• I think...

From StarDust@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 19 13:27:46 2021
    U28gSSdtIGFsaXZlIQ0K8J+klPCfpJfwn5GN

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Sjouke Burry@21:1/5 to StarDust on Mon Sep 20 07:40:01 2021
    On 19.09.21 22:27, StarDust wrote:
    So I'm alive!
    🤔🤗👍

Hardly.............

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From StarDust@21:1/5 to Sjouke Burry on Mon Sep 20 06:11:06 2021
    On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 10:42:03 PM UTC-7, Sjouke Burry wrote:
    On 19.09.21 22:27, StarDust wrote:
    So I'm alive!
    🤔🤗👍

Hardly.............

Ja!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IM2C-C4fiw

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chris L Peterson@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 20 08:01:00 2021
    On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 13:27:46 -0700 (PDT), StarDust <csoka01@gmail.com>
    wrote:

So I'm alive!
    ???

As a solipsist, my position is that I think, therefore you are.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From StarDust@21:1/5 to Chris L Peterson on Mon Sep 20 08:53:45 2021
    On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 7:01:02 AM UTC-7, Chris L Peterson wrote:
    On Sun, 19 Sep 2021 13:27:46 -0700 (PDT),
    wrote:

So I'm alive!
    ???

As a solipsist, my position is that I think, therefore you are.

You are right Chris!
    Life is good!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdPG82DTqhM

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From StarDust@21:1/5 to kellehe...@gmail.com on Mon Sep 20 09:27:53 2021
    On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 9:21:20 AM UTC-7, kellehe...@gmail.com wrote:
    I suspect some people have forgotten the feeling of being alive and the connection between the individual and the Universal which they pass through. Reasoning and imagination are secondary to the experiences from sorrow to joy and the many gifts we
    have, not how we see ourselves or others as the old Anglo-Saxons thought, but how we face our challenges with good spirit/inspiration-

" And now, brother, listen to the conclusion. Above all the graces and all the gifts of the Holy Spirit which Christ grants to his friends, is the grace of overcoming oneself, and accepting willingly, out of love for Christ, all suffering, injury,
    discomfort and contempt; for in all other gifts of God we cannot glory, seeing they proceed not from ourselves but from God, according to the words of the Apostle, "What hast thou that thou hast not received from God? and if thou hast received it, why
    dost thou glory as if thou hadst not received it? " St Francis of Assisi

People of talents and gifts don't dwell on what they have nor expect anything other the the joy of sharing what is part of them but does not belong to them.

Are you by chance an AstroNut, preacher?
    Looks like!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kelleher.gerald@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 20 09:21:19 2021
    I suspect some people have forgotten the feeling of being alive and the connection between the individual and the Universal which they pass through. Reasoning and imagination are secondary to the experiences from sorrow to joy and the many gifts we have,
    not how we see ourselves or others as the old Anglo-Saxons thought, but how we face our challenges with good spirit/inspiration-

" And now, brother, listen to the conclusion. Above all the graces and all the gifts of the Holy Spirit which Christ grants to his friends, is the grace of overcoming oneself, and accepting willingly, out of love for Christ, all suffering, injury,
    discomfort and contempt; for in all other gifts of God we cannot glory, seeing they proceed not from ourselves but from God, according to the words of the Apostle, "What hast thou that thou hast not received from God? and if thou hast received it, why

People of talents and gifts don't dwell on what they have nor expect anything other the the joy of sharing what is part of them but does not belong to them.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kelleher.gerald@gmail.com@21:1/5 to StarDust on Mon Sep 20 11:58:27 2021
    On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 5:27:55 PM UTC+1, StarDust wrote:
    I suspect some people have forgotten the feeling of being alive and the connection between the individual and the Universal which they pass through. Reasoning and imagination are secondary to the experiences from sorrow to joy and the many gifts we
    have, not how we see ourselves or others as the old Anglo-Saxons thought, but how we face our challenges with good spirit/inspiration-

Looks like!

