• Solution?

From rb.rb642@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 2 17:45:43 2018
    The other night while as I lay half awake and half asleep I came up with a solution to the world's money problems. I quickly woke up and after thinking about it all for a while I thought I'd never forget what seemed at that time to be at once an
    ingenious yet obvious solution to poverty and funding obstacles so didn't bother to get up to write it down. That was a mistake because I couldn't remember what it was I had in mind later on after I woke up. Now I am struggling to remember what it was.
    Although I am not sure this is what I had in mind that day, here is one possible solution to the problem of poverty:

First, let me begin by explaining an oft unnoticed peculiarity about money using a story. A tourist drives through a small impoverished town that hasn't seen any actual cash in years and where everybody owes somebody else in the town $100 decides to rent
    a hotel room for the night to get some rest before continuing the journey. The tourist pays for the room in cash using a $100 bill. The hotel owner then takes that $100 and pays the bellhop $100 owed in backpay, dissolving the debt. The bellhop then
    takes the $100 bill to a mechanic to pay a $100 debt. The mechanic then takes that money and uses it to pay off the person they owe. So on and so forth until everybody in the small town has paid off their $100 debt, all within an hour of the tourist
    booking the room. By coincidence, the money ends up back in the hands of the hotel owner because the last person in the town who owed anybody money owed the hotel owner.

But within that hour the tourist got a message something unexpected and urgent has come up requiring an immediate departure before the room was made available so can't stay the night. The tourist manages to get a refund from the hotel owner and departs
    with the $100 bill. So, although the tourist didn't actually spend the money at the town but instead basically just allowed everybody to handle it and pass it around like a magic talisman which somehow absolved everybody of their debt by virtue of simply
    being quickly exchanged from person to person like a hot potato, it had the same effect as if it had been spent as far as everybody in the town was concerned.

Long story short, money can be shared just like a tool. When you aren't using it somebody else can use it. So long as it is available to you when you need it then you don't have any reason to complain if somebody else uses it when you aren't using it.
    Now, imagine we put that fact to use by setting up a system where people can park their money when they aren't using it and allow other people to use it to pay their debts or pay for what they need just like the townspeople in the above story. This is
    actually what banks do with money you put into checking or savings accounts. They lend your unused money to borrowers. So, I know this will work if we do the same and create an alternative (and less restrictive) system which exists to lend people's
    otherwise idle money to those in need of money.

This might not seem like it would work if only a fraction of the population stored their money in such a repository, because there is no guarantee that the lent money will end up back in the repository to be available to the depositor unless the last
    person to receive that money also stores it in the repository. But this would actually work if EVERYBODY stored their unused money in the same place because then your money is guaranteed to end up back in the repository whenever it is exchanged (
    especially if the money is digital money which exists only in repository accounts or a cryptocurrency which exists on a blockchain) since everybody stores there money in this repository.

So, let's create such a repository where everybody does exactly that. Then everybody would have as much money available to them as is stored in this repository. Who wouldn't want to participate in this? Who wouldn't want all the money in the repository
    available to them? Just to make a point, if this repository kept all the money available, let's say all the money in the world, then everybody would effectively have all the money in the world available to them in exchange for merely putting whatever
    they have (regardless of how little it may be) into the system.

But the repository doesn't need to have all the money in the world stored in it. It can merely be a nation's bank with all of the nation's money in it or it can even simply be a cryptocurrency blockchain where only a portion of a nation's or world's
    wealth is stored. Whatever is in that repository then becomes what is available to any member who needs it. If only $1000 is stored in the repository that is what is available to every member. If all the money in the known world is stored in the
    repository then that is what is available to everybody participating in this system. The members participating in this system become like the people in that small town in the story which prefaced this idea. They will be able able to pay off their debts
    and buy whatever they need in exchange for keeping their unused money (or cryptocurrency) in this system of wealth sharing.

Even if only a small amount of wealth is stored in the system one can make multiple staggered serial payments (using the same stored value) which adds up to the required amount. For example, if one needs $1 million dollars but there is only $1000 in the
    system one merely needs to pay the $1000 in the system 1000 times to whomever requires it. That then adds up to the required 1 million dollars. This may seem like cheating since it is like giving somebody 1000 dollars then taking it from their pocket
    without them noticing to create the illusion that you were giving them an additional $1000 but the fact is that it is very likely that some of the money you use to pay off a credit card debt (for example) is actually some of the same money you used to
    pay last months bills which coincidentally managed to somehow make it back into your pocket so to speak. Indeed, the same money will circulate many times through the same hands to pay off a debt because money is finite in quantity and flows through a
    community in a circular manner like water flowing through a circular network of pipes as opposed to a one way path. The only difference between my idea and the existing economic system is that in the existing system recirculation of money through the
    same channels happens chaotically or coincidentally by pure chance whereas my system deliberately causes it to happen.

This is merely a rough idea meant to serve as a guideline to a better economic system which has the power to end poverty and funding obstacles. It may sound like a ponzi scheme but it isn't because a ponzi scheme fraudulently claims to return people's
    investment in the form of fraudulently reported profits purportedly generated from investing the investors money in various ventures when in fact the claimed profits are never actually generated but instead older investors are paid with newer investors
    money. I am making no claim of generating profits from the investment money. Rather, I am telling you up front that the money you receive is coming from other investors investment into the system. If it is a ponzi scheme it is an honest ponzi scheme
    which is guaranteed to never fail to deliver what it promises to deliver. Call it a ponzi scheme if you insist but then you must call banks ponzi schemes. My idea is more trustworthy than a bank.

There is no reason to fear this idea of mine because the system can be designed to prevent depletion of available funds without depriving anyone of the right to access the funds (unlike a bank). In fact, with a cryptocurrency system, one can prevent the
    wealth in the system from ever leaving the system by not allowing conversion to cash or other forms of payment. This would be accomplished by preventing more than one person using all of the funds available to make a payment or transfer into somebody
    elses "wallet" at any given time.

While it may seem to some this will cause an economic collapse I insist it will allow communities to prosper like never before because people will be spending more than ever before. In the end, everybody benefits, with employees receiving higher wages.
    Additionally, science and technology will progress at an accelerated rate thanks to great ideas never being hindered by funding obstacles.

Perhaps I am wrong though and this idea will cause technological society as we know it to collapse because people will refuse to work since they will not need to work. If so, then so be it because it will mean humans will be freed from slavery, free to
    return to their true nature, free to return to how nature intended for them to live: in harmony with nature like the animals do as opposed to trying to become godlike through technologies which are ultimately destroying the ecosystem and all life on
    earth including humankind. But I don't expect this to cause an economic collapse by eliminating people's incentive to work because I believe artificial intelligence and robotics technology is already sufficiently advanced to replace human labor (although
    I believe it is also suppressed and hidden in from the public sector because the existing economy or rather those empowered by the existing economy are not yet ready for advanced robots to replace human labor since that itself would mean the end of money
    as we know it and also an end to the power money endows the wealthy few). I believe this idea for an alternate economic system I've proposed will simply force the advanced AI and robotics technology to replace human labor (if not force out of suppression
    and hiding in black ops projects and into the public eye).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)