• Dames McGill said there was no water, the moron

From JTEM is so reasonable@21:1/5 to All on Sat Apr 22 18:37:33 2023
    DHA alone proves Aquatic Ape.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/715313108965539840

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 23 03:22:49 2023
    Op zondag 23 april 2023 om 03:37:34 UTC+2 schreef JTEM is so reasonable:

:-)
    I think so, but I'm not 100% sure:
    does DHA automatically enlarge mammalian/primate brains??

Big brains prove AAT.
    POS proves AAT.
    Vernix caseosa does.
    Ear exostoses in erectus do.
    Shell engravings do.
    Etc.etc.etc.: 100s of facts do.

Only *incredible* imbeciles believe their Pleist.ancestors ran after antelopes... :-DDD

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From James McGinn@21:1/5 to littor...@gmail.com on Sun Apr 23 05:03:41 2023
    On Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 3:22:51 AM UTC-7, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
    Op zondag 23 april 2023 om 03:37:34 UTC+2 schreef JTEM is so reasonable:

Big brains prove AAT.
    POS proves AAT.
    Vernix caseosa does.
    Ear exostoses in erectus do.
    Shell engravings do.
    Etc.etc.etc.: 100s of facts do.

Only *incredible* imbeciles believe their Pleist.ancestors ran after antelopes... :-DDD

LOL Neither of you idiots has any business in a scientific discussion.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JTEM is so reasonable@21:1/5 to littor...@gmail.com on Sun Apr 23 08:43:49 2023
    littor...@gmail.com wrote:

JTEM is so reasonable:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3917688/

Got to remember, as important as DHA is to us right now, as
    Dependent as our brains are on DHA, our ancestors were
    MORE not less dependent. They lacked our adaptation that
    Helps us to synthesize it. As poor as we are at it, they lacked
    Our ability so the needed it more in their diet.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 23 11:55:07 2023
    Op zondag 23 april 2023 om 17:43:50 UTC+2 schreef JTEM is so reasonable:

:-) I think so, but I'm not 100% sure:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3917688/

Higher RBC EPA + DHA corresponds with larger total brain and hippocampal volumes
    James V Pottala cs 2014 Neurology 82:435-442 doi 10.1212/WNL.0000000000000080
    Were red blood cell (RBC) levels of marine omega-3 fatty acids (FAs) measured in the Women's Health Initiative Memory Study related to MRI brain volumes measured 8 yrs later?
    RBC eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) & MRI brain volumes were assessed in 1111 postmenopausal women (WHIMS).
    The endpoints were total brain volume & anatomical regions.
    Linear mixed models included multiple imputations of FAs,
    they were adjusted for hormone therapy, time since randomization, demographics, intra-cranial volume (CC) & cardio-vascular disease risk factors.
    Results:
    In fully adjusted models, a 1 SD greater RBC EPA + DHA (omega-3 index) level was correlated with 2.1 cm3 larger CC (p=.048).
    DHA was marginally correlated (p=.063) with total CC, EPA was less so (p=.11).
    There were no correlations between ischemic lesion volumes & EPA, DHA, EPA+DHA.
    A 1 SD greater omega-3 index was correlated with greater hippocampal volume (50 mm3, p=.036) in fully adjusted models.
    Comparing the 4th vs the 1st quartile of the omega-3 index confirmed greater hippocampal volume (159 mm3, p=.034).
    Conclusion:
    A higher omega-3 index was correlated with larger total normal CC & hippocampal volume in post-menopausal women measured 8 yrs later.
    Normal aging results in overall brain atrophy, but lower omega-3 index may signal increased risk of hippocampal atrophy.
    Future studies should examine: does maintaining higher RBC EPA + DHA levels slow the rate of hippocampal or overall brain atrophy?

Got to remember, as important as DHA is to us right now, as dependent as our brains are on DHA, our ancestors were MORE not less dependent. They lacked our adaptation that helps us to synthesize it. As poor as we are at it, they lacked our ability so
    the needed it more in their diet.

