 16:05:37 2022
    XPost: free.spam

    This porn-sucking retard is a nym-shifting stalker troll now.

    Eddie has never posted anything NORMAL except when it got a spanking...

    https://groups.google.com/g/sci.electronics.repair/c/MesPLcGU4BE

    See also...
    John Doe <always.look_message.header> (Astraweb, Aioe.org)
    Peter Weiner <dtgamer99_gmail.com>
    Edward H. <dtgamer99_gmail.com>
    Edward Hernandez <dtgamer99_gmail.com>

    Eddie is an example for all newbies. Don't get spanked!

    Spanked Eddie...

    --
    Edward Hernandez <dtgamer99@gmail.com> wrote:

    Path: eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr2.eu1.usenetexpress.com!news.uzoreto.com!npeer.as286.net!npeer-ng0.as286.net!peer01.
    ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer02.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx08.ams4.POSTED!not-for-mail
    From: Edward Hernandez <dtgamer99@gmail.com>
    Subject: OT: United States Supreme Court v. The Deep State
    Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,free.spam
    References: <t7d9d6$s0$1@dont-email.me> <uYpmK.22576$h01.14017@usenetxs.com> Lines: 37
    Message-ID: <S0qmK.22950$L_.9786@usenetxs.com>
    X-Complaints-To: https://www.astraweb.com/aup
    NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 15:45:54 UTC
    Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 15:45:54 GMT
    X-Received-Bytes: 2002
    Xref: reader02.eternal-september.org sci.electronics.design:670454 free.spam:18491

    In message-id <t6nt3e$7bp$3@dont-email.me> (http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=165357273000) posted Thu, 26 May 2022 12:50:54 -0000 (UTC) John Doe stated:

    Always Wrong, the utterly foulmouthed group idiot, adding absolutely
    NOTHING but insults to this thread, as usual...

    Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe's post ratio to USENET (**) has been 59.2% of its posts contributing "nothing except
    insults" to USENET.

    ** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe has posted at
    least 1533 articles to USENET. Of which 165 have been pure insults and
    742 have been John Doe "troll format" postings.

    The John Dope troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$4@dont-email.me>:

    The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

    And the John Dope troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$1@dont-email.me>:

    The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
    breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
    CLUELESS...

    And yet, the clueless John Dope troll has itself posted yet another incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Fri, 03 Jun 2022 15:41:14 GMT in message-id <uYpmK.22576$h01.14017@usenetxs.com>.

    This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups
    readers who happen by to point out that Troll Doe does not even follow
    the rules it uses to troll other posters.

    pJBgz4gCg35y



    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Edward Hernandez@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 3 16:24:34 2022
    XPost: free.spam

    In message-id <t6nt3e$7bp$3@dont-email.me> (http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=165357273000) posted Thu, 26 May 2022
    12:50:54 -0000 (UTC) John Doe stated:

    Always Wrong, the utterly foulmouthed group idiot, adding absolutely
    NOTHING but insults to this thread, as usual...

    Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe's post ratio to
    USENET (**) has been 59.2% of its posts contributing "nothing except
    insults" to USENET.

    ** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Doe has posted at
    least 1535 articles to USENET. Of which 165 have been pure insults and
    744 have been John Doe "troll format" postings.

    The Troll Doe stated the following in message-id
    <sdhn7c$pkp$4@dont-email.me>:

    The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

    And the Troll Doe stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$1@dont-email.me>:

    The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
    breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
    CLUELESS...

    And yet, the clueless Troll Doe has continued to post incorrectly
    formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on
    Fri, 3 Jun 2022 16:04:20 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <t7dbe4$h3b$1@dont-email.me>).

    NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam.

    This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups
    readers who happen by to point out that John Dope does not even follow
    the rules it uses to troll other posters.

    uuGtS0xanQAr

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Doe@21:1/5 to John Doe on Fri Jun 3 16:34:13 2022
    XPost: free.spam

    The path in Eddie's forgery below perfectly matches, with the likely inconsequential exception "peer01/peer03", one of its other posts...

