• Polaris as a orbital feature.

From Gerald Kelleher@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 1 12:34:05 2023
    One of the lovelier outcomes of Polaris equating with the North pole as a surface reference is that every position on the surface of the Earth also has a corresponding star.

As the North pole doesn't rotate as a function of diurnal rotation while keeping a fixed orientation to Polaris across an orbit, when diurnal rotation is subtracted entirely, every point of the surface has a fixed external reference in like manner to
    Polaris as a function and trait of the Earth's orbital motion.

I imagine someday, discovering the external reference star for any location on the surface will be a competitive endeavour but then again, maybe not.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rod Mollise@21:1/5 to kellehe...@gmail.com on Sun Feb 5 10:41:31 2023
    On Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 2:34:07 PM UTC-6, kellehe...@gmail.com wrote:
    One of the lovelier outcomes of Polaris equating with the North pole as a surface reference is that every position on the surface of the Earth also has a corresponding star.

As the North pole doesn't rotate as a function of diurnal rotation while keeping a fixed orientation to Polaris across an orbit, when diurnal rotation is subtracted entirely, every point of the surface has a fixed external reference in like manner to

I imagine someday, discovering the external reference star for any location on the surface will be a competitive endeavour but then again, maybe not.

I check in on sci.astro.amateur every few years to see how it's going.

Alas, doesn't look like anything has changed in recent times.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gerald Kelleher@21:1/5 to Rod Mollise on Sun Feb 5 11:42:00 2023
    On Sunday, February 5, 2023 at 6:41:33 PM UTC, Rod Mollise wrote:
    On Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 2:34:07 PM UTC-6, kellehe...@gmail.com wrote:

I check in on sci.astro.amateur every few years to see how it's going.

Alas, doesn't look like anything has changed in recent times.

The best I can say is that it is good to see you alive.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Gerald Kelleher@21:1/5 to Gerald Kelleher on Sun Feb 5 11:57:13 2023
    On Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 8:34:07 PM UTC, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

Right Ascension/Declination is the framework that sent many previous contributors to this newsgroup running away to the safety of the moderated forums, as their exercise is more about the ability of their instruments than a genuine interest in their
    solar system surroundings or larger structures. I will say nothing about the present forum members apart from that they have their own thing going and are best left to their own devices with their general complaints.

Every location on the planet within a certain area has a unique stellar or galactic designation, just as Polaris identifies a place on the North pole on the surface where daily rotation is absent. It reflects how the planet orbits the central Sun;
    however, the perceptive abilities based on visual narratives have to be extremely developed to perceive this conclusion and are best left alone without the primary conclusion. That conclusion is that the stars change position from left to right of the
    Sun as a function of the orbital motion of the Earth-

https://sol24.net/data/html/SOHO/C3/96H/VIDEO/

When daily rotation is included, the stars change from an evening to morning appearance just as Saturn is presently moving from left to right of the Sun, partly because the Earth moves faster. so will eventually show up as a morning appearance within a
    few weeks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05