• Bye for now.

From Daud Deden@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 8 12:26:58 2022
    When a forum has no active post moderation and/or when some members lack maturity, fools can rule.

Thanks to members interested in balanced scientific discussions with me.

A six month vacation from Talkorigins, Sci.bio.paleontology & Sci.anthropolgy.paleo sounds good to me.

I'll continue to participate in Sci.lang.

DD

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From erik simpson@21:1/5 to daud....@gmail.com on Thu Dec 8 12:48:16 2022
    On Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 12:26:59 PM UTC-8, daud....@gmail.com wrote:
    When a forum has no active post moderation and/or when some members lack maturity, fools can rule.

A six month vacation from Talkorigins, Sci.bio.paleontology & Sci.anthropolgy.paleo sounds good to me.

DD
    Completely understand.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JTEM@21:1/5 to daud....@gmail.com on Thu Dec 8 19:58:08 2022
    daud....@gmail.com wrote:

Which amongst the BEVY of post made under this particular alter would you consider your most valuable contribution to discussion?

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/703123684715577344

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Peter Nyikos@21:1/5 to daud....@gmail.com on Fri Dec 9 18:46:38 2022
    On Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 3:26:59 PM UTC-5, daud....@gmail.com wrote:

I'm sorry to hear this. When you and Mario joined sci.bio.paleontology, it was a lot worse than it is now.
    The worst fool by far, Oxyaena, vanished from both sci.bio.paleontology and talk.origins
    almost a year ago, and has never returned.

Shortly after you first showed up, Oxyaena accused you and Mario of being victims of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.
    But IIRC you and Mario had a good time making fun of her for it.

That said, I cannot really fault you for your decision. I myself was gone from both talk.origins
    and sci.bio.paleontology for about six months beginning late last December. I was too wrapped
    up in battling Russian trolls who spread lies about Ukraine to return to posting here.

More spectacularly, I left both groups for almost seven years, mid-2001 to December 2010,
    but I realized on my return that I had made a big mistake: sci.bio.paleontology was almost extinct,
    whereas it had been several times more robust when I had left than it is even now .

DD

I do hope you return here before a year has gone by. You've been an asset to us.

Peter Nyikos

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05