• Rainforest bipedalism, carrying, naked, shielded

From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 12 23:21:07 2022
    Humans split from arboreal apes and became terrestrial apes, due to a chromosome fusion/inversion, probably simultaneously with the inversion of the standard arboreal ape bowl nest into the predecessor of the dome hut, the dome shield, a sort of umbrella
    of twigs and leaves. Sleeping endomed reduced the normal advantage of fur, being a rain-shedding sun-shading bug-screening camouflaged shield, mother & infant under one, father and toddler in adjacent one, and others sleeping around the base of an easily
    climbed escape tree if nocturnal predators came by. By 250,000 years ago, the fur long gone, a campfire replaced the tree as the focal point, by 50,000 years ago, sedentary dome huts (doorways) and gardening supplanted nomadic dome shields, though
    shields were still used eg. coracles, war shields, basketry…

Jeff Goldberg @Quora:
    While certainly plausible, I would be interested to know the argument for the “23 and human” merger being so closely tied to the move to the ground and use of ground-based shelters.

We see no arboreal apes with 23, only 24 chromosome pairs, indicating a permanent isolation, despite humans, gorillas, chimps and bonobos overlapping in econiche, diet & geography. Accompanying the change was the polarising division of limb and digit
    changes, longer arms and fingers & shorter legs in daily climbing arboreal apes, longer legs and thumbs & shorter arms in daily carrying-striding terrestrial humans. The dome shields were portable ground shelters, carried while foraging (basket) &
    hunting (camo shield), tilted up for shade for day naps, dug in for night sleep.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From I Envy JTEM@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 13 11:10:03 2022
    DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

Humans split from arboreal apes and became terrestrial apes

This isn't the case with Chimps, and I insist it wasn't the case with gorillas as well -- they were bipedal too. The pattern seems to be terrestrial
    animals splitting off and then becoming arboreal.

-- --

https://rumble.com/vr5fsv-confessions-of-an-ex-hippie.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 31 23:59:33 2022
    On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 2:21:08 AM UTC-5, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:
    Humans split from arboreal apes and became terrestrial apes, due to a chromosome fusion/inversion, probably simultaneously with the inversion of the standard arboreal ape bowl nest into the predecessor of the dome hut, the dome shield, a sort of
    umbrella of twigs and leaves. Sleeping endomed reduced the normal advantage of fur, being a rain-shedding sun-shading bug-screening camouflaged shield, mother & infant under one, father and toddler in adjacent one, and others sleeping around the base of
    an easily climbed escape tree if nocturnal predators came by. By 250,000 years ago, the fur long gone, a campfire replaced the tree as the focal point, by 50,000 years ago, sedentary dome huts (doorways) and gardening supplanted nomadic dome shields,
    though shields were still used eg. coracles, war shields, basketry…

Jeff Goldberg @Quora:
    While certainly plausible, I would be interested to know the argument for the “23 and human” merger being so closely tied to the move to the ground and use of ground-based shelters.

We see no arboreal apes with 23, only 24 chromosome pairs, indicating a permanent isolation, despite humans, gorillas, chimps and bonobos overlapping in econiche, diet & geography. Accompanying the change was the polarising division of limb and digit
    changes, longer arms and fingers & shorter legs in daily climbing arboreal apes, longer legs and thumbs & shorter arms in daily carrying-striding terrestrial humans. The dome shields were portable ground shelters, carried while foraging (basket) &
    hunting (camo shield), tilted up for shade for day naps, dug in for night sleep.

Pygmies slit the stems of large broad-leaves and clothespin them to the wicker frame of their dome huts. Ancient Homo did the same with their domeshield, and used the same slit & pin method to hang and cure ultra-thin meat slices at streamside (sunnier
    there than under the forest canopy) before fire was domesticated. Killing a boar or sow required a strong sharp spear, the hunters stood behind shields next to trees, if charged they climbed 2' up the tree, safe since the boar couldn't raise it's head,
    unlike a bull or stag. (Russians do this, they cling to tree trunks just above the ground, no need to climb higher.)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05