• today, more AT&T// #651 Optimal Strategy of Playing the StockMarket via

From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 2 14:15:16 2017
    PORTFOLIO of PAF on 2MAY2017

VZ   2000
    T   25440

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 7APR2017 was 27,290 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,440

real-estate land 3APR03 of 1 lot $19,000.
    real-estate land Sept05 another lot $75,000.

Today, with excess cash bought 150 more AT&T at 38.90. Not a usual post dividend date for the telecoms. Usually they have a bounce upwards from all the money that is automatically reinvested into stock. So, something is troubling the telecoms, maybe just
    the competition. And so we see the need for AT&T to buy Time Warner, the entertainment company for content in T's lines.

I have been checking into the cancer drugs, and aside from Jimmy Carter, I am not at all impressed. I am hoping these drugs can be a sort of "maintenance drug", I mean, replace chemotherapy with drug taking therapy. And it may well go in that direction.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 3 21:54:03 2017
    Alright AT&T dropped another 50 cents today and i believe a reasonable explanation is the debt load upon buying Time Warner is the cause of it. But to a value investor like myself who sees AT&T being an even better company-- the price should go the other
    way.

If you were there with a 1,000 acre farm-- how much better it would be if it were 2,000 acre.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 22 10:20:30 2017
    PORTFOLIO of PAF on 22SEP2017

VZ   2000
    T   25600
    GSK 20

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 2MAY2017 was 27,440 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,620

Today, with excess cash bought 160 more AT&T at 38.38 and 20 shares GSK for 40.65 per share.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 1 14:26:49 2017
    more AT&T// #653 Optimal Strategy of Playing the StockMarket via VonNeumann Game Theory

PORTFOLIO of PAF on 1NOV2017

VZ   2000
    T   25900
    GSK     20

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 22SEP2017 was 27,620 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,920

Today, with excess cash bought 300 more AT&T at 33.50.

AT&T is cheap these days, and the drug companies are taking a drubbing also.

I believe as long as Alzheimer's President Trump is in office, the markets will be an unceasing turmoil, rapid ups and downs, until it is evident, that the USA just cannot afford to go forward with a president that suffers from Alzheimers.

Trump cheated to get into office, and one of his greatest cheats, was to fudge over the fact that he never had a thorough medical examination that reveals he has alzheimers and unfit for office as president.

I hope he is removed before he causes huge damage. He already caused damage to the Global Warming initiatives. The Hurricanes of 2017 reveal that the Caribbean is no longer fit to live in year round. And soon, with this president, from Houston to New
    York City is unfit to live in year round.

Do the amendment 25, before this sick president gets us into deeper hot water.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 10 21:16:39 2017
    PORTFOLIO of PAF on 9NOV2017  

VZ   2000
    T   25900
    GSK     50

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 1NOV2017 was 27,920 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,950

Few days ago, with excess cash bought 30 more GSK at 35.75.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 20 21:13:58 2017
    sold some AT&T to buy a Toyota Prius// #655 Optimal Strategy of Playing the StockMarket via VonNeumann Game Theory

PORTFOLIO of PAF on 13NOV2017  

VZ   2000
    T   25060
    GSK     50

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 9NOV2017 was 27,950 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,110

Usually I report my transactions almost the same day they took place, for some reason or other, I felt I wanted to wait on this transaction that took place on 13Nov, yet now is 20Nov. I went to town and bought a Toyota Prius, those plug in hybrid
    electric cars. A beautiful car, for my other Toyota Tacoma pickup is about 90,000 miles. I plan to keep both and to reach 200,000 on the pickup. The reason I bought the Prius, is it is a science car, and I have been blabbing on the Internet for years now
    on Geothermal Energy is the future of energy to make oil/coal/gas go obsolete. So I was doing the Talk to Talk but not doing the Walk to Walk. And the fact that I am recovering from cancer, so, may as well learn what the best driving car is, before I
    leave.