Ah Mr StarDust, a microscope has the same value for you as a telescope in terms of magnification and identification but talent is also a part of solar system and Earth science research in the ability to put observations into context. It is a talent or a
    gift we admire in others as it tells us about ourselves and what we are capable of-

"When a natural discourse paints a passion or an effect, one feels
    within oneself the truth of what one reads, which was there before,
    although one did not know it. Hence one is inclined to love him who
    makes us feel it, for he has not shown us his own riches, but ours.
    And thus this benefit renders him pleasing to us, besides that such
    community of intellect as we have with him necessarily inclines the
    heart to love." Pascal

You can own the Hubble telescope and it won't put you within the astronomical tradition, so no preaching or teaching here, just the simple astronomical lesson that is as clear today as when it was originally written-

“You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself.” ― Galileo

We are a long way from "I think therefore..."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From StarDust@21:1/5 to kellehe...@gmail.com on Mon Sep 20 21:32:37 2021
    On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 11:58:29 AM UTC-7, kellehe...@gmail.com wrote:

Looks like!
    Ah Mr StarDust, a microscope has the same value for you as a telescope in terms of magnification and identification but talent is also a part of solar system and Earth science research in the ability to put observations into context. It is a talent or
    a gift we admire in others as it tells us about ourselves and what we are capable of-

And thus this benefit renders him pleasing to us, besides that such community of intellect as we have with him necessarily inclines the
    heart to love." Pascal

You can own the Hubble telescope and it won't put you within the astronomical tradition, so no preaching or teaching here, just the simple astronomical lesson that is as clear today as when it was originally written-

“You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself.” ― Galileo

One can't have everything, like the Hubble and microscope the same time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-DmjswT1EY

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kelleher.gerald@gmail.com@21:1/5 to StarDust on Mon Sep 20 22:32:48 2021
    On Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 5:32:38 AM UTC+1, StarDust wrote:
    I suspect some people have forgotten the feeling of being alive and the connection between the individual and the Universal which they pass through. Reasoning and imagination are secondary to the experiences from sorrow to joy and the many gifts
    we have, not how we see ourselves or others as the old Anglo-Saxons thought, but how we face our challenges with good spirit/inspiration-

Looks like!
    Ah Mr StarDust, a microscope has the same value for you as a telescope in terms of magnification and identification but talent is also a part of solar system and Earth science research in the ability to put observations into context. It is a talent
    or a gift we admire in others as it tells us about ourselves and what we are capable of-

within oneself the truth of what one reads, which was there before, although one did not know it. Hence one is inclined to love him who
    And thus this benefit renders him pleasing to us, besides that such community of intellect as we have with him necessarily inclines the
    heart to love." Pascal

One can't have everything, like the Hubble and microscope the same time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-DmjswT1EY

Well Mr StarDust, your needs are as simpe as that of the infant for while the baby looks for his soother you look for a telescope to give you satisfaction. I well understand that this is fine but eventually the baby sets the soother aside and becomes an
    adult.

It is why someone like the brilliant Galileo was talented enough to recognise the telescope as the innovation it is within context of solar system and Earth science research-

"SAGR. Oh, Nicholas Copernicus, what a pleasure it would have been for
    you to see this part of your system confirmed by so clear an
    experiment [telescope] !
    SALV. Yes, but how much less would his sublime intellect be celebrated
    among the learned! " Galileo

In any case, you are content to remain at the soother stage and there is nothing wrong with that even if people can do better.

Lovely YouTube video by the way.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From StarDust@21:1/5 to kellehe...@gmail.com on Tue Sep 21 17:56:28 2021
    On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 10:32:49 PM UTC-7, kellehe...@gmail.com wrote:
    I suspect some people have forgotten the feeling of being alive and the connection between the individual and the Universal which they pass through. Reasoning and imagination are secondary to the experiences from sorrow to joy and the many
    gifts we have, not how we see ourselves or others as the old Anglo-Saxons thought, but how we face our challenges with good spirit/inspiration-

" And now, brother, listen to the conclusion. Above all the graces and all the gifts of the Holy Spirit which Christ grants to his friends, is the grace of overcoming oneself, and accepting willingly, out of love for Christ, all suffering,
    injury, discomfort and contempt; for in all other gifts of God we cannot glory, seeing they proceed not from ourselves but from God, according to the words of the Apostle, "What hast thou that thou hast not received from God? and if thou hast received it,
    why dost thou glory as if thou hadst not received it? " St Francis of Assisi

