• Yamaha CDC-E250 problem.

    From Chuck@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 10 08:31:30 2022
    I cleaned and lubed a functional cd changer. After I was done,
    the number 2 disc tray won't retract. I stopped being an
    authorized. Yamaha tech 2 years before this model was sold and
    I'm having difficulty understanding how the changer mechanism
    functions. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Chuck
    --

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Peter W.@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 10 07:34:59 2022
    Service Manual here: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/yamaha/cdc-e250.shtml

    Peter Wieck
    Melrose Park, PA

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Chuck@21:1/5 to peterwieck33@gmail.com on Mon Jan 10 11:43:26 2022
    On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 07:34:59 -0800 (PST), "Peter W."
    <peterwieck33@gmail.com> wrote:

    Service Manual here: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/yamaha/cdc-e250.shtml

    Peter Wieck
    Melrose Park, PA
    Thanks Peter. I had already downloaded it. I was hoping there was a
    known flaw and fix that could speed up the repair since this is a
    freebie.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Peter W.@21:1/5 to Chuck on Mon Jan 10 11:01:50 2022
    On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 12:43:27 PM UTC-5, Chuck wrote:
    I was hoping there was a
    known flaw and fix that could speed up the repair since this is a
    freebie.

    In a word: Yamaha.

    Peter Wieck
    Melrose Park, PA

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Adrian Caspersz@21:1/5 to Peter W. on Tue Jan 11 06:33:08 2022
    On 10/01/2022 19:01, Peter W. wrote:
    On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 12:43:27 PM UTC-5, Chuck wrote:
    I was hoping there was a
    known flaw and fix that could speed up the repair since this is a
    freebie.

    In a word: Yamaha.


    <ouch>

    One project I have had on the theoretical bench a long time, is to
    replace some of the read electronics in a CD changer with some from a CD
    ROM drive.

    Then I could pile my CDs into it, and have them rip'ed without having to constantly attend to the thing....





    .... however, music streaming became a thing, and Spotify has already
    got my library online ...


    --
    Adrian C

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Trevor Wilson@21:1/5 to Chuck on Wed Jan 12 05:50:21 2022
    On 11/01/2022 1:31 am, Chuck wrote:

    I cleaned and lubed a functional cd changer. After I was done,
    the number 2 disc tray won't retract. I stopped being an
    authorized. Yamaha tech 2 years before this model was sold and
    I'm having difficulty understanding how the changer mechanism
    functions. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Chuck

    **I don't know that, specific, model, but I am familiar with the type of mechanism. They are horrible to work on. I refused to take them in for
    service many years ago. Just not worth the effort. Carousel types are
    much easier.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Chuck@21:1/5 to trevor@rageaudio.com.au on Wed Jan 12 15:36:30 2022
    On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 05:50:21 +1100, Trevor Wilson
    <trevor@rageaudio.com.au> wrote:

    On 11/01/2022 1:31 am, Chuck wrote:

    I cleaned and lubed a functional cd changer. After I was done,
    the number 2 disc tray won't retract. I stopped being an
    authorized. Yamaha tech 2 years before this model was sold and
    I'm having difficulty understanding how the changer mechanism
    functions. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Chuck

    **I don't know that, specific, model, but I am familiar with the type of >mechanism. They are horrible to work on. I refused to take them in for >service many years ago. Just not worth the effort. Carousel types are
    much easier.
    Thanks Trevor. I figured as much. I have years of experience working
    on Yamaha carousel players but none on this mechanism.

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)