    Message-ID: <xP58J.968292$E24.273493@usenetxs.com>

    --
    John Doe <always.look@message.header> wrote:

    Path: eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!news.uzoreto.com!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer01.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx04.ams4.
    POSTED!not-for-mail
    From: John Doe <always.look@message.header>
    Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design,free.spam
    Subject: OT: United States Supreme Court v. The Deep State
    Followup-To: alt.test.group
    References: <t7d9d6$s0$1@dont-email.me>
    User-Agent: Xnews/2006.08.05
    Lines: 42
    Message-ID: <uYpmK.22576$h01.14017@usenetxs.com>
    X-Complaints-To: https://www.astraweb.com/aup
    NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 15:41:14 UTC
    Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 15:41:14 GMT
    X-Received-Bytes: 2600
    Xref: reader02.eternal-september.org sci.electronics.design:670453 free.spam:18490

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Fred Bloggs@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 3 09:38:37 2022
    On Friday, June 3, 2022 at 11:29:49 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
    <snip>

    Yet another uneducated ignoramus speaks- that's two in one day.

    English law, of which the U.S. system is an evolution, was founded on the principle of adversarial contest, opposition in all its varied forms is how the system is supposed to work.

    The leaked paper was not a future SC decision. It was a draft by Alito which he may have intended to be included in the formal decision whether things went his way or not. They can do that. It's called dissent.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Edward Hernandez@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 3 16:43:09 2022
    XPost: free.spam

    Further, Troll Doe stated the following in message-id <svsh05$lbh$5@dont-email.me>
    (http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=164904625100) posted Fri, 4 Mar 2022
    08:01:09 -0000 (UTC):

    Compared to other regulars, Bozo contributes practically nothing
    except insults to this group.

    Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe's post ratio
    to USENET (**) has been 59.3% of its posts contributing "nothing except insults" to USENET.

    ** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) Troll Doe has posted at
    least 1537 articles to USENET. Of which 165 have been pure insults and
    746 have been Troll Doe "troll format" postings.

    The Troll Doe stated the following in message-id
    <sdhn7c$pkp$4@dont-email.me>:

    The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

    And the Troll Doe stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$1@dont-email.me>:

    The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
    breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
    CLUELESS...

    And yet, the clueless Troll Doe has itself posted yet another
    incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Fri, 3 Jun 2022 16:34:13 -0000
    (UTC) in message-id <t7dd64$h3b$3@dont-email.me>.

    TiDZwAkwFqWU

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Anthony William Sloman@21:1/5 to John Doe on Fri Jun 3 10:03:13 2022
    On Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 2:44:58 AM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:
    Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

    The leaked paper was not a future SC decision. It was a draft by Alito which he may have intended to be included in the formal decision whether things went his way or not. They can do that. It's called dissent.

    That's called "insane".

    The insanity lies in confusing a draft discussion paper with a "preliminary decision".

    --
    Bill Sloman, Sydney

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Doe@21:1/5 to Fred Bloggs on Fri Jun 3 16:44:51 2022
    Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com> wrote:

    The leaked paper was not a future SC decision. It was a draft by Alito
    which he may have intended to be included in the formal decision whether things went his way or not. They can do that. It's called dissent.

    That's called "insane".

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadenc@21:1/5 to John Dope on Fri Jun 3 17:19:17 2022
    John Dope <always.look@message.header> wrote in
    news:t7d9d6$s0$1@dont-email.me:


    The recent leak of a Supreme Court preliminary decision has
    potential for fireworks (or maybe a dud of great consequence).

    You are an idiot. It was "leaked" by a member of the right wing,
    you stupid fuck.

    It's the Deep State

    The deep state of your criminal mother's ass from the day she shat
    you from it.

    overtly opposing one branch of our government.

