• Neandertals on the Beach

From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 8 15:02:11 2022
    Neandertals on the beach:
    use of marine resources at Grotta dei Moscerini (Latium, Italy)
    Paola Villa cs 2020
    doi org/10.1371/journal.pone.0226690

Excavated in 1949, Grotta dei Moscerini (MIS 5 to early MIS 4) is 1 of 2 Italian Hn sites, with 171 retouched shells from 21 layers.
    The other occurrence is from the broadly contemporaneous layer L of Grotta del Cavallo, S-Italy (n=126).
    8 other Mousterian sites in Italy & 1 in Greece also have shell-tools, but in a very small nr.
    The shell-tools are made on valves of the smooth clam Callista chione.
    The general idea that the valves of Callista chione were collected by Hn on the beach after the death of the mollusk, is incomplete.
    At Moscerini, 23.9 % of the spms were gathered directly from the sea-floor, as live animals, by skin-diving Hn.
    Archaeological data from sites in Italy, France & Spain confirm:
    shell fishing & fresh-water fishing was a common activity of Hn, as indicated by anatomical studies recently published by E.Trinkaus.(ear exostoses --mv)
    Lithic analysis provides data to show the relation between stone tools & shell tools.

Several layers contain pumices, derived from volcanic eruptions in the Ischia Island or the Campi Flegrei (prior to the Campanian Ignimbrite mega-eruption).
    Their rounded edges indicate: they were transported by sea-currents to the beach at the base of the Moscerini sequence.
    Their presence in the occupation layers above the beach is discussed.
    The most plausible hypothesis: they were collected by Hn.
    Incontrovertible evidence that Hn collected pumices is provided by a cave in Liguria.
    Use of pumices as abraders is well documented in the Upper Paleolithic.
    We prove: the exploitation of submerged aquatic resources & pumice collection common in the Upper Paleolithic were part of Hn behavior, well before Hs arrival in W-Europe.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to littor...@gmail.com on Thu Sep 8 16:43:39 2022
    On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 6:02:12 PM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
    Paola Villa cs 2020
    doi org/10.1371/journal.pone.0226690

Excavated in 1949, Grotta dei Moscerini (MIS 5 to early MIS 4) is 1 of 2 Italian Hn sites, with 171 retouched shells from 21 layers.
    The other occurrence is from the broadly contemporaneous layer L of Grotta del Cavallo, S-Italy (n=126).
    8 other Mousterian sites in Italy & 1 in Greece also have shell-tools, but in a very small nr.
    The general idea that the valves of Callista chione were collected by Hn on the beach after the death of the mollusk, is incomplete.
    At Moscerini, 23.9 % of the spms were gathered directly from the sea-floor, as live animals, by skin-diving Hn.
    shell fishing & fresh-water fishing was a common activity of Hn, as indicated by anatomical studies recently published by E.Trinkaus.(ear exostoses --mv)
    Lithic analysis provides data to show the relation between stone tools & shell tools.

Several layers contain pumices, derived from volcanic eruptions in the Ischia Island or the Campi Flegrei (prior to the Campanian Ignimbrite mega-eruption).
    Their rounded edges indicate: they were transported by sea-currents to the beach at the base of the Moscerini sequence.
    Incontrovertible evidence that Hn collected pumices is provided by a cave in Liguria.
    We prove: the exploitation of submerged aquatic resources & pumice collection common in the Upper Paleolithic were part of Hn behavior, well before Hs arrival in W-Europe.

"Sheltered shallow water habitat", could be gotten at low tide by walking.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 8 22:57:54 2022
    Op vrijdag 9 september 2022 om 01:43:40 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:

Paola Villa cs 2020 doi org/10.1371/journal.pone.0226690

Of course, my boy, but that doesn't explain Hn pachyosteosclerosis, nor Hn platycephaly, nor Hn platymeria, nor Hn platypelloidy, nor etc.etc.
    Only incredible imbeciles still deny neandertals frequently *dived* for shallow-aquatic foods.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to littor...@gmail.com on Fri Sep 9 11:49:40 2022
    On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 1:57:55 AM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
    Op vrijdag 9 september 2022 om 01:43:40 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:
    The shell-tools are made on valves of the smooth clam Callista chione. The general idea that the valves of Callista chione were collected by Hn on the beach after the death of the mollusk, is incomplete.
    The most plausible hypothesis: they were collected by Hn. Incontrovertible evidence that Hn collected pumices is provided by a cave in Liguria.
    Use of pumices as abraders is well documented in the Upper Paleolithic. We prove: the exploitation of submerged aquatic resources & pumice collection common in the Upper Paleolithic were part of Hn behavior, well before Hs arrival in W-Europe.

Of course, my boy, but that doesn't explain Hn pachyosteosclerosis, nor Hn platycephaly, nor Hn platymeria, nor Hn platypelloidy, nor etc.etc.
    Only incredible imbeciles still deny neandertals frequently *dived* for shallow-aquatic foods.
    POS Homo skull in Central India
    1 view
    DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves's profile photo
    DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves
    Sep 8, 2022, 4:35:35 PM (22 hours ago)
    to
    https://youtu.be/P51YHnhBdgI
    1:45

Even farther from coasts than Trinil!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 9 20:16:01 2022
    On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 2:49:41 PM UTC-4, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
    On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 1:57:55 AM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
    The shell-tools are made on valves of the smooth clam Callista chione. The general idea that the valves of Callista chione were collected by Hn on the beach after the death of the mollusk, is incomplete.
    Their presence in the occupation layers above the beach is discussed. The most plausible hypothesis: they were collected by Hn. Incontrovertible evidence that Hn collected pumices is provided by a cave in Liguria.
    Use of pumices as abraders is well documented in the Upper Paleolithic. We prove: the exploitation of submerged aquatic resources & pumice collection common in the Upper Paleolithic were part of Hn behavior, well before Hs arrival in W-Europe.

1 view
    to

Mountain site Orozmani, Georgia 1.8ma tooth https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/oddly-enough/georgian-archaeologists-find-18-million-year-old-human-tooth-2022-09-09/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JTEM is so reasonable@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 11 13:41:22 2022
    DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

Mountain site Orozmani, Georgia 1.8ma tooth

Hmm. So a half million year old tooth establishes the existence of Chimpanzees back 6 million years or more, while a 1.8 million year old tooth in Eurasia establishes an African origins?

Um. You're not good at this.

And what was the topography of the region some 1.8 million years ago? I mean, as you are such an expert.

How does your savanna idiocy explain this find of yours?

Oo! I'm all a-tingle in anticipation of your answers!

I should say; that was sarcasm. S-A-R-C-A-S-M. Look it up.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/694874494528077824

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JTEM is so reasonable@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 11 13:32:50 2022
    DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

I know that you're emotionally disturbed, and not just intellectually handicapped,
    but what on earth do you imagine yourself to be disputing?

There is no way, shape or form to get humans ANYWHERE in Asia, adhering to
    the idiotic savanna model.

"Endurance running... SO INDIA!"

But aquatic ape does work. It's a mechanism for moving people across continents with a built-in reason for them moving inland periodically.

I'd explain it all, but you never once grasped it in the past and, let's be honest, you're
    not about to grasp a word of it today either.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/694874494528077824

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 11 14:25:50 2022
    Their presence in the occupation layers above the beach is discussed. The most plausible hypothesis: they were collected by Hn. Incontrovertible evidence that Hn collected pumices is provided by a cave in Liguria.

Somebody:

The same imbecile:

1 view
    to

Never heard of rivers??

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05