• Olson Components

From Peter W.@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 29 09:46:56 2022
    All:

This last Saturday, we went to a 'flea market' in Freeland, PA (Freeland Marketplace), that, while otherwise utterly depressing, had in one obscure corner an Olson stereo integrated tube amplifier, and an Olson tube FM tuner. No idea of their condition
    other than they were reasonable clean, free of rust and overt physical damage, and had all the tubes. From what little I could find on-line, Olson seemed to have been something on the order of an Allied Electronics or similar, selling rebranded Japanese-
    made components, and, at some point, also made by Teledyne.

In any case, the stuff is still there - I have NO NEED for additional 'stuff' at this point. http://freelandmarketplace.com/ I guarantee that it will be cheap. It is just to the right of the main entrance, sitting on top of a pair of huge 'white-van'
    speakers.

It is more-or-less within our orbit to and from our summer house, or we would never have stopped there (I did mention 'depressing').

Peter Wieck
    Melrose Park, PA

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ralph Mowery@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 29 13:58:58 2022
    In article <a8ae5e38-73b0-4e37-8b4a-e4e39005838en@googlegroups.com>, peterwieck33@gmail.com says...

This last Saturday, we went to a 'flea market' in Freeland, PA (Freeland Marketplace), that, while otherwise utterly depressing, had in one obscure corner an Olson stereo integrated tube amplifier, and an Olson tube FM tuner. No idea of their condition
    other than they were reasonable clean, free of rust and overt physical damage, and had all the tubes. From what little I could find on-line, Olson seemed to have been something on the order of an Allied Electronics or similar, selling rebranded Japanese-made components, and, at some point, also made by Teledyne.

In the middle to late 1960's Olson had a catalog similar to those. I
    ordered parts from them several times.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)