    You're an abject idiot.

    In congress and in the executive branch, it's not so obvious, as
    described over 200 years ago in a London Times article on Nov 11,
    1815...

    John Dope could not be more stupid if he tried.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Doe@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 3 20:22:55 2022
    Once again, Bozo misspelled its name...


    The recent leak of a Supreme Court preliminary decision has potential for fireworks (or maybe a dud of great consequence).

    It's the Deep State overtly opposing one branch of our government. In
    congress and in the executive branch, it's not so obvious, as described
    over 200 years ago in a London Times article on Nov 11, 1815...

    "it is in this bureaucracy, Gentlemen, that you will find the invisible
    and mischievous power which thwarts the most noble views, and prevents or weakens the effect of all the salutary reforms which France is incessantly calling for" (quoted on Merriam-Webster's site). According to a USENET
    poster, that passage originated from an item headed "Courts of Justice in France", on page 2 of the Times for Saturday November 11, 1815, a report
    of a speech by Jean Guillaume Hyde de Neuville [good thing they weren't
    using multiple last names back then].

    But the Supreme Court leak was an overt direct attack, the most obvious, concentrated Deep State operation in our history.

    Will it be prosecuted and punished? But even if it is, that won't
    necessarily be the end of it. The cannibal left is insatiable.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Doe@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 3 20:28:28 2022
    Always Wrong pretends to know who leaked the Supreme Court document...



    The recent leak of a Supreme Court preliminary decision has potential for fireworks (or maybe a dud of great consequence).

    It's the Deep State overtly opposing one branch of our government. In
    congress and in the executive branch, it's not so obvious, as described
    over 200 years ago in a London Times article on Nov 11, 1815...

    "it is in this bureaucracy, Gentlemen, that you will find the invisible
    and mischievous power which thwarts the most noble views, and prevents or weakens the effect of all the salutary reforms which France is incessantly calling for" (quoted on Merriam-Webster's site). According to a USENET
    poster, that passage originated from an item headed "Courts of Justice in France", on page 2 of the Times for Saturday November 11, 1815, a report
    of a speech by Jean Guillaume Hyde de Neuville [good thing they weren't
    using multiple last names back then].

    But the Supreme Court leak was an overt direct attack, the most obvious, concentrated Deep State operation in our history.

    Will it be prosecuted and punished? But even if it is, that won't
    necessarily be the end of it. The cannibal left is insatiable.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From bitrex@21:1/5 to John Doe on Sat Jun 4 09:15:04 2022
    On 6/3/2022 4:28 PM, John Doe wrote:
    Always Wrong pretends to know who leaked the Supreme Court document...



    The recent leak of a Supreme Court preliminary decision has potential for fireworks (or maybe a dud of great consequence).

    It's the Deep State overtly opposing one branch of our government. In congress and in the executive branch, it's not so obvious, as described
    over 200 years ago in a London Times article on Nov 11, 1815...

    "it is in this bureaucracy, Gentlemen, that you will find the invisible
    and mischievous power which thwarts the most noble views, and prevents or weakens the effect of all the salutary reforms which France is incessantly calling for" (quoted on Merriam-Webster's site). According to a USENET poster, that passage originated from an item headed "Courts of Justice in France", on page 2 of the Times for Saturday November 11, 1815, a report
    of a speech by Jean Guillaume Hyde de Neuville [good thing they weren't
    using multiple last names back then].

    But the Supreme Court leak was an overt direct attack, the most obvious, concentrated Deep State operation in our history.

    It's surprising it never happened before, they send this stuff out to
    more functionaries than pre-release copies of Taylor Swift albums.

    Will it be prosecuted and punished? But even if it is, that won't
    necessarily be the end of it.
    It's already being investigated, but there's no public oversight
    requirement for investigations of this type, and no requirement the
    results or consequences of the investigation to ever be made public.
    Good chance it won't be.

