• 7ka dogs ate fish, seafood; wolves ate deer

From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 23 14:17:00 2022
    They discovered that dogs of 7,000-8,000 years ago "were already quite small, meaning that they just couldn't do the things that most wolves were doing," said Losey.

This in turn led to greater dependence on humans for food, and reliance on small prey and scavenging, rather than prey bigger than themselves, which wolves hunt.

"We see that dogs have marine diets, meaning they're eating fish, shellfish, seals and sea lions, which they can't easily get themselves," he said.

Ancient dogs were found to be eating fish "in areas of Siberia where the lakes and rivers are frozen over for seven to eight months of the year."

Wolves of the time, and today, were hunting in packs and mainly eating various species of deer.
    ---
    This supports my claim that earliest domestic dogs were used to pull coracles between shore and Phu Quoc island Vietnam, then brought north to pull sleds.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dolores Filandro@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 24 06:52:41 2022
    On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 5:17:02 PM UTC-4, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
    They discovered that dogs of 7,000-8,000 years ago "were already quite small, meaning that they just couldn't do the things that most wolves were doing," said Losey.

This in turn led to greater dependence on humans for food, and reliance on small prey and scavenging, rather than prey bigger than themselves, which wolves hunt.

"We see that dogs have marine diets, meaning they're eating fish, shellfish, seals and sea lions, which they can't easily get themselves," he said.

Ancient dogs were found to be eating fish "in areas of Siberia where the lakes and rivers are frozen over for seven to eight months of the year."

Wolves of the time, and today, were hunting in packs and mainly eating various species of deer.
    ---
    This supports my claim that earliest domestic dogs were used to pull coracles between shore and Phu Quoc island Vietnam, then brought north to pull sleds.

It just as well supports the claim that the earliest domestic dogs ate garbage and were then eaten themselves.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)