• Hair differentiation

From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 25 18:11:53 2021
    Quora, my response to 'Why is beard hair different from scalp hair?'.

Coarse hair (beard hair, axillary underarm hair and genital hair) is associated with skin glands that produce scent, a retention of our anthropoid ancestral reproductive physiology.
    Body hair is a retention of our mammal ancestral temperature control physiology, thermo-insulation, reduced in length due to the adaptation of nocturnal sheltering, diurnal clothing, and domestic fire by paleolithic people.
    Scalp (head) hair is a retention of our primate ancestral fur that has been modified by ancestral environments, tightly coiled in hot tropical zones (shading while ventilating scalp), straight in cold temperate zones (providing insulation).
    Pregnant women/mothers grow thicker longer scalp hair, which gave piggyback-riding (or floating in water) toddlers an easily grasped part of her while keeping her hands free to forage and process food.
    (I didn't mention speech, domeshields nor obligate orthograde bipedalism, for brevity).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Dec 26 03:37:02 2021
    Op zondag 26 december 2021 om 03:11:54 UTC+1 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:

??

Haven't you read 1985 Med.Hypoth.16:17-32
    "The aquatic ape theory: evidence and a possible scenario".

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to littor...@gmail.com on Sun Dec 26 06:21:27 2021
    On Sunday, December 26, 2021 at 6:37:03 AM UTC-5, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
    Op zondag 26 december 2021 om 03:11:54 UTC+1 schreef DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves:
    ??

Mermaids have hair, not beards!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Primum Sapienti@21:1/5 to littor...@gmail.com on Fri Dec 31 22:42:21 2021
    littor...@gmail.com wrote:

??

1985? :=}}}}

https://imgshare.io/image/verhaegen1985.NnU1uX

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Primum Sapienti@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 31 22:39:10 2021
    DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

Coarse hair (beard hair, axillary underarm hair and genital hair) is associated with skin glands that produce scent, a retention of our anthropoid ancestral reproductive physiology.
    Body hair is a retention of our mammal ancestral temperature control physiology, thermo-insulation, reduced in length due to the adaptation of nocturnal sheltering, diurnal clothing, and domestic fire by paleolithic people.
    Scalp (head) hair is a retention of our primate ancestral fur that has been modified by ancestral environments, tightly coiled in hot tropical zones (shading while ventilating scalp), straight in cold temperate zones (providing insulation).
    Pregnant women/mothers grow thicker longer scalp hair, which gave piggyback-riding (or floating in water) toddlers an easily grasped part of her while keeping her hands free to forage and process food.
    (I didn't mention speech, domeshields nor obligate orthograde bipedalism, for brevity).

Beard hair, in males of course, is a puberty indicator. Other locations of
    body hair, pubic, underarm, are likewise puberty indicators. Thus
    reproductive ability is displayed.

It is also significant that this hair has a function for scent dispersal.

Since males also can have long hair, that undercuts the notion that in
    females it was for
    toddlers to hang on to.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to Primum Sapienti on Sat Jan 1 02:39:22 2022
    On Saturday, January 1, 2022 at 12:39:08 AM UTC-5, Primum Sapienti wrote:
    DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

Beard hair, in males of course, is a puberty indicator. Other locations of body hair, pubic, underarm, are likewise puberty indicators. Thus reproductive ability is displayed.

It is also significant that this hair has a function for scent dispersal.

They are one and the same, scent & sight combined, along with sound-song to display. Most arboreals use sight, most terrestrials use scent.

Since males also can have long hair, that undercuts the notion that in females it was for
    toddlers to hang on to.

Both males and females carried toddlers piggyback style, allow free use of arms.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 1 04:51:21 2022

I read here several irrelevant or idiotic reactions,
    but here's the relevant passage from

"The aquatic ape theory and some common diseases"
    Med.Hypoth.24:293-300, 1987:

Head and trunk dermatoses

There is a group of skin & hair disorders of head & upper trunk that are
    - very common,
    - uniquely human,
    - mainly hereditary,
    - androgen-induced,
    - non-itching, painless & merely cosmetic.