    The cannibal left is insatiable.

    The chances it was the "Deep State" of Alito or his staff who leaked it
    are really good. If we never hear anything about it again I'd say
    approaching 100%

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From bitrex@21:1/5 to Anthony William Sloman on Sat Jun 4 09:40:02 2022
    On 6/3/2022 1:03 PM, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
    On Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 2:44:58 AM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:
    Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

    The leaked paper was not a future SC decision. It was a draft by Alito
    which he may have intended to be included in the formal decision whether >>> things went his way or not. They can do that. It's called dissent.

    That's called "insane".

    The insanity lies in confusing a draft discussion paper with a "preliminary decision".



    That a draft opinion got leaked on the Internet is probably just
    evidence the Supreme Court hasn't written anything worth leaking since
    the invention of the Internet, not that their secrecy or security is so amazing.

    If you asked 100 Americans to name one landmark SC case of the past 30
    years optimistically maybe 5 could answer. Roper v. Simmons (2005) is
    the first one that comes to mind for me, that it's unconstitutional to
    execute people for crimes they committed when legally a child.

    Most civilized countries stopped doing that decades or centuries ago.
    But most Americans probably fall into two categories, people who thought
    it was already illegal by then and people who don't give a shit if it is

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Doe@21:1/5 to bitrex on Sat Jun 4 16:56:51 2022
    But of course there is some "oversight" in the sense we will be told what happens. Court cases have NEVER been hidden from the public. We already
    know Supreme Court law clerks are being forced to sign an affidavit
    stating they had nothing to do with it and are required to hand over their
    cell phone records. What the media doesn't tell you is (very likely) those
    are OFFICIAL cell phone records from their GOVERNMENT phones.

    Any of Samuel Alito's law clerks lawyering up and refusing to cooperate?

    The idea the leak was Samuel Alito's fault is like the Los Angeles Times blaming the leak on Donald Trump. You guys are hard to follow!

    What if it was one of the hard-core cannibal leftist justice's law clerks? Likely. Will she spill the beans on Sonja SotoMayor, Elena Kagan, or
    Stephen Breyer, giving her instruction, or at least approval, to do so? If
    not contemporaneously (like while that judge is still on the bench), maybe later in a book?



    bitrex <user@example.net> wrote:

    On 6/3/2022 4:28 PM, John Doe wrote:
    Always Wrong pretends to know who leaked the Supreme Court document...



    The recent leak of a Supreme Court preliminary decision has potential
    for fireworks (or maybe a dud of great consequence).

    It's the Deep State overtly opposing one branch of our government. In
    congress and in the executive branch, it's not so obvious, as described
    over 200 years ago in a London Times article on Nov 11, 1815...

    "it is in this bureaucracy, Gentlemen, that you will find the invisible
    and mischievous power which thwarts the most noble views, and prevents
    or weakens the effect of all the salutary reforms which France is
    incessantly calling for" (quoted on Merriam-Webster's site). According
    to a USENET poster, that passage originated from an item headed "Courts
    of Justice in France", on page 2 of the Times for Saturday November 11,
    1815, a report of a speech by Jean Guillaume Hyde de Neuville [good
    thing they weren't using multiple last names back then].

    But the Supreme Court leak was an overt direct attack, the most
    obvious, concentrated Deep State operation in our history.

    It's surprising it never happened before, they send this stuff out to
    more functionaries than pre-release copies of Taylor Swift albums.

    Will it be prosecuted and punished? But even if it is, that won't
    necessarily be the end of it.
    It's already being investigated, but there's no public oversight
    requirement for investigations of this type, and no requirement the
    results or consequences of the investigation to ever be made public.
    Good chance it won't be.

    The cannibal left is insatiable.