I drove it home tonight, and not used to power-brakes. Not used to all that electronics, could not get the back hatch door open. I did like the fact that the headlights are automatic, and that often the brights come on automatically.

I like the automatic more than my manual transmission on the pickup. And I like the smoother ride, whereas the pickup felt every bump in the road. I like the fact that going faster.

But I still find myself mock-shifting gears.

I have to figure out how to charge the batteries, was told I can go almost 30, not quite 30 miles on a charge.

I was looking for the charge dial, how much charge and not found that yet.

The color is blaze red, for they had just one Prius for sale. I would have chosen a purple color, like my pickup.

I am happy with the car, for it has that GPS, which I like so much when going through the big cities.

When I was young, in the 1970s and 1980s, driving through big cities was no big deal, whether my Volkswagen or Toyota, no big deal. But somewhere in time, big cities and there freeways have turned into mini-nightmares, where you are in the 4th lane and
    have to get into the exit lane, just a nightmare. And the designers of freeways are part of the problem. I think what should happen is that all Freeways 25 miles from a big city should have a speed limit of no more than 50 mph.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to plutonium....@gmail.com on Mon Dec 4 12:55:11 2017
    On Monday, November 20, 2017 at 11:14:00 PM UTC-6, plutonium....@gmail.com wrote:
    sold some AT&T to buy a Toyota Prius// #655 Optimal Strategy of Playing the StockMarket via VonNeumann Game Theory

VZ   2000
    T   25060
    GSK     50

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 9NOV2017 was 27,950 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,110

Usually I report my transactions almost the same day they took place, for some reason or other, I felt I wanted to wait on this transaction that took place on 13Nov, yet now is 20Nov. I went to town and bought a Toyota Prius, those plug in hybrid
    electric cars. A beautiful car, for my other Toyota Tacoma pickup is about 90,000 miles. I plan to keep both and to reach 200,000 on the pickup. The reason I bought the Prius, is it is a science car, and I have been blabbing on the Internet for years now
    on Geothermal Energy is the future of energy to make oil/coal/gas go obsolete. So I was doing the Talk to Talk but not doing the Walk to Walk. And the fact that I am recovering from cancer, so, may as well learn what the best driving car is, before I
    leave.

I drove it home tonight, and not used to power-brakes. Not used to all that electronics, could not get the back hatch door open. I did like the fact that the headlights are automatic, and that often the brights come on automatically.

I like the automatic more than my manual transmission on the pickup. And I like the smoother ride, whereas the pickup felt every bump in the road. I like the fact that going faster.

But I still find myself mock-shifting gears.

I have to figure out how to charge the batteries, was told I can go almost 30, not quite 30 miles on a charge.

I was looking for the charge dial, how much charge and not found that yet.

The color is blaze red, for they had just one Prius for sale. I would have chosen a purple color, like my pickup.

I am happy with the car, for it has that GPS, which I like so much when going through the big cities.

When I was young, in the 1970s and 1980s, driving through big cities was no big deal, whether my Volkswagen or Toyota, no big deal. But somewhere in time, big cities and there freeways have turned into mini-nightmares, where you are in the 4th lane and
    have to get into the exit lane, just a nightmare. And the designers of freeways are part of the problem. I think what should happen is that all Freeways 25 miles from a big city should have a speed limit of no more than 50 mph.

Alright I feel young, young again. Some activities that you do in life for a long time and then do not do much any more, when you do do them again, makes you feel young again.

Today I noticed AT&T was at 37.44 and GSK was down for no good reason (Brexit?) to 35.06. So, quickly I sold 240 T at 37.45 and with the proceeds bought 256 GSK, gaining 16 free shares of GSK.

This is Switching Campaign at its finest. In other words, forget about paper dollars of anything, paper here paper there. Focus on true real wealth. Today I own 16 Free shares, for I bought those 240 AT&T at more than 37.45, and that means the 16 shares
    of GSK are absolutely free.

You see what I do, I switch in and out of shares, using the accounting never of paper money, but the accounting of stock shares.