OK, thanks a lot, yes, wel possible, but is?was DHA in the diet cause or result? can taking DHA reduce my brain atrophy? what about other spp? what exactly does DHA do in our or other mammals' brains? does the DHA in seafood alone explain Homo's Pleist.
    brain enlargement? etc. There are still too many question marks IMO. But it's certainly an argument for more-aquatic ancestors.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JTEM is so reasonable@21:1/5 to littor...@gmail.com on Sun Apr 23 12:26:51 2023

OK, thanks a lot, yes, wel possible, but is?was DHA in the diet cause or result?

Cause.

can taking DHA reduce my brain atrophy?

It looks like it. Some have suggested it. Three or four servings of Salmon a week
    would be more than enough to see any benefits. I have fish oil, somewhere, I CAN'T
    FIND IT!

A bottle of Cod Liver Oil is... hideous? Yes, that's the word; hideous. The oil "Wicks."
    Which means you pour it into your spoon and then you begin to notice that the entire bottle is covered with the stuff... the smelly stuck... yuck!

If you get like a dropper, a decent sized one, because you want at least a teaspoon
    full, that might help. Then you can hold your breath or hold your nose, squirt it
    towards the back of the mouth and not have to taste that vulgar liquid. Would stll
    help if you had a beer or a Coke or something to cleanse your mouth afterwards...

There's a flavored brand, for children, which I didn't think was bad at all. I got
    strawberry. I didn't exactly taste like garden fresh strawberries but it didn't taste
    like 9 day old fish either...

Too expensive though. Even without a VAT here, it was still over $20 for a small
    bottle. And I kept taking a tablespoon instead of teaspoons, because of the wicking I wanted a larger spoon for the extra space, and the bottle was emptied quickly it seemed...

what about other spp? what exactly does DHA do in our or other mammals' brains? does the DHA in seafood alone explain Homo's Pleist.brain enlargement?
    etc. There are still too many question marks IMO. But it's certainly an argument
    for more-aquatic ancestors.

I don't know everything. I steal this stuff from you guys! They're not my ideas, I
    keep explaining...

The point is that their brains didn't have to grow at all. That's the beauty of the
    model.

Their brains were going to be just as large as genetics would allow, given the high protein, high DHA diet. They were going to max out on brain size. And that probably wasn't very large at all, not at first. BUT, when a mutation allowing for
    larger/smarter brains did crop up, they were good to go. They hit the ground running, gaining immediate benefit.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Apr 24 01:34:56 2023
    Op zondag 23 april 2023 om 21:26:52 UTC+2 schreef JTEM is so reasonable:

OK, thanks a lot, yes, wel possible, but is?was DHA in the diet cause or result?

Cause.

can taking DHA reduce my brain atrophy?

It looks like it. Some have suggested it. Three or four servings of Salmon a week
    would be more than enough to see any benefits. I have fish oil, somewhere, I CAN'T
    FIND IT!

We eat a lot of fish & shellfish, yet my memory is less than it used to be (esp. compared to my wife's).

A bottle of Cod Liver Oil is... hideous? Yes, that's the word; hideous. The oil "Wicks."
    Which means you pour it into your spoon and then you begin to notice that the entire bottle is covered with the stuff... the smelly stuck... yuck!
    If you get like a dropper, a decent sized one, because you want at least a teaspoon
    full, that might help. Then you can hold your breath or hold your nose, squirt it
    towards the back of the mouth and not have to taste that vulgar liquid. Would stll
    help if you had a beer or a Coke or something to cleanse your mouth afterwards...
    There's a flavored brand, for children, which I didn't think was bad at all. I got
    strawberry. I didn't exactly taste like garden fresh strawberries but it didn't taste
    like 9 day old fish either...
    Too expensive though. Even without a VAT here, it was still over $20 for a small
    bottle. And I kept taking a tablespoon instead of teaspoons, because of the wicking I wanted a larger spoon for the extra space, and the bottle was emptied
    quickly it seemed...

what about other spp? what exactly does DHA do in our or other mammals' brains? does the DHA in seafood alone explain Homo's Pleist.brain enlargement?
    etc. There are still too many question marks IMO. But it's certainly an argument
    for more-aquatic ancestors.