    The chances it was the "Deep State" of Alito or his staff who leaked it
    are really good. If we never hear anything about it again I'd say
    approaching 100%


    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From rbowman@21:1/5 to bitrex on Sat Jun 4 12:27:00 2022
    On 06/04/2022 07:40 AM, bitrex wrote:
    That a draft opinion got leaked on the Internet is probably just
    evidence the Supreme Court hasn't written anything worth leaking since
    the invention of the Internet, not that their secrecy or security is so amazing.

    If you asked 100 Americans to name one landmark SC case of the past 30
    years optimistically maybe 5 could answer. Roper v. Simmons (2005) is
    the first one that comes to mind for me, that it's unconstitutional to execute people for crimes they committed when legally a child.

    Kelo v. City of New London -- A city government can use the power of
    eminent domain to transfer land from one private party to another.

    Citizens United v. FEC -- Corporations can pour money into political
    campaigns.

    National Federation of Independent Businesses v. Sebelius et al. -- John Roberts saves A.C.A, explains to Democrats how to write a law.

    King v. Burwell -- More of the same

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ricky@21:1/5 to rbowman on Sat Jun 4 12:23:05 2022
    On Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 2:27:08 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
    On 06/04/2022 07:40 AM, bitrex wrote:
    That a draft opinion got leaked on the Internet is probably just
    evidence the Supreme Court hasn't written anything worth leaking since
    the invention of the Internet, not that their secrecy or security is so amazing.

    If you asked 100 Americans to name one landmark SC case of the past 30 years optimistically maybe 5 could answer. Roper v. Simmons (2005) is
    the first one that comes to mind for me, that it's unconstitutional to execute people for crimes they committed when legally a child.
    Kelo v. City of New London -- A city government can use the power of
    eminent domain to transfer land from one private party to another.

    Citizens United v. FEC -- Corporations can pour money into political campaigns.

    National Federation of Independent Businesses v. Sebelius et al. -- John Roberts saves A.C.A, explains to Democrats how to write a law.

    King v. Burwell -- More of the same

    I don't typically remember names, but over the centuries, there have been several cases, including one more recently, concerning civil forfeiture. The original ruling was regarding the seizure of pirate ships, even if the ships had been stolen or
    otherwise used without the owners' permission. The Supreme court ruled that the *ships* had essentially broken the law and were subject to seizure, such that the owners did not have "standing" to sue for their recovery or compensation. That's right,
    the ships were being punished by asset forfeiture.

    This is used today in a similarly insane manner, where the asset can be seized without an official act of the legal system (no trial) and the owner has no "standing" to sue for the recovery.

    I get that the courts are not always going to agree with my thinking, but this is INSANE, the idea that the property is to be punished for alleged acts, never proven in a court, of the owner. There are many cases where the asset is cash and the only
    indication there might be something wrong is the fact that the person had cash. I myself had $8,000 in cash to buy a used truck, in a very similar situation to many who's assets were seized. The simple fact that it is not common to carry that much cash
    on your person, in the view of this ruling, is adequate proof to seize the cash with no means of recovering it.

    I don't want to ever hear that the second amendment is being twisted around from anyone who supports civil asset forfeiture. I don't think any logic regarding law and the Constitution has ever been more thoroughly twisted and wrung out than this.

    --

    Rick C.

    - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
    - Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From whit3rd@21:1/5 to John Doe on Sat Jun 4 12:17:51 2022
    On Saturday, June 4, 2022 at 9:56:58 AM UTC-7, John Doe wrote:
    But of course there is some "oversight" in the sense we will be told what happens. Court cases have NEVER been hidden from the public. We already know...

    The issue isn't public knowledge; all court cases are on record. What is NOT public, is the internal discussions of the justices, which might allow a savvy advocate to shape a personally-appealing but legal-logic-unfounded argument that carries a decision. The 'cult of the personality' approach is detrimental
    to the work of a judicial institution.

    When the court publishes a decision, the elements of that decision, as written, are precedent to all subsequent decisions, guiding lower courts. Individual outliers' musings and comments are NOT such guidance.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)