summer school in Montreal: Large-Scale Astrophysics: Galaxies & Beyond
From Jonathan Thornburg [remove -animal@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 4 13:49:12 2018
LARGE-SCALE ASTROPHYSICS: GALAXIES AND BEYOND
19 -- 21 June 2018
The Centre for Research in Astrophysics of Quebec (CRAQ) is announcing its annual Summer School, which will be held on June 19-21, 2018 in Montreal, Quebec.
*** Deadline for registration is April 30, 2018 ***
This year's topic is "Large-Scale Astrophysics: galaxies and beyond". This 3-day school will focus on our understanding of galaxies, including galaxy dynamics and populations, their environments and the use of galaxies as cosmological probes. The summer school will include formal lectures from
local and international experts in the field.
The CRAQ Summer School is principally aimed at graduate students in the
fields of physics, astronomy, and astrophysics, although students who have completed an undergraduate program in physics will also be accepted.
Topics and instructors:
* Introduction to galaxies -- Daryl Haggard (McGill University)
* Galaxy evolution: local galaxies -- Kristine Spekkens (Royal Military College of Canada)
* Galaxy evolution: distant galaxies -- Sarah Gallagher (Western University)
* Numerical methods for galaxies -- Hugo Martel (Universit=C3=A9 Laval)
* Clusters of galaxies -- Tracy Webb (McGill University) & Julie Hlavacek-Larrondo (Universit=C3=A9 de Montr=C3=A9al)
* Galaxies/galaxy clusters as cosmological probes -- Adrian Liu & Matt Dobbs (McGill University)
* Galaxies in the era of JWST -- Ren=C3=A9 Doyon (Universit=C3=A9 de Montr=C3=A9al)