• human & ape evolution

From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 7 23:19:32 2022
    Here's the correct text (I hope):

Without aquarboreal theory, no AAT.
    Hominoidea=Latisternalia evolved (vs monkeys): very broad sternum+thorax+pelvis = lateral (vs ventral) arms+legs, centrally- (vs dorsally-)placed spine vertical=bipedal=wading+climbing: arms>legs, tail loss, large body etc.:
    aqua=water, arbor=tree: early apes frequently waded+climbed vertically in swamp forests: coastal? mangroves??

Did hominoid evolution begin in the Tethys=Ind.Ocean? Plate tectonics!
    -India approaching Asia initially created archipelagoes, full of coastal forests, colonized by the earliest hominoids.
    -India further underneath Asia split great (W) & lesser (E) apes.
    -Great apes colonized the Tethys Seacoasts.
    -The Mesopotamian Seaway closure c 15 Ma split hominids+dryopiths (W) & pongids+sivapiths (E).
    -Pongids forced hylobatids higher into the trees in SE.Asia.
    -The hominids around the Med.Sea died out 6-5.3 Ma (Messinian Salinity Crisis), only those around the Red Sea survived.
    -Gorilla=Praeanthropus followed the E.Afr.Rift formation after 8 Ma: Lucy etc. -The Zanclean flood 5.3 Ma refilled the Med.Sea & opened the Red Sea into the Ind.Ocean:
    ---Pan=Australopithecus s.s. went right,
    ---Homo went left: Java, Flores etc.

Simple, no? :-)
    But I still don't know: did Homo become shallow divers early-Pleistocene (cooling = more shellfish??), or already Pliocene??

The traditional splitting dates fit perfectly:
    - cercopith/hominid split c 30-35 Ma,
    - great/lesser apes c 20-25 Ma,
    - pongid/hominid c 15 Ma,
    - Gorilla/HP c 8 Ma,
    - Homo/Pan 5.3 Ma.
    The geographic data on hominoids (ape/OWM split in Asia, Pongo & hylobatids now in SE.Asia, P & G in Africa) fit as beautifully.
    All fossil data corroborate this, e.g. the bipedal Trachilos footprints on Crete 5.7 Ma.
    It also explains the viral data (DNA) that Pliocene Homo was in Asia (along the Ind.Ocean coasts).
    And most importantly, it also explains the remarkable if not impossible "absence" of fossil Pan & Gorilla (due to anthropocentric bias):

In my Hum.Evol.papers, 2 different approaches gave (unexpectedly to me) the same results:
    -E.Afr.apiths were morphologically closer to Gorilla than to H or P, -S.Afr.apiths were closer to Pan than to H or G.
    * 1996 HE 11:35-41 "Morphological Distance between Australopithecine, Human and Ape Skulls", based on measurements,
    * 1994 HE 9:121-139 "Australopithecines: Ancestors of the African Apes?", based on descriptions of a lot of different authors.

Apparently, Gorilla // Pan evolved in parallel, incl. knuckle-walking:
    from "gracile" to "robust" to "apelike":
    - Gorilla fossil subgenus Praeanthropus late-Pliocene afarensis, early Pleist.boisei, now low+highland gorilla,
    - Pan fossil subgenus Australopithecus s.s. late-Pliocene africanus, early-Pleist.robustus, now chimp+bonobo.

In short:
    -Mio-Pliocene Hominoidea, google "aquarboreal ancestors",
    -Pleistocene Homo, google "coastal dispersal Pleistocene Homo".

All this is described in detail in my book (Eburon Utrecht NL 2022):
    "De Evolutie van de Mens - waarom wij rechtop lopen en kunnen spreken".

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to littor...@gmail.com on Sat Oct 8 23:07:56 2022
    On Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 2:19:33 AM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
    Here's the correct text (I hope):

Without aquarboreal theory, no AAT.

False, see Hardy, Morgan

Hominoidea=Latisternalia evolved (vs monkeys): very broad sternum+thorax+pelvis = lateral (vs ventral) arms+legs, centrally- (vs dorsally-)placed spine vertical=bipedal=wading+climbing: arms>legs, tail loss, large body etc.:
    aqua=water, arbor=tree: early apes frequently waded+climbed vertically in swamp forests: coastal? mangroves??

Hylobatids never waded.

Did hominoid evolution begin in the Tethys=Ind.Ocean? Plate tectonics!
    -India approaching Asia initially created archipelagoes, full of coastal forests, colonized by the earliest hominoids.
    -India further underneath Asia split great (W) & lesser (E) apes.
    -Great apes colonized the Tethys Seacoasts.
    -The Mesopotamian Seaway closure c 15 Ma split hominids+dryopiths (W) & pongids+sivapiths (E).
    -Pongids forced hylobatids higher into the trees in SE.Asia.
    -The hominids around the Med.Sea died out 6-5.3 Ma (Messinian Salinity Crisis), only those around the Red Sea survived.

The Red Sea dried out, it was connected to the Mediterranean via the Suez gulf. Hominins lived around the Black Sea.

-Gorilla=Praeanthropus followed the E.Afr.Rift formation after 8 Ma: Lucy etc.
    -The Zanclean flood 5.3 Ma refilled the Med.Sea & opened the Red Sea into the Ind.Ocean:

Due to tectonics, not Zanclean flood.

---Pan=Australopithecus s.s. went right,
    ---Homo went left: Java, Flores etc.

Simple, no? :-)

Simple fallacy.

But I still don't know: did Homo become shallow divers early-Pleistocene (cooling = more shellfish??), or already Pliocene??

The traditional splitting dates fit perfectly:
    - cercopith/hominid split c 30-35 Ma,
    - great/lesser apes c 20-25 Ma,
    - pongid/hominid c 15 Ma,
    - Gorilla/HP c 8 Ma,
    - Homo/Pan 5.3 Ma.
    The geographic data on hominoids (ape/OWM split in Asia, Pongo & hylobatids now in SE.Asia, P & G in Africa) fit as beautifully.
    All fossil data corroborate this, e.g. the bipedal Trachilos footprints on Crete 5.7 Ma.
    It also explains the viral data (DNA) that Pliocene Homo was in Asia (along the Ind.Ocean coasts).
    And most importantly, it also explains the remarkable if not impossible "absence" of fossil Pan & Gorilla (due to anthropocentric bias):

In my Hum.Evol.papers, 2 different approaches gave (unexpectedly to me) the same results:
    -E.Afr.apiths were morphologically closer to Gorilla than to H or P, -S.Afr.apiths were closer to Pan than to H or G.
    * 1996 HE 11:35-41 "Morphological Distance between Australopithecine, Human and Ape Skulls", based on measurements,
    * 1994 HE 9:121-139 "Australopithecines: Ancestors of the African Apes?", based on descriptions of a lot of different authors.

Apparently, Gorilla // Pan evolved in parallel, incl. knuckle-walking:
    from "gracile" to "robust" to "apelike":
    - Gorilla fossil subgenus Praeanthropus late-Pliocene afarensis, early Pleist.boisei, now low+highland gorilla,
    - Pan fossil subgenus Australopithecus s.s. late-Pliocene africanus, early-Pleist.robustus, now chimp+bonobo.

In short:
    -Mio-Pliocene Hominoidea, google "aquarboreal ancestors",
    -Pleistocene Homo, google "coastal dispersal Pleistocene Homo".

All this is described in detail in my book (Eburon Utrecht NL 2022):
    "De Evolutie van de Mens - waarom wij rechtop lopen en kunnen spreken".

I don't have enough time to correct the rest...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)