• Cloudynights regiments the DPAC tests

From RichA@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 25 14:27:58 2023
    I notice they put customer's DPAC tests of refractors to one of the sticky threads and locked it. I figure they did it when tests were not exactly flattering to a few brands. An Astro-Tech (guys who own Cloudynights) scope showed an notable turned
    edge, so much so it should be masked off and a very expensive CFF apo showed a surface profile no better than the average (and I mean, "average") Chinese $2000 scope. To their CREDIT, they did not delete any of the tests which are a good service for
    prospective buyers.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From AB@21:1/5 to RichA on Tue Jul 25 18:09:36 2023
    On 7/25/23 5:27 PM, RichA wrote:
    I notice they put customer's DPAC tests of refractors to one of the sticky threads and locked it. I figure they did it when tests were not exactly flattering to a few brands. An Astro-Tech (guys who own Cloudynights) scope showed an notable turned
    edge, so much so it should be masked off and a very expensive CFF apo showed a surface profile no better than the average (and I mean, "average") Chinese $2000 scope. To their CREDIT, they did not delete any of the tests which are a good service for
    prospective buyers.

Soon, information like this will be irrelevant. Once the world's
    economy collapses, most telescopes will be a worthless paperweight.

You seem like you might own some very good telescopes. If I were to
    advise you, I'd say sell now and turn the cash into something
    worthwhile, such as precious metals. That way, you won't be stuck once everything goes....

All my telescopes were sold over the last two years and the revenue
    invested in precious metals.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)