• Did Homo erectus speak?

From Holy Ghost@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 5 05:15:23 2018
    On Sunday, January 11, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Steve Barnard wrote: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sci.anthropology.paleo/1RDXwTOWTdk
    Jgissw wrote:

I'm reading Ancestors by the Johansons and Edgar, in between trying to comprehend Stiner. It remarks that Bob Brain may have found that fire was in
    use by 1 Mya, and that Ann Mclaren felt that Turkana boy probably couldn't speak because his spinal cavity was too small. Johanson is pretty fair about
    presenting opposing views, but this is a popularization, and was written several years ago. Has anyone any comments on it?

I suppose you should define a little more precisely what you mean by "speak." If you're asking whether H.e. spoke a complex, grammatical language like modern humans the answer almost certainly must be "no."
    If you're asking whether H.e. could communicate far better than, say, chimpanzees, my guess is that they probably could, but I have no idea
    how we'd ever be able to find out. (I suppose we could just ask Paul
    :-)

I can't see how an argument based on the anatomy of the spinal cavity
    could be definitive about this.

Steve Barnard

Universal Magnetic Field
    LANGUAGE: The last UMR proof H. erectus Spoke?

The last 13 Universal Magnetic Reversals (UMRs):
    ages shown in million (MM) years before present

UMR - 0.000 - 0.000 - Krishna/Moses universal magnetic reversal*
    UMR - 0.000 - 0.780 - Brunhes/Matuyama universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 0.990 - 1.070 - Jaramillo universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 1.770 - 1.950 - Olduvai universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 2.140 - 2.150 - Laouzi/Buddha universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 2.581 - 3.040 - Matuyama/Gauss universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 3.110 - 3.220 - Jesus/Muhammad universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 3.330 - 3.580 - Gauss/Gilbert universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 4.180 - 4.290 - Cochiti universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 4.480 - 4.620 - Nunivak universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 4.800 - 4.890 - Sidufjall universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 4.980 - 5.230 - Thvera universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 5.894 - 6.137 - Smith/Moroni universal magnetic reversal

*the Krishna/Moses UMR currently propagating

Homo erectus -> Homo sapien
    Back to the Oral Tradition
    The Center for Studies in Oral Tradition
    Hinduism 'Oral tradition'
    Taoism Daoism 'Oral tradition'
    Buddhism 'Oral tradition'
    'Oral tradition' of Islam

Vedas, author Krishna
    Vol 1.
    Three days of darkness, the stars lose their light,

Old Testament, author Moses
    Vol. 2.
    Isaiah 13:10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
    Ezekiel 32:7 And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.
    Joel 2:10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
    Joel 3:15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

Tao Te Ching, author Laozi
    Vol. 3.

Tripitaka, author Buddha
    Vol. 4.

New Testament, author Jesus
    Vol. 5.
    Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
    Jude 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
    Revelation 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the
    night likewise.

Qur'an, author Muhammad
    Vol. 6.
    Al-Qiyama (The Resurrection) 75:8 And the moon becomes dark,
    Al-Mursalat (The Sent Forth) 77:8 So when the stars are made to lose their light,
    At-Takwir (The Folded Up) 81:2 And when the stars darken,

Mormon, author Smith
    Vol. 7.
    2 Nephi 23:10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light; the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
    Helaman 14:20 But behold, as I said unto you concerning another sign, a sign of his death, behold, in that day that he shall suffer death the sun shall be darkened and refuse to give his light unto you; and also the moon and the stars; and there shall be
    no light upon the face of this land, even from the time that he shall suffer death, for the space of three days, to the time that he shall rise again from the dead.
    3 Nephi 8:22 And there was not any light seen, neither fire, nor glimmer, neither the sun, nor the moon, nor the stars, for so great were the mists of darkness which were upon the face of the land.