Acne vulgaris, an inflammation of the sebaceous follicles (SFs), is more prevalent around puberty & in males.
    SFs exist only in humans, and are activated by dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
    In the affected areas, the patients have an increased 5-alpha-reductase activity, that converts testosterone into DHT.
    SFs are mainly situated at the forehead, cheeks, chin, upper ventral chest & between the shoulders.
    Recently we suggested that the sebum of the SFs once kept the hairs waterproof & well-fitting to the body, so that the male’s neck was streamlined for a swimming life-style (1985).
    A similar combination of hairs & sebum is shown by the adult male Steller’s sea-lion Eumetopias.

Seborrheic dermatitis (SD) is partly hereditary (caused by Pityrosporum yeasts belonging to our normal microflora), and more common in young adult men.
    It mainly consists of scales & scurf at the naked/hairy boundary of the scalp (dandruff), beside the nose, beneath the brows, inside & behind the ears, and presternally.
    When we sketch SD, SFs & head hairs (DHT induces longer-growing brows, male pattern alopecia & presternal hair) upon a reconstruction of a Pliocene male ancestor swimming under water (1985), the localization is very remarkable & typical:
    - scales at the origins of the hairs,
    - sebum under the shafts of the hairs.
    Since our ancestors never used shampoo, we may suppose that the scales stuck amid the hairs, end even made a scaly layer over them, as in serious cases of dandruff (SD).
    Scales & hairs were glued together by the sebum oozed by SFs underneath the hairs.

IOW, every medical doctor with a little knowledge of dermatology immediately sees the connection.
    For why women (less DHT) evolved longer head hairs & less sebum than men, see Elaine Morgan.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to littor...@gmail.com on Sat Jan 1 20:21:58 2022
    On Saturday, January 1, 2022 at 7:51:22 AM UTC-5, littor...@gmail.com wrote:
    I read here several irrelevant or idiotic reactions,
    but here's the relevant passage from

"The aquatic ape theory and some common diseases"
    Med.Hypoth.24:293-300, 1987:

Head and trunk dermatoses

There is a group of skin & hair disorders of head & upper trunk that are
    - very common,
    - uniquely human,
    - mainly hereditary,
    - androgen-induced,
    - non-itching, painless & merely cosmetic.

Acne vulgaris, an inflammation of the sebaceous follicles (SFs), is more prevalent around puberty & in males.
    SFs exist only in humans, and are activated by dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
    In the affected areas, the patients have an increased 5-alpha-reductase activity, that converts testosterone into DHT.
    SFs are mainly situated at the forehead, cheeks, chin, upper ventral chest & between the shoulders.
    Recently we suggested that the sebum of the SFs once kept the hairs waterproof & well-fitting to the body, so that the male’s neck was streamlined for a swimming life-style (1985).
    A similar combination of hairs & sebum is shown by the adult male Steller’s sea-lion Eumetopias.

Seborrheic dermatitis (SD) is partly hereditary (caused by Pityrosporum yeasts belonging to our normal microflora), and more common in young adult men.
    It mainly consists of scales & scurf at the naked/hairy boundary of the scalp (dandruff), beside the nose, beneath the brows, inside & behind the ears, and presternally.
    When we sketch SD, SFs & head hairs (DHT induces longer-growing brows, male pattern alopecia & presternal hair) upon a reconstruction of a Pliocene male ancestor swimming under water (1985), the localization is very remarkable & typical:
    - scales at the origins of the hairs,
    - sebum under the shafts of the hairs.
    Since our ancestors never used shampoo, we may suppose that the scales stuck amid the hairs, end even made a scaly layer over them, as in serious cases of dandruff (SD).
    Scales & hairs were glued together by the sebum oozed by SFs underneath the hairs.

IOW, every medical doctor with a little knowledge of dermatology immediately sees the connection.
    For why women (less DHT) evolved longer head hairs & less sebum than men, see Elaine Morgan.

IOW Homo havfru had fishy scales. Thanks Stephen, now all sensible.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_l@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 6 15:12:09 2022
    On Saturday, December 25, 2021 at 9:11:54 PM UTC-5, DD'eDeN aka note/nickname/alas_my_loves wrote:

See at 5 minutes, malaseezia fungus grows on scalp decomposing sebum causing dandruff in half the human population

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIe2oerd25c

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05