• Domeshield shelters selected for conversation, sensitive hearing, not l

From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 16 19:21:29 2022
    H.erectus & H.sapiens cochleae set apart from living non-human catarrhines & australopiths.
    They show cochlear relative lengths & oval window areas larger than expected for their body mass, 2 features corresponding to increased low-frequency sensitivity <2 Ma.
    The uniqueness of the “hypertrophied” cochlea in the genus Homo (vs australopiths) & the significantly high phylogenetic signal of this organ among apes indicate its usefulness to identify homologies & monophyletic groups in the hominid fossil record.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 17 01:28:08 2022
    Op vrijdag 17 juni 2022 om 04:21:31 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:

H.erectus & H.sapiens cochleae set apart from living non-human catarrhines & australopiths.
    They show cochlear relative lengths & oval window areas larger than expected for their body mass, 2 features corresponding to increased low-frequency sensitivity <2 Ma.
    The uniqueness of the “hypertrophied” cochlea in the genus Homo (vs australopiths) & the significantly high phylogenetic signal of this organ among apes indicate its usefulness to identify homologies & monophyletic groups in the hominid fossil
    record.

Simply an aquatic adaptation. Sound propagation in air vs water. See my comment at the article.
    "Disproportionate Cochlear Length in Genus Homo Shows a High Phylogenetic Signal during Apes’ Hearing Evolution"
    J Braga cs 2015
    doi org/10.1371/journal.pone.0127780

Only incridible imbeciles think their Pleistocene ancestors ran after antelopes.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to littor...@gmail.com on Fri Jun 17 04:43:33 2022
    On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 4:28:10 AM UTC-4, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
    Op vrijdag 17 juni 2022 om 04:21:31 UTC+2 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:

MV: H erectus aquatic
    MV: H sapiens NOT aquatic
    DD: Cochleae same in both, proving "aquaticness" irrelevant.
    DD: H erectus portable domeshields, conversation selected for.
    DD: H sapiens sedentary hearthed dome huts, conversation selected for.

The uniqueness of the “hypertrophied” cochlea in the genus Homo (vs australopiths) & the significantly high phylogenetic signal of this organ among apes indicate its usefulness to identify homologies & monophyletic groups in the hominid fossil
    record.
    Simply an aquatic adaptation. Sound propagation in air vs water. See my comment at the article.
    "Disproportionate Cochlear Length in Genus Homo Shows a High Phylogenetic Signal during Apes’ Hearing Evolution"
    J Braga cs 2015
    doi org/10.1371/journal.pone.0127780

Only incridible imbeciles think their Pleistocene ancestors ran after antelopes.
    Kudus in central Java?? What are you jabbering about?? Saiga backfloaters??

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05