• Reality check

From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 9 14:46:42 2021
    ESSENTIAL READING

One of the longest-standing ideas in human evolution is that the big shift happened when our ancestors left the trees and went out onto the grasslands. In his new book Jungle , archaeologist Patrick Roberts takes a machete to that notion, setting out
    evidence that dense tropical forests have been home to humans and our relatives for millions of years.
    - New Scientist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mario Petrinovic@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 10 00:12:54 2021
    On 9.11.2021. 23:46, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
    ESSENTIAL READING

One of the longest-standing ideas in human evolution is that the big shift happened when our ancestors left the trees and went out onto the grasslands. In his new book Jungle , archaeologist Patrick Roberts takes a machete to that notion, setting out
    evidence that dense tropical forests have been home to humans and our relatives for millions of years.
    - New Scientist

Millions of years is not enough. We have tools for 3.3 my.

--
    https://groups.google.com/g/human-evolution
    human-evolution@googlegroups.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From I Envy JTEM@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 9 15:28:25 2021
    DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

ESSENTIAL READING

One of the longest-standing ideas in human evolution is that the big shift happened when our ancestors left the trees and
    went out onto the grasslands. In his new book Jungle , archaeologist Patrick Roberts takes a machete to that notion,
    setting out evidence that dense tropical forests have been home to humans and our relatives for millions of years.
    - New Scientist

I agree and always have. In fact, I have repeatedly argued that it's exactly how
    Chimps evolved. That, we were one and the same species, and we were, and
    this included a forest population, but that the forest population was moderated by interbreeding with those outside the forest. Then after the split Homo competed against and likely preyed upon the Pan side, at least the ones not hiding in the forest, until forest adaptation were no longer mitigated by breeding
    with populations in the open.

Humans literally created Chimps.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/667412542217502720

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to I Envy JTEM on Wed Nov 10 02:02:36 2021
    On Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 6:28:26 PM UTC-5, I Envy JTEM wrote:
    DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
    ESSENTIAL READING

One of the longest-standing ideas in human evolution is that the big shift happened when our ancestors left the trees and
    went out onto the grasslands. In his new book Jungle , archaeologist Patrick Roberts takes a machete to that notion,
    setting out evidence that dense tropical forests have been home to humans and our relatives for millions of years.
    - New Scientist
    I agree and always have. In fact, I have repeatedly argued that it's exactly how
    Chimps evolved. That, we were one and the same species, and we were, and
    this included a forest population, but that the forest population was moderated
    by interbreeding with those outside the forest. Then after the split Homo competed against and likely preyed upon the Pan side, at least the ones not hiding in the forest, until forest adaptation were no longer mitigated by breeding
    with populations in the open.

Humans literally created Chimps.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/667412542217502720
    Shrimp&chimp jerm wrong again. Homo evolved in the forest.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05