• Public Donations-- schools, minimum appreciation to donors// more share

From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 16 12:24:47 2016
    Portfolio of PAF on 16AUG2016

VZ     1,800

T      25,170

GSK          20

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 30JUN2016 was 26,820 
and total share-wealth-units today 26,990

real-estate land 3APR03 of 1 lot $16,500.
    real-estate land Sept05 another lot $75,000.

Alright the switching campaign with AT&T and GSK was short lived, so far, in that GSK never fell, but that once time in which I managed to get 20 shares.

In the news recently was a huge fall by BMY on its Opdivo cancer drug that failed in lung cancer extension, and which MRK rose sharply on its Keytruda cancer drug. The drug industry is not as smooth and steady as the telecom, but rather, more of a roller
    coaster.

Today, with excess cash, I bought 170 more shares of AT&T at 42.27.

Now I am going to start to post about CHARITY DONATIONS, since this foundation is giving in a big way, since I have cancer myself.

Now I want to give to my alma maters, but found that they are backwards in donation giving. Sure, they have alumni type of magazines that they print, but not really conducive to donations.

I am going to set a Minimum Standard for schools and donors to "good causes" like medicine.

I require as my standard, that of Public TV, PBS. Recently I gave a $1,000. to South Dakota PBS and was published my name of Plutonium Atom Foundattion, Archimedes Plutonium, in at least 2 or 3 or even more times upcoming for that one gift. You see, they
    have monthly program guides which PBS can publish names of donors.

So, what I require as minimum donating for large sums is the PBS give back-- name recognition.

My alma maters want to just send me a "thank you letter" and some discounts at some restaurants. To me, that is not adequate appreciation of Donors. To me, I want some lasting name recognition, for anyone in 100 years or 1000 years from now can get a
    hold of PBS publication of 2016 and see that I did indeed give generously.

A thank you note is not enough.

A name over a door or passageway is only as good as the building, and buildings are torn down.

A name in the Dean's office is not good enough.

So, why are Colleges and Universities handicapping donors, why are they being backwards in appreciation of donors? I think it is because no-one told them-- they can do a better job.

For example, one of my alma maters is Utah State U and the other is Univ Cincinnati, and I wanted to give both of them $1,000 apiece for this year. Until I found out that they do not publish names of donors in any of their magazines like the quarterly
    Utah State. The quarterly Utah State is perfect for its last pages being a recognition of donors of $1,000 or more for that quarter or year. If PBS can give name recognition, colleges and universities should do the same.

Colleges and Universities should not be so "miserly" and give out only a thank-you letter or commercial discounts. If PBS can set a minimum of appreciation, then colleges and universities should meet that minimum standard-- name recognition in a
    published magazine.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 28 12:34:55 2016
    more GSK #644 Optimal Strategy of Playing the StockMarket via VonNeumann Game Theory

Portfolio of PAF on 28NOV2016

VZ     1,800

T      25,300

GSK         110

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 2NOV2016 was 27,120 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,210

Alright with extra cash on hand, I bought 90 more shares of GSK at $38.39 per share. It is the cheapest stock I am following. I think the pharma industry is worried what the new president will do. Lobbying seems to have taken a hit since the election.
    What could happen is that government takes over pharma industry in the same manner that Medicare has taken over the Health and Hospital industry of constant price adjustments on bills. It is heading in that direction anyway as Medicare tries to cope with
    costs. If it can be done on hospital and health-- price adjustments, it can be done on pharma. It is the solution for universal Health Insurance-- the govt. adjusts the prices. The days of lobbying out of price adjustments is soon to end.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 16 12:43:23 2016
    Public Donations-- schools, minimum appreciation to donors// more shares of AT&T

Portfolio of PAF on 16SEP2016

VZ     1,800

T      25,200

GSK          20

total share-wealth-units last reported which was 16AUG2016 was 26,990 
and total share-wealth-units today 27,020

Alright with extra cash on hand, I bought 30 more shares of AT&T at $40. per share. It is the cheapest stock I am following. And I do not like the number 26,990 and prefer 27,020.

Last time I wrote about Charity Donation giving, and so far, the Public TV, PBS has their act together with giving donors name recognition, and I will continue to donate to them. However, it is disheartening to find colleges and universities, for the
    majority of them, who do not have their act together and continue to ask for donations without so much as giving donors any name recognition. Sure, they want to give you a letter of thanks and want to give you discounts on area restaurants, but really,
    why cannot colleges and universities give name recognition in the minimal standard that PBS state program guides give. Most every college and university publishes a quarterly alumni magazine or some magazine and can include donors names in that magazine.

So, Colleges, Universities across the USA, why are you so stingy, so miserly, so parsimonious, so cheap in recognition, so penurious in recognition. I almost feel that colleges and universities want all their donors to be anonymous so no name is ever
    cited in a magazine and no thank you note is even required saving 50 cents in postage stamp. This is most sad because I want to give yearly to my alma maters, but they want to never put in print a name recognition. Seems real funny that charitable
    organizations such as schools want donations but also, want to have to do -- nothing in return.

Now I am going to start to post about CHARITY DONATIONS, since this foundation is giving in a big way, since I have cancer myself.

Now I want to give to my alma maters, but found that they are backwards in donation giving. Sure, they have alumni type of magazines that they print, but not really conducive to donations.

I am going to set a Minimum Standard for schools and donors to "good causes" like medicine.

I require as my standard, that of Public TV, PBS. Recently I gave a $1,000. to South Dakota PBS and was published my name of Plutonium Atom Foundattion, Archimedes Plutonium, in at least 2 or 3 or even more times upcoming for that one gift. You see, they
    have monthly program guides which PBS can publish names of donors.

So, what I require as minimum donating for large sums is the PBS give back-- name recognition.

My alma maters want to just send me a "thank you letter" and some discounts at some restaurants. To me, that is not adequate appreciation of Donors. To me, I want some lasting name recognition, for anyone in 100 years or 1000 years from now can get a
    hold of PBS publication of 2016 and see that I did indeed give generously.

A thank you note is not enough.

A name over a door or passageway is only as good as the building, and buildings are torn down.

A name in the Dean's office is not good enough.

So, why are Colleges and Universities handicapping donors, why are they being backwards in appreciation of donors? I think it is because no-one told them-- they can do a better job.

For example, one of my alma maters is Utah State U and the other is Univ Cincinnati, and I wanted to give both of them $1,000 apiece for this year. Until I found out that they do not publish names of donors in any of their magazines like the quarterly
    Utah State. The quarterly Utah State is perfect for its last pages being a recognition of donors of $1,000 or more for that quarter or year. If PBS can give name recognition, colleges and universities should do the same.

Colleges and Universities should not be so "miserly" and give out only a thank-you letter or commercial discounts. If PBS can set a minimum of appreciation, then colleges and universities should meet that minimum standard-- name recognition in a
    published magazine.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05