• stellarvue 140mm

From Alan Abele@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 21 17:18:28 2022
    just took delivery , stellarvue140mm.....a word on my background...by age fifteen i completed construction of my home-made 16inch reflector...f-4.5....my parents supported my astronomy by purchasing a lathe and milling machine for me when i was in the
    fourth grade.

you could assume that i understand machinery....and, i can tell you that the stellarvue scope is drop-dead fantastic....would i purchase another stellarvue? yes, absolutely....this instrument s actually beautiful.....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From StarDust@21:1/5 to Alan Abele on Mon Nov 21 18:26:05 2022
    On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 5:18:33 PM UTC-8, Alan Abele wrote:
    just took delivery , stellarvue140mm.....a word on my background...by age fifteen i completed construction of my home-made 16inch reflector...f-4.5....my parents supported my astronomy by purchasing a lathe and milling machine for me when i was in the
    fourth grade.

you could assume that i understand machinery....and, i can tell you that the stellarvue scope is drop-dead fantastic....would i purchase another stellarvue? yes, absolutely....this instrument s actually beautiful.....

Not cheap, $10k?
    Cost more than my used BMW 525i!
    🤑😲☹

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From palsing@21:1/5 to Alan Abele on Mon Nov 21 19:06:21 2022

fourth grade.

I had the privilege of observing with Vic Marin (owner of Stellarvue) in 2006 when we both were part of a contingent lucky enough to spend a weekend using the 82" at McDonald Observatory in Texas...

http://www.pnalsing.com/82-report

... and we first met in the dining hall at the Astronomer's Lodge there, before our first observing session, and I told him (with a big smile on my face) that he made "great finder scopes"! We have been friends ever since, Vic is a wonderful human being.

Enjoy your new toy!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan Abele@21:1/5 to palsing on Mon Nov 21 22:39:07 2022
    On Monday, November 21, 2022 at 10:06:23 PM UTC-5, palsing wrote:
    just took delivery , stellarvue140mm.....a word on my background...by age fifteen i completed construction of my home-made 16inch reflector...f-4.5....my parents supported my astronomy by purchasing a lathe and milling machine for me when i was in
    the fourth grade.

I had the privilege of observing with Vic Marin (owner of Stellarvue) in 2006 when we both were part of a contingent lucky enough to spend a weekend using the 82" at McDonald Observatory in Texas...

... and we first met in the dining hall at the Astronomer's Lodge there, before our first observing session, and I told him (with a big smile on my face) that he made "great finder scopes"! We have been friends ever since, Vic is a wonderful human
    being.

Enjoy your new toy!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan Abele@21:1/5 to palsing on Mon Nov 21 22:43:12 2022
    just took delivery , stellarvue140mm.....a word on my background...by age fifteen i completed construction of my home-made 16inch reflector...f-4.5....my parents supported my astronomy by purchasing a lathe and milling machine for me when i was in
    the fourth grade.

... and we first met in the dining hall at the Astronomer's Lodge there, before our first observing session, and I told him (with a big smile on my face) that he made "great finder scopes"! We have been friends ever since, Vic is a wonderful human
    being.

Enjoy your new toy!
    alan abele...my experience with stellarvue and vic...absolutely top rate in every respect....the 140mm, expensive and worth it...now, having used it for a few weeks...i would be happy to have spent more for the scope

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan Abele@21:1/5 to Alan Abele on Mon Nov 21 22:50:11 2022
    On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 1:43:14 AM UTC-5, Alan Abele wrote:
    the fourth grade.

being.

Enjoy your new toy!
    alan abele...my experience with stellarvue and vic...absolutely top rate in every respect....the 140mm, expensive and worth it...now, having used it for a few weeks...i would be happy to have spent more for the scope
    i have to say...you folks certainly have active minds! my first experience here

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan Abele@21:1/5 to Alan Abele on Mon Nov 21 22:48:30 2022
    On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 1:43:14 AM UTC-5, Alan Abele wrote:
    the fourth grade.

being.

Enjoy your new toy!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RichA@21:1/5 to fineartsph...@gmail.com on Thu Nov 24 00:25:14 2022
    On Monday, 21 November 2022 at 20:18:33 UTC-5, fineartsph...@gmail.com wrote:
    fourth grade.

Nice to see they repatriated the optical fabrication to the U.S.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05