• Re: Covid consequences (Covidsequences?)

    From John Doe@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 23 07:59:33 2022
    No.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Don Y@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 23 00:58:37 2022
    <https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-01689-3>

    I suspect, in the coming years, we will see more of these sorts of
    studies more fully explaining the total "health costs" of Covid
    infections.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com@21:1/5 to blockedofcourse@foo.invalid on Mon Apr 11 08:38:50 2022
    On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 00:58:37 -0700, Don Y
    <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid> wrote:

    <https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-01689-3>

    I suspect, in the coming years, we will see more of these sorts of
    studies more fully explaining the total "health costs" of Covid
    infections.

    We seem to be over with and bored with covid; witness how few posts on
    the subject lately.

    But China is not:

    https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/04/11/videos-shanghai-residents-trapped-in-lockdown-scream-from-their-windows-fight-over-limited-food/

    Two observations:

    Lockdowns reserve an uninfected population for the virus to thrive in,
    with bad side effects too.

    Dictators-for-life, like Hitler and Mao and Xi and Putin, get to
    thinking they understand everything so micro-mismanage everything, and
    don't much mind mega-deaths along the way. They blame underlings when
    they are wrong.



    --

    I yam what I yam - Popeye

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ed Lee@21:1/5 to jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com on Mon Apr 11 10:03:36 2022
    On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 8:39:11 AM UTC-7, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
    On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 00:58:37 -0700, Don Y
    <blocked...@foo.invalid> wrote:

    <https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-01689-3>

    I suspect, in the coming years, we will see more of these sorts of
    studies more fully explaining the total "health costs" of Covid
    infections.
    We seem to be over with and bored with covid; witness how few posts on
    the subject lately.

    Not much happening, but Delta is back (around 50%).


    But China is not:

    https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/04/11/videos-shanghai-residents-trapped-in-lockdown-scream-from-their-windows-fight-over-limited-food/

    Two observations:

    Lockdowns reserve an uninfected population for the virus to thrive in,
    with bad side effects too.

    Dictators-for-life, like Hitler and Mao and Xi and Putin, get to
    thinking they understand everything so micro-mismanage everything, and
    don't much mind mega-deaths along the way. They blame underlings when
    they are wrong.

    Covid HOME COMING.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Doe@21:1/5 to jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com on Mon Apr 11 17:22:40 2022
    jlarkin@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

    We seem to be over with and bored with covid; witness how few posts on
    the subject lately.

    But China is not:

    https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/04/11/videos-shanghai-residents-trapped-in-lockdown-scream-from-their-windows-fight-over-limited-food/

    Two observations:

    Lockdowns reserve an uninfected population for the virus to thrive in,
    with bad side effects too.

    Dictators-for-life, like Hitler and Mao and Xi and Putin, get to
    thinking they understand everything so micro-mismanage everything, and
    don't much mind mega-deaths along the way. They blame underlings when
    they are wrong.

    Yep! Unfortunately, power tends to corrupt. We Americans have had the best system in the world but it is spiraling downwards. That, even considering
    the possibility we might swing to the so-called right (that won't stop our fall). Then again, I don't know everything...

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ricky@21:1/5 to jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com on Mon Apr 11 17:04:43 2022
    On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 11:39:11 AM UTC-4, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
    On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 00:58:37 -0700, Don Y
    <blocked...@foo.invalid> wrote:

    <https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-01689-3>

    I suspect, in the coming years, we will see more of these sorts of
    studies more fully explaining the total "health costs" of Covid
    infections.
    We seem to be over with and bored with covid; witness how few posts on
    the subject lately.

    But China is not:

    https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/04/11/videos-shanghai-residents-trapped-in-lockdown-scream-from-their-windows-fight-over-limited-food/

    Two observations:

    Lockdowns reserve an uninfected population for the virus to thrive in,
    with bad side effects too.

    Dictators-for-life, like Hitler and Mao and Xi and Putin, get to
    thinking they understand everything so micro-mismanage everything, and
    don't much mind mega-deaths along the way. They blame underlings when
    they are wrong.

    So you are saying, instead of using their own ideas, they should rely on the thoughts of experts in the field?

    Sounds like an excellent idea. Sometimes you have excellent insight into problems. Maybe you should run your own country. Then you can let the experts make the decisions about their fields of knowledge, like meteorology.

    --

    Rick C.

    - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
    - Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ricky@21:1/5 to John Doe on Mon Apr 11 17:06:05 2022
    On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 1:22:46 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
    jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

    We seem to be over with and bored with covid; witness how few posts on
    the subject lately.

