• SC Fat and skin parasites

From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 7 00:55:23 2021
    SKIN-CRAWLING
    Most parasites are just an annoyance, like larva migrans, a type of nematode found in civets and forest cats that burrows into the skin. In humans it is stopped from entering the blood stream by sub-cutaneous fat (something not found in most mammals) and
    for a month or so it meanders around under the skin confounded, leaving an itchy red trail until it finally gives up and dies.
    Flora-Fauna site

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From C. H. Engelbrecht@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 7 20:15:56 2021
    tirsdag den 7. september 2021 kl. 09.55.24 UTC+2 skrev DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:
    SKIN-CRAWLING
    Most parasites are just an annoyance, like larva migrans, a type of nematode found in civets and forest cats that burrows into the skin. In humans it is stopped from entering the blood stream by sub-cutaneous fat (something not found in most mammals)

*COUGH* Except aquatics...

and for a month or so it meanders around under the skin confounded, leaving an itchy red trail until it finally gives up and dies.
    Flora-Fauna site

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to C. H. Engelbrecht on Tue Sep 7 22:44:24 2021
    On Tuesday, September 7, 2021 at 11:15:57 PM UTC-4, C. H. Engelbrecht wrote:
    tirsdag den 7. september 2021 kl. 09.55.24 UTC+2 skrev DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:
    SKIN-CRAWLING
    Most parasites are just an annoyance, like larva migrans, a type of nematode found in civets and forest cats that burrows into the skin. In humans it is stopped from entering the blood stream by sub-cutaneous fat (something not found in most mammals)
    *COUGH* Except aquatics...

Hylobatids (gibbons, siamangs) are not aquatics, are arboreal hominoids, with SC fat and fur coat.

and for a month or so it meanders around under the skin confounded, leaving an itchy red trail until it finally gives up and dies.
    Flora-Fauna site

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05