Looks like!
    Ah Mr StarDust, a microscope has the same value for you as a telescope in terms of magnification and identification but talent is also a part of solar system and Earth science research in the ability to put observations into context. It is a talent
    or a gift we admire in others as it tells us about ourselves and what we are capable of-

"When a natural discourse paints a passion or an effect, one feels within oneself the truth of what one reads, which was there before, although one did not know it. Hence one is inclined to love him who makes us feel it, for he has not shown us his own riches, but ours.
    And thus this benefit renders him pleasing to us, besides that such community of intellect as we have with him necessarily inclines the heart to love." Pascal

Well Mr StarDust, your needs are as simpe as that of the infant for while the baby looks for his soother you look for a telescope to give you satisfaction. I well understand that this is fine but eventually the baby sets the soother aside and becomes
    an adult.

It is why someone like the brilliant Galileo was talented enough to recognise the telescope as the innovation it is within context of solar system and Earth science research-

experiment [telescope] !

In any case, you are content to remain at the soother stage and there is nothing wrong with that even if people can do better.

I heard, Galileo built his first telescope to look it girls boobs at the beach and not for the stars?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kelleher.gerald@gmail.com@21:1/5 to StarDust on Wed Sep 22 00:56:49 2021
    On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 1:56:29 AM UTC+1, StarDust wrote:
    I suspect some people have forgotten the feeling of being alive and the connection between the individual and the Universal which they pass through. Reasoning and imagination are secondary to the experiences from sorrow to joy and the many
    gifts we have, not how we see ourselves or others as the old Anglo-Saxons thought, but how we face our challenges with good spirit/inspiration-

" And now, brother, listen to the conclusion. Above all the graces and all the gifts of the Holy Spirit which Christ grants to his friends, is the grace of overcoming oneself, and accepting willingly, out of love for Christ, all suffering,
    injury, discomfort and contempt; for in all other gifts of God we cannot glory, seeing they proceed not from ourselves but from God, according to the words of the Apostle, "What hast thou that thou hast not received from God? and if thou hast received it,

Looks like!
    Ah Mr StarDust, a microscope has the same value for you as a telescope in terms of magnification and identification but talent is also a part of solar system and Earth science research in the ability to put observations into context. It is a
    talent or a gift we admire in others as it tells us about ourselves and what we are capable of-

"When a natural discourse paints a passion or an effect, one feels within oneself the truth of what one reads, which was there before, although one did not know it. Hence one is inclined to love him who makes us feel it, for he has not shown us his own riches, but ours. And thus this benefit renders him pleasing to us, besides that such community of intellect as we have with him necessarily inclines the heart to love." Pascal

Well Mr StarDust, your needs are as simpe as that of the infant for while the baby looks for his soother you look for a telescope to give you satisfaction. I well understand that this is fine but eventually the baby sets the soother aside and becomes
    an adult.

experiment [telescope] !
    SALV. Yes, but how much less would his sublime intellect be celebrated among the learned! " Galileo

I heard, Galileo built his first telescope to look it girls boobs at the beach and not for the stars?

You sure have a wonderful affection for infants and women's boobs.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From StarDust@21:1/5 to kellehe...@gmail.com on Wed Sep 22 12:52:00 2021
    On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 12:56:51 AM UTC-7, kellehe...@gmail.com wrote:

Looks like!
    Ah Mr StarDust, a microscope has the same value for you as a telescope in terms of magnification and identification but talent is also a part of solar system and Earth science research in the ability to put observations into context. It is a
    talent or a gift we admire in others as it tells us about ourselves and what we are capable of-

"When a natural discourse paints a passion or an effect, one feels within oneself the truth of what one reads, which was there before, although one did not know it. Hence one is inclined to love him who makes us feel it, for he has not shown us his own riches, but ours. And thus this benefit renders him pleasing to us, besides that such community of intellect as we have with him necessarily inclines the heart to love." Pascal

One can't have everything, like the Hubble and microscope the same time!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-DmjswT1EY
    Well Mr StarDust, your needs are as simpe as that of the infant for while the baby looks for his soother you look for a telescope to give you satisfaction. I well understand that this is fine but eventually the baby sets the soother aside and
    becomes an adult.