People and investors , nearly 99.99 percent use paper money as reckoning. I never do. You see, when they are ahead in paper money, they are really behind, because once you factor in inflation, and then they go out and buy a stock that is doubled, losing
    again. Like an old investor I once knew-- Dr. Franz Pick-- bonds-- people always lose their money in bonds.

Now, it is a lesson extremely difficult to teach, teach anyone whose entire life is shackled and bounded by paper money paper money.

But let me try teaching it again. Only with gold and silver rather than stocks for there is too much math for most people in stocks. But with gold and silver, it is far far easier to explain. And instead of silver let me explain it in gold and platinum.
    Suppose 20 years ago, the price of platinum was 1,000 and gold was 500. and you had 10,000 to invest, so do the smart thing, get rid of the paper and buy 20 gold ounces, now 10 years passes by and gold is 2,000 and platinum is 1,000, so, smart as you are,
    you sell 20 gold ounces and with the proceeds buy 40 ounces of platinum. So, in terms of wealth, you doubled your wealth. Only think about that with stock market where your wealth also pays you dividends while you wait. As Dr. Franz Pick was said--
    people always lose their money in bonds (paper wealth).

sold some AT&T to buy Glaxo, GSK

VZ 2000
    T 25060 -240 = 24820
    GSK 50 +256 = 306

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 13NOV2017 was 27,110 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,126

Recently bought a Toyota Prius, love that car and all its electronics, what a beautiful ride it is. For I never noticed that a pickup seems to pick up every bump in the road, and the gnashing of teeth when I hit a pothole.

Happy Holidays

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to plutonium....@gmail.com on Fri Dec 8 11:12:59 2017
    Today 8 Dec. 2017, sold more AT&T bought GSK. GSK is going down for no good of any reason Brexit, so, why not take advantage thereof.

On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 2:55:13 PM UTC-6, plutonium....@gmail.com wrote: (snipped)

Alright I feel young, young again. Some activities that you do in life for a long time and then do not do much any more, when you do do them again, makes you feel young again.

Today I noticed AT&T was at 37.44 and GSK was down for no good reason (Brexit?) to 35.06. So, quickly I sold 240 T at 37.45 and with the proceeds bought 256 GSK, gaining 16 free shares of GSK.

This is Switching Campaign at its finest. In other words, forget about paper dollars of anything, paper here paper there. Focus on true real wealth. Today I own 16 Free shares, for I bought those 240 AT&T at more than 37.45, and that means the 16
    shares of GSK are absolutely free.

You see what I do, I switch in and out of shares, using the accounting never of paper money, but the accounting of stock shares.

People and investors , nearly 99.99 percent use paper money as reckoning. I never do. You see, when they are ahead in paper money, they are really behind, because once you factor in inflation, and then they go out and buy a stock that is doubled,
    losing again. Like an old investor I once knew-- Dr. Franz Pick-- bonds-- people always lose their money in bonds.

Now, it is a lesson extremely difficult to teach, teach anyone whose entire life is shackled and bounded by paper money paper money.

But let me try teaching it again. Only with gold and silver rather than stocks for there is too much math for most people in stocks. But with gold and silver, it is far far easier to explain. And instead of silver let me explain it in gold and platinum.
    Suppose 20 years ago, the price of platinum was 1,000 and gold was 500. and you had 10,000 to invest, so do the smart thing, get rid of the paper and buy 20 gold ounces, now 10 years passes by and gold is 2,000 and platinum is 1,000, so, smart as you
    are, you sell 20 gold ounces and with the proceeds buy 40 ounces of platinum. So, in terms of wealth, you doubled your wealth. Only think about that with stock market where your wealth also pays you dividends while you wait. As Dr. Franz Pick was said--
    people always lose their money in bonds (paper wealth).

sold some AT&T to buy Glaxo, GSK

PORTFOLIO of PAF on 4DEC2017

VZ 2000
    T 25060 -240 = 24820
    GSK 50 +256 = 306

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 13NOV2017 was 27,110 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,126

Recently bought a Toyota Prius, love that car and all its electronics, what a beautiful ride it is. For I never noticed that a pickup seems to pick up every bump in the road, and the gnashing of teeth when I hit a pothole.

