• Re: VIZIO Model # M550SV 55" randomly shuts off

From Charles Lucas@21:1/5 to hildawi...@gmail.com on Sun Jul 10 13:42:43 2022
    On Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at 2:50:05 PM UTC-6, hildawi...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi Group, can someone help please. I have a VIZIO Model # M550SV 55" randomly shuts off/on.. I checked the voltages on power supply board all are correct.. after doing research online, there seems to be a firmware problem. i hooked up to their website,
    couldn't find any updates.. is there a fix to this TV, ???

One thing I have noticed is that there was a mandate to all manufacturers making new TV's to have
    the power supply shut down seconds after there is no signal detection on the system's computer
    when not in setup mode, in addition to making the power supplies energy star rated and extremely
    efficient (80% or higher). The high cost of energy created this mandate because older TV's were
    "power hogs" that ate up hundreds of dollars of cost just to run them monthly.

With that in mind, if there is no signal present on any input after 30 seconds, the set will shut down.
    You have to have an actual signal (whether it be analog or digital) there for the set to continue
    running. If the computer sees no signal there the system will shut down. You at least need a video
    signal there for the set to remain on. Audio is subject to adjustments and mode. Hope this info. helps.
    Also, this has been an issue for 14 years, so I educate customers on this.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)