• Re: Anyone have experience with Cuisinart CYM-100 Automatic Cooling Yog

From Daniel Whitehouse@21:1/5 to jjhu...@gmail.com on Tue Apr 26 12:55:31 2022
    On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 7:21:49 AM UTC-7, jjhu...@gmail.com wrote:
    This will be my weekend project but before I tear into it, I wonder if anyone has any experience with these or knows of a schematic? This is the third one I've had. First one quit cooling, the second one and this one stopped heating.
    Given my experience with failure rate, these things seem poorly designed.

I am guessing it contains Peltier module and if that is true, I suspect the module may be dead or the drive circuity may be the culprit.
    Any insight from anyone having experience with this is appreciated.
    J

Any idea what the component in the Q2 position is? on mine it appears to be burnt. no luck finding a schematic for the dang thing so far....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Three Jeeps@21:1/5 to Daniel Whitehouse on Tue Apr 26 19:11:14 2022
    On Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 3:55:34 PM UTC-4, Daniel Whitehouse wrote:
    On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 7:21:49 AM UTC-7, jjhu...@gmail.com wrote:
    This will be my weekend project but before I tear into it, I wonder if anyone has any experience with these or knows of a schematic? This is the third one I've had. First one quit cooling, the second one and this one stopped heating.
    Given my experience with failure rate, these things seem poorly designed.

I am guessing it contains Peltier module and if that is true, I suspect the module may be dead or the drive circuity may be the culprit.
    Any insight from anyone having experience with this is appreciated.
    J
    Any idea what the component in the Q2 position is? on mine it appears to be burnt. no luck finding a schematic for the dang thing so far....

umm, sorry, dont quite understand your question. Are you asking what the component is that is marked as Q2 on the PCB? If so, sorry, no clue. My unit is assembled and I don't want to take it apart. I suggest you try to determine the traces to/from
    the component, take some voltage measurements on its terminals and make a reasonable guess for a replacement. It the component in question drives the TEC, any generic power transistor should suffice. You should be able to determine the power rating of
    the component from its packaging.
    If you find a schematic, please post a link to it.
    Good luck
    J

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)