Happy Holidays

Alright, good, today AT&T was ahead of GSK by about $1.50, and seldom is AT&T ahead of GSK. Over in England, they are sorting out a Brexit, which I believe should have never happened in the first place. Anyway, in that silly Brexit is causing its GSK to
    be so under valued as to be laughable.

Today, I sold 1,150 AT&T at 36.51
    Bought 1,204 GSK at 35.12

For a sum total of 54 free shares of GSK

So, no big deal, just wait for the day when GSK is say $5. ahead of AT&T.

Now I been following the drug companies lately and looks like cancer medicine is somewhat good, not overly good, because it is found that the side effects of Merck and Bristol Myers are large side effects. Not sure about NVS Novartis new drug in cancer,
    whether their side effects are small, apparently from recent prices, looks like NVS is the superior drug. Which is rather surprising for MRK use to be the leader in anything, but now, it looks like Europe has become the greatest drug center. Maybe they
    have far more researchers in Europe, I do not know the reason, but Europe looks to be the champion of drugs. So GSK is looking excellent, not in cancer but in viral diseases, and its price today at $35. is far far undervalued.

PORTFOLIO of PAF on 8DEC2017  

VZ   2000
    T   23,670
    GSK  1510

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 4DEC2017 was 27,126 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,180 , today is 8DEC2017

Love my new Prius, the world is slowly going all electrical, and especially as we harness GEOTHERMAL energy, will the world go all electrical, and good riddance to that unhealthy dirty polluting fossil fuel oil, coal, gas. I now see the day when people
    can breathe clean air, once again of the 1970s when after a rainstorm, felt like a person was reborn anew in crystal clean air. I remember in the mountains in the West, clean fresh air. Those days are no more.

Happy Holidays

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 11 12:22:37 2017
    PORTFOLIO of PAF on 8DEC2017  

VZ   1800
    T   23,670
    GSK  1800

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 8DEC2017 was 27,180 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,270 , today is 11DEC2017

Today I did another switch campaign, seeing that GSK is down for really no-good-reason, other than Brexit.

So, I sold 200 VZ and with the proceeds bought 290 shares of GSK. So, in effect I own 90 free shares of GSK which otherwise I could never have had. Now, be patient, wait for GSK to rise above the price of VZ, then, at this future date, switch back. This
    is what Von Neumann would call the Optimal Strategy of Playing the Stockmarket. Let the stocks, themselves, do the buying and selling.

Now, in prior post I commented on cancer drugs, for Bristol Myers and Merck and Novartis are in a fight over who has the best. Apparently NVS, Novartis has the best. It used to be that Merck would end up with the very best, and because it does not at
    this time, to me, anyway, means the pivot of the best pharmaceuticals has pivoted to Europe. Apparently, the best researchers are now in Europe. And, well, Glaxo is still Europe.

I do not know how in the world the Novartis cancer drug zoomed so far in advance, way way way over the technology of the Merck or BMY cancer research, but it has. It is like having model T cars, and all of a sudden there is a Toyota Prius for sale.

It would be fascinating to have medical historians just relate to the history of how in the world can you have primitive cancer drugs of BMY and MRK, and then up pops such an advanced cancer drug by NVS. I have followed drug companies for most of my life,
    most. And quite frankly I never seen such a scene like this, where everyone wants a good cancer drug, and here comes one that is not just a "bit different" than the others, but is 1000 X different and better.

So, please, tell us this fascinating story, how this came to be, that in the past, everyone wanted in on the newest latest new drug and all would have a fraction tiny bit difference. But on cancer drugs-- we have a drug that is 1,000 Times better.

