• Artificial Ignorance (A.I.)

From Gerald Kelleher@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 2 13:29:11 2023
    An individual is made up of a reasoning side and a perceptive side which normally is in balance or is highly present in creative and productive people.

Solar system, Earth sciences or larger research areas are normally supplemented by visual narratives whereas these awful theorists have been playing with wordplay for centuries without any need to produce graphics or imaging to support their contrived
    notions.

When I began here, there was only the visual affirmation of direct/retrograde motions of the slower-moving out planets as seen from the faster-moving Earth-

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap011220.html

I introduced, with the help of a tracking satellite, the different direct/retrograde perspectives for the faster-moving planets as seen for a slower-moving Earth-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2uCtot1aDg

The theorists don't have a leg to stand on as they can't support their convictions in old and new terms-

"For to the Earth planetary motions appear sometimes direct, sometimes stationary, nay, and sometimes retrograde. But from the Sun they are
    always seen direct,..." Newton

That was the original chatbot, words without knowledge and perspectives without justification apart from his noisy followers. These thugs are the worst but their days are numbered.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Gerald Kelleher@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 11 15:39:36 2023
    Back 40 years ago when climate change modelling was just beginning to appear and before computers as we know them were in existence, mathematicians were drawing attention to mathematical modelling in relation to physical creation-

“A Langrangian is not a physical thing;it is a mathematical thing – a
    kind of differential equation to be exact.But physics and maths are so
    closely connected these days that it is hard to separate the numbers
    from the things they describe. In fact, a month after [Philip]
    Morrison’s remarks, Nobel Prize winner Burton Richter of the Stanford
    Linear Accelerator Center said something that eerily echoed it: ”
    Mathematics is a language that is used to describe nature” he said
    “But the theorists are beginning to think it is nature. To them the Lagrangians are the reality ” Discover Magazine,1983

Nowadays, these Lagrangians are called ‘Numerical Atmospheric-dispersion Modelling Environment’ ( by the Met Office) so if anyone is concerned about AI, they should put themselves in my shoes for the last 30 years in dealing with the disruptive
    effect mathematical modelling has on society.

How to pull society back to a reasoning/perceptive balance when students have the perceptive side obliterated during their school days is problematic as few even know the limitations of mathematical reasoning and mathematical modelling.

I had fun with chatGPT with garbage in/garbage out in mind when it comes to the same interpretative functions and higher reasoning faculties of humanity as it is predictable as most here in this newsgroup are.

If readers bought into the computer-generated hallucination that is climate change modelling then they will miss the joke of artificial intelligence and yes, even its dangers.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)