• Brexit, now Brentrance, only this time, replace pound-sterling with Eur

From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jun 25 23:41:11 2016
    It is my belief that UK was never really a part of EU so long as it had its own currency.

Brexit was a huge mistake for Britain and as the German chancellor said, "let us not be nasty in leaving".

So I propose that EU be cordial and invite UK back, since their economic suffering with a leave is going to get worse, with jobs lost and with little investment. Britain is now making itself a "hermit economy" and hermit nation. Even Scotland is now re-
    opening its Leave of Britain, and how ironic is that.

So I propose that the smart people of UK quickly draft up a second referendum that nullifies the first one and which asks to come back into the EU and to show some "good faith" that the UK will now discard pound sterling in favor of the Euro dollar.

One of the centerpieces of economic activity is that London was a economic hub of the world, but since it is asking to leave the EU, it now is faced with the prospect that London is a backwater Financial district, not a financial hub.

So, please, British, wake up and re-do what you have torn down. Call for a second referendum-- call it Brentrance and in good faith have the Euro dollar replace the pound sterling.

AP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 27 11:18:30 2016
    It feels to me, that with Brexit, that the British Isles are now floating away, like a speeding up continental drift, away from Europe and heading for a new location, nearer to Cuba or thereabouts. Anyone else have this sort of sensation from Brexit.

Can someone please answer this question. Did the Brexit referendum require the approval of PM Cameron in order to have taken place at all? You see, what I am confused about is why would David Cameron ever allow a referendum if he was opposed to its
    outcome of leaving the EU. And where that referendum could only result in a outcome worse than the status quo.

You see my question? Cameron had nothing to gain from the voting and everything to lose.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)