• For Peter

From Daud Deden@21:1/5 to Daud Deden on Sun Sep 12 20:52:18 2021
    On Sunday, September 12, 2021 at 11:43:00 PM UTC-4, Daud Deden wrote:
    On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 4:59:36 PM UTC-4, Oxyaena wrote:
    Forwarding it here in case Professor Asshat doesn't see it.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
    Subject: For Peter
    Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 16:58:45 -0400
    Newsgroups: talk.origins

You, Peter, said that there are no fossils of any gliding mammals or flying mammals prior to the first appearance of bats in the fossil
    record. You're wrong here, as usual. We actually have fossils of gliding mammals dating back as far as the Mesozoic, ever hear of *Volaticotherium*, Peter? I doubt it, considering your recent comments
    on the subject, lol:

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature05234
    Nice catch Oxyaena. I claimed that modern gliders are all plant eaters, but didn't think of ancient insectivorous gliders.

Highly specialized insectivorous dentition and a sizable patagium (flying membrane) for gliding flight. The patagium is covered with dense hair and supported by an elongated tail and limbs; the latter also bear many features adapted for arboreal life.
    This discovery extends the earliest record of gliding flight for mammals to at least 70 million years earlier in geological history...

(Sorry for misspelling)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Daud Deden@21:1/5 to Oxyaena on Sun Sep 12 20:42:58 2021
    On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 4:59:36 PM UTC-4, Oxyaena wrote:
    Forwarding it here in case Professor Asshat doesn't see it.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
    Subject: For Peter
    Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 16:58:45 -0400
    Newsgroups: talk.origins

You, Peter, said that there are no fossils of any gliding mammals or
    flying mammals prior to the first appearance of bats in the fossil
    record. You're wrong here, as usual. We actually have fossils of gliding mammals dating back as far as the Mesozoic, ever hear of
    *Volaticotherium*, Peter? I doubt it, considering your recent comments
    on the subject, lol:

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature05234

Nice catch Oxyeana. I claimed that modern gliders are all plant eaters, but didn't think of ancient insectivorous gliders.

Highly specialized insectivorous dentition and a sizable patagium (flying membrane) for gliding flight. The patagium is covered with dense hair and supported by an elongated tail and limbs; the latter also bear many features adapted for arboreal life.
    This discovery extends the earliest record of gliding flight for mammals to at least 70 million years earlier in geological history...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)