• Tools of sight part I

From Doc Martian@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jul 27 21:15:39 2021
    Tools of Sight.

See this part as active worknotes, the whole thing is to some extent. I'll be shuffling the parts around, for clarity, also, some elements will be re-emphasized for comprehension. I'm not making it complex because I tried that already. A part of me
    really wants to get up to Joshua Tree, that's the nearest pool that I'm aware of. There may be one in Hemet as well. The Joshua Tree one though, is where the first Native American petroglyphs that I've seen 'in situ' are, and the metates there are the
    most likely sighting pools. Now, Barker Dam is near there, and the reservoir may have had a good reflective watercourse with like a short throw phase conjugate mirror. I'm leaning to the metates though. There are some around Gobekli Tepe, my guess (this
    is an Art class, remember) is that they were used as sighting scopes for the larger pools constructed there. I'd posit that there was great skill in creating these metates. Although as with the 'hearths' they may have been repurposed later. My guess is
    that the metates required more digging to show to a community so the hearth concept developed.
    I'll be photographing only. Measurements are likely too. I'm not so concerned with like a form from the metates because as I indicated the precise lines may have been ground later with the tejolete.
    I'm especially interested in that frieze because it has an extruded frontal motif. The same as the Sphinx. There's a Chinese one too. Yangshan.
    That's enough for now. Although, you might take a look at Nero and his sighting crystal. Also, The Famine Stela. The biggest artifact pool I'm aware of? The Colosseum. Naval battles a convenient repurposing.
    I like this intro. It covers a range. I'll be going deep though, because I like to have like a mid-range standard introduction even to those in scientific professions. A lingua franca of sorts. This is new stuff. Sometimes even for me. You'll definitely
    have a grasp of how to explain this to bankers as well as the current edge of the field. That field being Abstract Cartography.
    Obsidian is the likely second tool developed and I've often found obsidian beds and/or volcanic action near the earliest art emplacements. Around the time of limestone aggregate cultures mirrors and gems become involved. As well as reflective pyramidions.
    #moma #stockholmuniversity #ucberkeley #royalastronomicalsociety #nortonsimon #helleynahmad #archaeocartography #BeijingU #cambridge #oxford #nytimes

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)