• Richard Dawkins: The Extended Phenotype

From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 12 16:21:25 2021
    Are there better, short definitions for the following?

genotype: the genomic code of DNA in chromosomes eg. 46 in Homo vs 48 great apes, mutations, jumping genes etc.

phenotype: protein tissue produced by recipe of DNA, alterable behaviour due to changes in production rates eg. feather vs fur vs bare skin, nail vs claw vs hoof

extended phenotype: artefacts produced by organism's behaviour
    eg. beaver lodge, dam; dauber wasp mud tube made for egg nest

---

Shelter changed from tree branch to bowl nest to domeshield to dome hut to new local housing environments, how much was this due to DNA mutation/natural selection vs cumulative culture?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 13 19:48:28 2021
    On Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 7:21:26 PM UTC-4, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
    Are there better, short definitions for the following?

genotype: the genomic code of DNA in chromosomes eg. 46 in Homo vs 48 great apes, mutations, jumping genes etc.

phenotype: protein tissue produced by recipe of DNA, alterable behaviour due to changes in production rates eg. feather vs fur vs bare skin, nail vs claw vs hoof

extended phenotype: artefacts produced by organism's behaviour
    eg. beaver lodge, dam; dauber wasp mud tube made for egg nest, hut

---

Shelter changed from tree branch to bowl nest to domeshield to dome hut to new local housing environments, how much was this due to DNA mutation/natural selection vs cumulative culture?

Post-transition from domeshield to dome hut with porch & hearth. https://youtu.be/VIGxcahREjM mongolu video

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)