• Denon UD-M31 CD Problem

From =?UTF-8?B?RHXFoWFuIEvDtnN6ZWdoeQ==?@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 27 09:18:44 2021
    Dňa utorok 14. júna 2016 o 22:25:21 UTC+2 používateľ rupert....@gmail.com napísal:
    On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 18:13:21 UTC+1, dansabr...@yahoo.com wrote:
    I don't know about this particular system, but some attempt to spin the disk PRIOR to the focus. The laser can detect its reflection without needing to be in focus. You may not see the focus attempt before the spinning.

Dan
    Thanks Dan,
    Very interesting - I have ordered both the driver and the ASP from Denon. Will update the post when I get the spares.
    Best regards,
    Rupert

Hello Rupert, how did it work?
    I have same issue. First of all. i have UD-M30 on which the tray would not open. I found sort of loosen rubber belt. Replaced it and everything was ok.
    then, as we dont listen to cds very often, it got loosen again (the belt) and i decided to replace it as i had same from previous purchase.
    Found out that after inserting cd it does not spin. Only spin it does for like a second is when i switch to CD from previous TAPE source.

Meanwhile i ordered the whole mechanism, so perhaps it will help.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Peter W.@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 27 09:56:22 2021
    That was five (5) years ago. But:

Generalized warning: OEM belts for obsolete equipment are generally a bad choice, as those parts in may cases are as old and have sat around just as long as the parts inside the unit. I have had 100% success ordering generic O-rings from McMaster-Carr to
    the correct size, configuration and diameter (and at a fraction of the OEM cost). I have a choice of materials, O, [], D, 0 or otherwise, even toothed, and they are fresh.

Peter Wieck
    Melrose Park, PA

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?B?RHXFoWFuIEvDtnN6ZWdoeQ==?@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 28 17:17:39 2021
    Dňa piatok 27. augusta 2021 o 18:56:25 UTC+2 používateľ Peter W. napísal:
    That was five (5) years ago. But:

Generalized warning: OEM belts for obsolete equipment are generally a bad choice, as those parts in may cases are as old and have sat around just as long as the parts inside the unit. I have had 100% success ordering generic O-rings from McMaster-Carr
    to the correct size, configuration and diameter (and at a fraction of the OEM cost). I have a choice of materials, O, [], D, 0 or otherwise, even toothed, and they are fresh.
    Peter Wieck
    Melrose Park, PA

And? Got mine problem now, so what is the big deal?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05