    But China is not:

    https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/04/11/videos-shanghai-residents-trapped-in-lockdown-scream-from-their-windows-fight-over-limited-food/

    Two observations:

    Lockdowns reserve an uninfected population for the virus to thrive in,
    with bad side effects too.

    Dictators-for-life, like Hitler and Mao and Xi and Putin, get to
    thinking they understand everything so micro-mismanage everything, and don't much mind mega-deaths along the way. They blame underlings when
    they are wrong.
    Yep! Unfortunately, power tends to corrupt. We Americans have had the best system in the world but it is spiraling downwards. That, even considering
    the possibility we might swing to the so-called right (that won't stop our fall). Then again, I don't know everything...

    We are trying to straighten things out, but it's hard to do when you've been in a flat spin for four years.

    --

    Rick C.

    + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
    + Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Anthony William Sloman@21:1/5 to jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com on Mon Apr 11 20:09:41 2022
    On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 1:39:11 AM UTC+10, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
    On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 00:58:37 -0700, Don Y
    <blocked...@foo.invalid> wrote:

    <https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-01689-3>

    I suspect, in the coming years, we will see more of these sorts of
    studies more fully explaining the total "health costs" of Covid >infections.
    We seem to be over with and bored with covid; witness how few posts on
    the subject lately.

    But China is not:

    https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/04/11/videos-shanghai-residents-trapped-in-lockdown-scream-from-their-windows-fight-over-limited-food/

    Two observations:

    Lockdowns reserve an uninfected population for the virus to thrive in, with bad side effects too.

    Except that you can now vaccinate the uninfected population, so the virus can't thrive in that population, or even reproduce frequently enough to generate the more infectious variants (from other places) that are now giving the Chinese trouble.

    The Chinese do have a problem in that their home-developed vaccines aren't as good as ours, but they a great deal better than nothing.

    Dictators-for-life, like Hitler and Mao and Xi and Putin, get to
    thinking they understand everything so micro-mismanage everything, and
    don't much mind mega-deaths along the way. They blame underlings when
    they are wrong.

    Correctly. They shouldn't surround themselves with yes-men. Xi seems to have less of a problem with yes-men than Putin, and neither of them is - as yet - as far out of touch with reality as Hitler and Mao ended up. With any luck Putin is going to get his
    reality check quite soon.

    --
    Bill Sloman, Sydney

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Anthony William Sloman@21:1/5 to John Doe on Mon Apr 11 20:23:28 2022
    On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 3:22:46 AM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:
    jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

    We seem to be over with and bored with covid; witness how few posts on
    the subject lately.

    But China is not:

    https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/04/11/videos-shanghai-residents-trapped-in-lockdown-scream-from-their-windows-fight-over-limited-food/

    Two observations:

    Lockdowns reserve an uninfected population for the virus to thrive in, with bad side effects too.

    Dictators-for-life, like Hitler and Mao and Xi and Putin, get to
    thinking they understand everything so micro-mismanage everything, and don't much mind mega-deaths along the way. They blame underlings when
    they are wrong.

    Yep! Unfortunately, power tends to corrupt. We Americans have had the best system in the world but it is spiraling downwards.

    It's been quite a while since America had the best system in the world. What the founding tax evaders put together was an interesting proof-of-principle prototype which was actually better than of the competing systems around at the time, and successive
    amendments did make it even better, but modern constitutions work a whole better than dog's breakfast that America has now.

    America isn't "spiralling downwards". It's just not improving as fast as the competition.

    That, even considering the possibility we might swing to the so-called right (that won't stop our fall).

    The right-wing in America does still think that their system is still the best system in the world. They don't like thinking about how it falls short, let alone how it needs to be improved.

    Then again, I don't know everything...

    Something of an understatement.

    --
    Bill Sloman, Sydney

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Flyguy@21:1/5 to bill....@ieee.org on Mon Apr 11 21:06:18 2022
    On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 8:23:32 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
    On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 3:22:46 AM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:
    jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

    We seem to be over with and bored with covid; witness how few posts on the subject lately.

    But China is not:

    https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/04/11/videos-shanghai-residents-trapped-in-lockdown-scream-from-their-windows-fight-over-limited-food/

    Two observations:

    Lockdowns reserve an uninfected population for the virus to thrive in, with bad side effects too.

