• OT: Jane Austin to be cancelled by Woke Brigade

    From Cursitor Doom@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 6 16:15:18 2022
    For once, 'the Woke' actually get something right!


    https://tinyurl.com/2p962a3j

    Fucking good riddance say I. :-D

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 6 08:46:32 2022
    On Wed, 06 Apr 2022 16:15:18 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
    wrote:

    For once, 'the Woke' actually get something right!


    https://tinyurl.com/2p962a3j

    Fucking good riddance say I. :-D

    Drinking tea is obviously racist and should be a criminal act.



    --

    I yam what I yam - Popeye

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From David Brown@21:1/5 to jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com on Wed Apr 6 18:43:26 2022
    On 06/04/2022 17:46, jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
    On Wed, 06 Apr 2022 16:15:18 +0100, Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com>
    wrote:

    For once, 'the Woke' actually get something right!


    https://tinyurl.com/2p962a3j

    Fucking good riddance say I. :-D

    Drinking tea is obviously racist and should be a criminal act.


    It is simply a university modernising the reading list for a literature
    course. They changed the book list so they have new topics to discuss
    that are more relevant in a modern society. Universities do this all
    the time. Jane Austin has not been "cancelled" in any way.

    Of course some rags have made click-bait headlines by imagining this as
    a scandal, and some muppets - with Mr. Doom as the king of muppets -
    fall for it.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Phil Allison@21:1/5 to David Lefty Fuckwit Brown on Wed Apr 6 16:47:33 2022
    David Lefty Fuckwit Brown wrote:

    ===========================


    Drinking tea is obviously racist and should be a criminal act.

    It is simply a university modernising the reading list for a literature course.

    ** Like hell it is.
    The modern "woke" craze is a contagious mental illness.
    All about virtue signalling and self congratulating.
    Peeeeeuuuuukkkkeeeee


    ....... Phil

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Anthony William Sloman@21:1/5 to palli...@gmail.com on Wed Apr 6 20:53:06 2022
    On Thursday, April 7, 2022 at 9:47:36 AM UTC+10, palli...@gmail.com wrote:
    David Brown wrote:

    <snip>

    Drinking tea is obviously racist and should be a criminal act.

    It is simply a university modernising the reading list for a literature course.

    ** Like hell it is.
    The modern "woke" craze is a contagious mental illness.
    All about virtue signalling and self congratulating.
    Peeeeeuuuuukkkkeeeee

    Cursitor Doom was pulling his usual trick of disguising a cite from Russia Today as a tiny url.

    Russia Today has much the same ideological interests as the Fox/Sky News sources that Phil relies on.
    Rupert Murdoch doesn't have much in common with Putin but neither of them likes any kind of modern thinking - or any thinking at all - and that does suit Phil.

    --
    Bill Sloman, Sydney

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno@decadenc@21:1/5 to Cursitor Doom on Thu Apr 7 14:51:51 2022
    Cursitor Doom <cd@notformail.com> wrote in news:8dbr4h9c4ffju5eajdb89c987li572hmcr@4ax.com:

    Fucking good riddance say I. :-D

    Now only if you would follow suit so we can say good riddance.

    You woketard utter idiots are beyond clueless.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Brian Howie@21:1/5 to Cursitor Doom on Thu Apr 7 18:58:24 2022
    On 06/04/2022 16:15, Cursitor Doom wrote:
    For once, 'the Woke' actually get something right!


    https://tinyurl.com/2p962a3j

    Fucking good riddance say I. :-D

    Jane Austen was actually a burly Yorkshire man, with beard like a
    rhododendron bush.

    Brian

    --
    Brian

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Anthony William Sloman@21:1/5 to Brian Howie on Thu Apr 7 16:37:59 2022
    On Friday, April 8, 2022 at 3:58:32 AM UTC+10, Brian Howie wrote:
    On 06/04/2022 16:15, Cursitor Doom wrote:
    For once, 'the Woke' actually get something right!


    https://tinyurl.com/2p962a3j

    Fucking good riddance say I. :-D

    Jane Austen was actually a burly Yorkshire man, with beard like a rhododendron bush.

    Not the usual story. She lived most of her life in Hampshire (with a period in Bath), dying in Winchester, and nobody seems to have noticed her beard.

    --
    Bill Sloman, Sydney

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Phil Allison@21:1/5 to Brian Howler on Thu Apr 7 16:54:31 2022
    Brian Howler wrote:
    =================

    Jane Austen was actually a burly Yorkshire man, with beard like a rhododendron bush.

    ** Ha, ha.

    She lived and wrote in the pre-photographic era circa 1800.
    Never became personally famous since her novels were all published anonymously. One sketch of her exists, allegedly by her sister - see the Wiki.
    No beard in sight.


    ...... Phil

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From David Brown@21:1/5 to Anthony William Sloman on Fri Apr 8 14:12:12 2022
    On 08/04/2022 01:37, Anthony William Sloman wrote:
    On Friday, April 8, 2022 at 3:58:32 AM UTC+10, Brian Howie wrote:
    On 06/04/2022 16:15, Cursitor Doom wrote:
    For once, 'the Woke' actually get something right!


    https://tinyurl.com/2p962a3j

    Fucking good riddance say I. :-D

    Jane Austen was actually a burly Yorkshire man, with beard like a
    rhododendron bush.

    Not the usual story. She lived most of her life in Hampshire (with a period in Bath), dying in Winchester, and nobody seems to have noticed her beard.


    It sounds like someone has a gap in their cultural education!

    <https://blackadder.fandom.com/wiki/Jane_Austen>

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)