"SAGR. Oh, Nicholas Copernicus, what a pleasure it would have been for you to see this part of your system confirmed by so clear an
    experiment [telescope] !
    SALV. Yes, but how much less would his sublime intellect be celebrated among the learned! " Galileo

At one time you did it too!!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K7VvIm2ijs

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kelleher.gerald@gmail.com@21:1/5 to StarDust on Wed Sep 22 13:02:57 2021
    On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 8:52:01 PM UTC+1, StarDust wrote:
    On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 12:56:51 AM UTC-7, kellehe...@gmail.com wrote:
    I suspect some people have forgotten the feeling of being alive and the connection between the individual and the Universal which they pass through. Reasoning and imagination are secondary to the experiences from sorrow to joy and the
    many gifts we have, not how we see ourselves or others as the old Anglo-Saxons thought, but how we face our challenges with good spirit/inspiration-

injury, discomfort and contempt; for in all other gifts of God we cannot glory, seeing they proceed not from ourselves but from God, according to the words of the Apostle, "What hast thou that thou hast not received from God? and if thou hast received
    it, why dost thou glory as if thou hadst not received it? " St Francis of Assisi

Looks like!

"When a natural discourse paints a passion or an effect, one feels within oneself the truth of what one reads, which was there before,
    heart to love." Pascal

Well Mr StarDust, your needs are as simpe as that of the infant for while the baby looks for his soother you look for a telescope to give you satisfaction. I well understand that this is fine but eventually the baby sets the soother aside and
    becomes an adult.

"SAGR. Oh, Nicholas Copernicus, what a pleasure it would have been for you to see this part of your system confirmed by so clear an experiment [telescope] !

At one time you did it too!!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K7VvIm2ijs

Well Mr StarDust, in your case 'I suck therefore I am'.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From StarDust@21:1/5 to kellehe...@gmail.com on Wed Sep 22 12:24:18 2021

Looks like!

becomes an adult.

"SAGR. Oh, Nicholas Copernicus, what a pleasure it would have been for you to see this part of your system confirmed by so clear an
    experiment [telescope] !

Aren't they fun?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From StarDust@21:1/5 to kellehe...@gmail.com on Wed Sep 22 14:56:26 2021
    On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 1:02:59 PM UTC-7, kellehe...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 8:52:01 PM UTC+1, StarDust wrote:
    I suspect some people have forgotten the feeling of being alive and the connection between the individual and the Universal which they pass through. Reasoning and imagination are secondary to the experiences from sorrow to joy and the
    many gifts we have, not how we see ourselves or others as the old Anglo-Saxons thought, but how we face our challenges with good spirit/inspiration-

" And now, brother, listen to the conclusion. Above all the graces and all the gifts of the Holy Spirit which Christ grants to his friends, is the grace of overcoming oneself, and accepting willingly, out of love for Christ, all
    suffering, injury, discomfort and contempt; for in all other gifts of God we cannot glory, seeing they proceed not from ourselves but from God, according to the words of the Apostle, "What hast thou that thou hast not received from God? and if thou hast
    received it, why dost thou glory as if thou hadst not received it? " St Francis of Assisi

Looks like!
    Ah Mr StarDust, a microscope has the same value for you as a telescope in terms of magnification and identification but talent is also a part of solar system and Earth science research in the ability to put observations into context. It is
    a talent or a gift we admire in others as it tells us about ourselves and what we are capable of-

heart to love." Pascal

becomes an adult.

you to see this part of your system confirmed by so clear an experiment [telescope] !

At one time you did it too!!!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K7VvIm2ijs
    Well Mr StarDust, in your case 'I suck therefore I am'.

Jawohl!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVsiKNTipj4

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Quadibloc@21:1/5 to StarDust on Sun Sep 26 17:55:27 2021
    On Sunday, September 19, 2021 at 2:27:48 PM UTC-6, StarDust wrote:
    So I'm alive!

Rene Descartes would agree with you.

John Savard

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05