    Dictators-for-life, like Hitler and Mao and Xi and Putin, get to thinking they understand everything so micro-mismanage everything, and don't much mind mega-deaths along the way. They blame underlings when they are wrong.

    Yep! Unfortunately, power tends to corrupt. We Americans have had the best system in the world but it is spiraling downwards.
    It's been quite a while since America had the best system in the world. What the founding tax evaders put together was an interesting proof-of-principle prototype which was actually better than of the competing systems around at the time, and
    successive amendments did make it even better, but modern constitutions work a whole better than dog's breakfast that America has now.

    America isn't "spiralling downwards". It's just not improving as fast as the competition.

    Thanks to Lyin' Biden, America IS "spiralling downwards." Thankfully, Lyin' Biden's days are numbered, to be precise 205 days to the Mid-terms.

    That, even considering the possibility we might swing to the so-called right (that won't stop our fall).
    The right-wing in America does still think that their system is still the best system in the world. They don't like thinking about how it falls short, let alone how it needs to be improved.

    It sure beats your MONOARCHY!

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From whit3rd@21:1/5 to jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com on Mon Apr 11 21:46:02 2022
    On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 8:39:11 AM UTC-7, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
    On Wed, 23 Feb 2022 00:58:37 -0700, Don Y
    <blocked...@foo.invalid> wrote:

    <https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-01689-3>

    I suspect, in the coming years, we will see more of these sorts of
    studies more fully explaining the total "health costs" of Covid
    infections.
    We seem to be over with and bored with covid; witness how few posts on
    the subject lately.

    But China is not:


    Nonfiction on the subject of fatal diseases is best when it's boring.
    You don't want to read the exciting news, you want to read the
    other kind.

    China went with a classical (and not terribly effective) vaccine,
    and with variants that spread fast, that's not working out as happily
    as (for instance) the Israel tactics. The lockdown tactic should be
    just an occasional backup to other policies. In China, it's a do-this-for-every-breakout frontline defense.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Anthony William Sloman@21:1/5 to Flyguy on Tue Apr 12 03:49:25 2022
    On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 2:06:22 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
    On Monday, April 11, 2022 at 8:23:32 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
    On Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 3:22:46 AM UTC+10, John Doe wrote:
    jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

    We seem to be over with and bored with covid; witness how few posts on the subject lately.

    But China is not:

    https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2022/04/11/videos-shanghai-residents-trapped-in-lockdown-scream-from-their-windows-fight-over-limited-food/

    Two observations:

    Lockdowns reserve an uninfected population for the virus to thrive in, with bad side effects too.

    Dictators-for-life, like Hitler and Mao and Xi and Putin, get to thinking they understand everything so micro-mismanage everything, and don't much mind mega-deaths along the way. They blame underlings when they are wrong.

    Yep! Unfortunately, power tends to corrupt. We Americans have had the best
    system in the world but it is spiraling downwards.
    It's been quite a while since America had the best system in the world. What the founding tax evaders put together was an interesting proof-of-principle prototype which was actually better than of the competing systems around at the time, and
    successive amendments did make it even better, but modern constitutions work a whole better than dog's breakfast that America has now.

    America isn't "spiralling downwards". It's just not improving as fast as the competition.

    Thanks to Lyin' Biden, America IS "spiralling downwards." Thankfully, Lyin' Biden's days are numbered, to be precise 205 days to the Mid-terms.

    Flyguy has any number of strongly held delusions. He looks very like somebody who has sunk a long way into senile dementia.

    That, even considering the possibility we might swing to the so-called right (that won't stop our fall).

    The right-wing in America does still think that their system is still the best system in the world. They don't like thinking about how it falls short, let alone how it needs to be improved.

    It sure beats your MONARCHY!

    The UK went over to a constitutional monarchy in about 1832.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reform_Act_1832

    This was actually just the first in series of constitutional reforms, but you wouldn't be able to follow anything that complicated.

    Australia got it's own constitution in 1900, and it stuck with constitutional monarchy, more out of nostalgia than anything else. There was a referendum about turning the country into a republic in 1999, which was lost by a narrow margin. The electorate
    liked the idea in principle, but didn't like the specifics of what they were offered to vote on.

    What we've got is deliberately different from the US system.It's not a good as the better European constitutions, which were put together even more recently, and have proportional representation in multi-member electorates, which leads to multiparty
    democracy and and coalition governments, which work remarkably well. I watched the Dutch system up close for 19 years, and was positively impressed. They too are a constitutional monarchy.

    --
    Bill Sloman, Sydney

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)