Maybe the reason GSK is down, is not only Brexit, but that it too was caught off guard by Novartis's cancer drug.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 6 14:44:45 2018
    PORTFOLIO of PAF on 6MAR2018

VZ   1800
    T   23,720
    GSK  1800
    NVS 50

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 11DEC2017 was 27,270 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,370 , and today is 6MAR2018

For all the time I have played the Stock Market, in drugs, Merck was king, their science was on top. However, Europe now has the king of pharmacy-- Novartis. The Novartis cancer drugs are the best in the world, making Merck and Bristol Myers cancer drugs
    looking pitifully short in science acumen.

Now I had some excess cash back and February and was trying to catch those several days where the market slid a 1,000 points or more. Unfortunately I like to sleep in late and missed those two days of huge falls.

One thing nice about spending excess cash every 3 months is that I need to spend it before the next inflow, so that I get some dividend from the cash. With that in mind, I today bought 50 shares of Novartis at 81.47 and bought 50 shares of AT&T at 36.84.

Novartis novel new cancer drug Kymriah just pushes all other cancer drugs off to the side as inferior science.

And ironic that the origins of Kymriah goes back to Univ. Pennsylvania here in the USA.

So, the king of pharmacy is Novartis in Switzerland.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 12 19:05:35 2018
    PORTFOLIO of PAF on 12APR2018

VZ   1800
    T   23,920
    GSK  1700
    NVS  10

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 6MAR2018 was 27,370 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,430 , and today is 12APR2018

Classic Switch Campaign today, for AT&T is depressed while GSK ran up a swift rise, a spread of $5 between AT&T. So today I sold 40 of NVS at 81.74 and sold 100 GSK at 40.84 and with the proceeds bought 200 of AT&T at 35.32

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 1 13:03:32 2018
    PORTFOLIO of PAF on 1MAY2018

VZ 1800
    T 24,100
    GSK 1700
    NVS 10

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 12APR2018 was 27,430 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,610 , and today is 1MAY2018

Alright, May1, eternal spring, if I had to chose a month that all the year round would be like-- in other words, a favorite month, it would be May for the feeling of robustness, of getting up and out and doing things, after being cooped up for a winter.
    But then, if I picked May as being the weather for the entire year, then I would have no more winter and thus May would not be so tantalizing.

Anyway, down to business, today with excess cash, bought 180 more shares of AT&T, some at 32.45 and some at 32.43.

Now why is AT&T so depressed in price? It is because they want to buy Time Warner, but it looks as though the USA Justice dept is trying to block them. Which is funny for DT is trying to buy Sprint, and it appears no Justice dept blocking there.

So, AT&T is down for no good reason at all, and that is the best time to buy a company. I wish I only had more excess cash today.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 3 01:25:36 2018
    Newsgroups: sci.math
    Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 01:21:10 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: AT&T more #662 Optimal Strategy of Playing the StockMarket via
    VonNeumann Game Theory
    Injection-Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 08:21:11 +0000

AT&T more #662 Optimal Strategy of Playing the StockMarket via VonNeumann Game Theory

PORTFOLIO of PAF on 2MAY2018

VZ   1800
     T   24,140
    GSK  1700
    NVS  10

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 1MAY2018 was 27,610 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,650 , and today is 2MAY2018

Price is so cheap on AT&T, decided to get 40 more shares at 32.03.

The cheap price on AT&T is because-- in my opinion-- Trump's idiocy presidency is that he is going to spank all the companies he had any grudge against-- and thus thwarting AT&T from buying Time Warner. Most people thought Trump would be good for
    business, no, for Trump is too old to think clearly on how to make business work, and now that he is president, all his childish revenges are played out. Trump is chaos for business and for stock market. Just today was word that automakers do not know
    what to plan for, as Trump goes one way on emissions and California and other states go another way. So business is in a deep freeze as long as Trump is in office. Ironic, so many voters thought Trump would fix business, and now we see he is business
    worst nightmare. Running a country is not like running a corner shack in New York.

And say, when is Trump building that Mexico wall? I hope Trump does not think that he can run on a 2020 platform promising a wall, if you cannot do it in his first 4 years. Voters are dumb-- they put Trump in, but not that dumb.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05