• Homo//Pan evolutions

From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 23 06:43:50 2022
    When the red Sea opened into tge Gulf c 5.3 Ma,
    -Homo went left along the Ind.Ocean, e.g. early-Pleistocene H.erectus as far as Java & Flores,
    -Pan went right along the Ind.Ocean, e.g. late-Pliocene more chimp-like inland Au.africanus & early-Pleistocene Au.robustus & more erectus-like Au.habilis (often incorrectly called "Homo": Homo was originally S-Asian, not African).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to littor...@gmail.com on Wed Nov 23 10:03:40 2022
    On Wednesday, November 23, 2022 at 9:43:51 AM UTC-5, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
    -Homo went left along the Ind.Ocean, e.g. early-Pleistocene H.erectus as far as Java & Flores,
    -Pan went right along the Ind.Ocean, e.g. late-Pliocene more chimp-like inland Au.africanus & early-Pleistocene Au.robustus & more erectus-like Au.habilis (often incorrectly called "Homo": Homo was originally S-Asian, not African).

Elaine claimed Afar, Danakil Alps.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JTEM is so reasonable@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 23 12:16:21 2022
    DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

Elaine claimed

So?

Apparently the rest of the world has moved on. It's only you
    SavannaIdiots who are stuck in the past.

Pull your head out of your past!

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/701569038790377472

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 23 12:54:51 2022
    Op woensdag 23 november 2022 om 19:03:41 UTC+1 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:

Elaine claimed Afar, Danakil Alps.

Yes, not a bad guess at the time.
    Elaine also thought our becoming (semi)aquatic caused the Homo/Pan split, but at the time of the split we were identical: at some time(s) after the split we became more aquatic. I'd think mostly (early?)-Pleistocene: why? colder times? more shellfish? ;;;
    ?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05