Universal Magnetic Field

Vol 1. Vedas, author Krishna
    Vol 2. Old Testament, author Moses
    Vol 3. Tao Te Ching, author Laozi
    Vol 4. Tripitaka, author Buddha
    Vol 5. New Testament, author Jesus
    Vol 6. Qur'an, author Muhammad
    Vol 7. Mormon, author Smith

Holy Ghost

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From G-D@21:1/5 to Holy Ghost on Tue Nov 6 21:20:12 2018
    On Monday, November 5, 2018 at 7:15:24 AM UTC-6, Holy Ghost wrote:
    On Sunday, January 11, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Steve Barnard wrote: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sci.anthropology.paleo/1RDXwTOWTdk
    Jgissw wrote:

I'm reading Ancestors by the Johansons and Edgar, in between trying to comprehend Stiner. It remarks that Bob Brain may have found that fire was in
    use by 1 Mya, and that Ann Mclaren felt that Turkana boy probably couldn't
    speak because his spinal cavity was too small. Johanson is pretty fair about
    presenting opposing views, but this is a popularization, and was written several years ago. Has anyone any comments on it?

I suppose you should define a little more precisely what you mean by "speak." If you're asking whether H.e. spoke a complex, grammatical language like modern humans the answer almost certainly must be "no."
    If you're asking whether H.e. could communicate far better than, say, chimpanzees, my guess is that they probably could, but I have no idea
    how we'd ever be able to find out. (I suppose we could just ask Paul
    :-)

I can't see how an argument based on the anatomy of the spinal cavity could be definitive about this.

Steve Barnard

Universal Magnetic Field

The last 13 Universal Magnetic Reversals (UMRs):
    ages shown in million (MM) years before present

UMR - 0.000 - 0.000 - Krishna/Moses universal magnetic reversal*
    UMR - 0.000 - 0.780 - Brunhes/Matuyama universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 0.990 - 1.070 - Jaramillo universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 1.770 - 1.950 - Olduvai universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 2.140 - 2.150 - Laouzi/Buddha universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 2.581 - 3.040 - Matuyama/Gauss universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 3.110 - 3.220 - Jesus/Muhammad universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 3.330 - 3.580 - Gauss/Gilbert universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 4.180 - 4.290 - Cochiti universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 4.480 - 4.620 - Nunivak universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 4.800 - 4.890 - Sidufjall universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 4.980 - 5.230 - Thvera universal magnetic reversal
    UMR - 5.894 - 6.137 - Smith/Moroni universal magnetic reversal

*the Krishna/Moses UMR currently propagating

Homo erectus -> Homo sapien
    Back to the Oral Tradition
    The Center for Studies in Oral Tradition
    Hinduism 'Oral tradition'
    Taoism Daoism 'Oral tradition'
    Buddhism 'Oral tradition'
    'Oral tradition' of Islam

Vedas, author Krishna
    Vol 1.

Old Testament, author Moses
    Vol. 2.
    Isaiah 13:10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
    Ezekiel 32:7 And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.
    Joel 2:10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
    Joel 3:15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

Tao Te Ching, author Laozi
    Vol. 3.

Tripitaka, author Buddha
    Vol. 4.

New Testament, author Jesus
    Vol. 5.
    Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
    Jude 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
    Revelation 8:12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the
    night likewise.

Qur'an, author Muhammad
    Vol. 6.
    Al-Qiyama (The Resurrection) 75:8 And the moon becomes dark,
    Al-Mursalat (The Sent Forth) 77:8 So when the stars are made to lose their light,
    At-Takwir (The Folded Up) 81:2 And when the stars darken,

Mormon, author Smith
    Vol. 7.
    2 Nephi 23:10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light; the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
    Helaman 14:20 But behold, as I said unto you concerning another sign, a sign of his death, behold, in that day that he shall suffer death the sun shall be darkened and refuse to give his light unto you; and also the moon and the stars; and there shall
    be no light upon the face of this land, even from the time that he shall suffer death, for the space of three days, to the time that he shall rise again from the dead.
    3 Nephi 8:22 And there was not any light seen, neither fire, nor glimmer, neither the sun, nor the moon, nor the stars, for so great were the mists of darkness which were upon the face of the land.

Universal Magnetic Field

Vol 1. Vedas, author Krishna
    Vol 2. Old Testament, author Moses
    Vol 3. Tao Te Ching, author Laozi
    Vol 4. Tripitaka, author Buddha
    Vol 5. New Testament, author Jesus
    Vol 6. Qur'an, author Muhammad
    Vol 7. Mormon, author Smith

Holy Ghost

Thou shalt dig. Or thou shalt die. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mars_Gold_Ark_Map.jpg
    Ye shalt dig. Or ye shalt die. https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Earth_Gold_Ark_Map.jpg
    I AM Homo erectus I AM.

G-D

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)