I don't know everything. I steal this stuff from you guys! They're not my ideas, I
    keep explaining...
    The point is that their brains didn't have to grow at all. That's the beauty of the
    model.
    Their brains were going to be just as large as genetics would allow, given the
    high protein, high DHA diet. They were going to max out on brain size. And that
    probably wasn't very large at all, not at first. BUT, when a mutation allowing for
    larger/smarter brains did crop up, they were good to go. They hit the ground running, gaining immediate benefit.

When you swim (diving for shellfish etc.), you don't have to carry your brain (the water does that), and you don't have to change head direction often.
    These explain I'd think best why aq.mammals can have rel.larger brains than terrestrial (a fortiori arboreal) mammals?
    But in this view, I don't see the exact role of DHA.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JTEM is so reasonable@21:1/5 to littor...@gmail.com on Mon Apr 24 09:21:55 2023

We eat a lot of fish & shellfish, yet my memory is less than
    it used to be (esp. compared to my wife's).

You need physical activity! Three 20 minute walks a day, or even swimming
    for an hour.

Every day.

Together with the DHA in your diet, you should be great!

Remember too that you are just plain going to attribute everything to age,
    even when it's not. The WORST enemy to memory is preoccupation. If
    your mind is elsewhere when you set down the keys you're never going to remember where you put them. You weren't thinking, they never entered
    your memory in the first place.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/714713784084791296

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 25 01:38:30 2023
    Op maandag 24 april 2023 om 18:21:56 UTC+2 schreef JTEM is so reasonable:

We eat a lot of fish & shellfish, yet my memory is less than
    it used to be (esp. compared to my wife's).

You need physical activity! Three 20 minute walks a day, or even swimming
    for an hour.
    Every day.
    Together with the DHA in your diet, you should be great!
    Remember too that you are just plain going to attribute everything to age, even when it's not. The WORST enemy to memory is preoccupation. If
    your mind is elsewhere when you set down the keys you're never going to remember where you put them. You weren't thinking, they never entered
    your memory in the first place.

Indeed, JTEM... :-(
    Am I preoccupied with the ridiculous worshippers of Sta Savanna here? :-D

But:
    many humans don't have much DHA any more in their diet, but still have brain 3x chimp brains.
    How is that possible if brain size is determined by DHA?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JTEM is so reasonable@21:1/5 to littor...@gmail.com on Tue Apr 25 05:35:03 2023

But:
    many humans don't have much DHA any more in their diet,

Most have less than an optimum amount, yes.

but still have brain 3x chimp brains.

We're also taller than ants.

Comparing humans to humans more than 4k years ago, our
    brains are small. Since the advent of civilization, the invention
    of writing, the human brain is smaller.

How is that possible if brain size is determined by DHA?

The fact is that our brains are made up in great part by DHA.
    Whether we account for it or not, there it is!

Humans, according to the molecular clock people, developed
    are not-very-good means for synthesizing DHA, from ALA, only
    80k years ago. So it's only been since then that a terrestrial
    diet wouldn't starve our brains completely...

Humans have very long childhoods. Our brains grow slowly.
    We can accumulate the DHA over a long period of time...

The thing is, we should be able to spot this DHA issue in the
    fossil record. Homo exceeding 80k years in age and exploiting
    marine resources should have larger brains than Homo of the
    same age exploiting terrestrial resources.

...it's also why I've often argued that the LCA had a larger
    brain than Chimps. As Chimps broke away, adapted to the
    forest, their brains no longer had the high protein, high DHA
    diets...

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/715514590905171968

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05