• June Solstice

From kelleher.gerald@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 22 23:32:42 2022
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2022/06/20/solstice-summer-longest-day-june/

I recently noticed that some academics are doing their level best to catch up to speed with cyclical weather (seasons) and the underlying cause as two surface rotations acting in combination. The result, as expected, is a convoluted mess are generally
    tortured narratives.

Just as there is sunrise, noon and sunset every day as the planet turns once, so there is an annual version with a surface rotation responsible for each individual cycle. Where the two surface rotations combine, we get the seasons, so the expanding and
    contracting circles with the North/South poles at their centre make for a new and exciting approach with visual information from satellites looking back towards the Earth or out at other planets affirming the new perspective every step of the way.

There is really nothing difficult about this new perspective with the help of contemporary imaging so while I understand the irritation of those who just wish to keep the weather forum as a short term speculative pursuit, weather also must have its
    foundations in more definite terms. I have been on the newsgroups for 27 years or so and know all too well how a topic for consideration can be disrupted by all sorts of poor behaviour, including 'cr*pflooding', which dumps disjointed and idiosyncratic
    narratives into a disciplined consideration. The first instance of this was Newton and his meaningless attempt to 'define' time, space and motion for his followers-

https://gravitee.tripod.com/definitions.htm#time

In short, it is a bad character who attempts to muddy perspectives by appearing to know about topics which they have little or no understanding of yet frighten readers enough that the genuinely curious are distracted or do not follow disciplined
    narratives and especially visual narratives.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)